[Min KSP 1.12.2] Blueshift: Kerbal FTL

Angelo Kerman

Looking really cool. By the way, could we get a single-piece large warp gate? It would be really cool to have a ring shaped station, where the hole in the center is a portal and everyone lives and works on the rim.

1 minute ago, SkyFall2489 said:

Looking really cool. By the way, could we get a single-piece large warp gate? It would be really cool to have a ring shaped station, where the hole in the center is a portal and everyone lives and works on the rim.

Hm, you could clone the Astria Porta, edit WBIGateAssembler, and set enabledMeshCount = 9 to complete the ring. Then you'd have a fully assembled ring to construct your stations with. :)

Just now, Angel-125 said:

Hm, you could clone the Astria Porta, edit WBIGateAssembler, and set enabledMeshCount = 9 to complete the ring. Then you'd have a fully assembled ring to construct your stations with. :)

Thing is, building around the ring would be much easier with radial symmetry. If I use radial symmetry to put stuff on the cloned part, would it appear equally spaced around the portal?

6 minutes ago, SkyFall2489 said:

Thing is, building around the ring would be much easier with radial symmetry. If I use radial symmetry to put stuff on the cloned part, would it appear equally spaced around the portal?

Sorry, I should clarify by saying copy the wbiAstriaPorta.cfg file, giving name = wbiAstriaPorta a new name, and then editing the WBIGateAssembler as noted above. That will make your copied gate show up in the editor as a complete ring. Be sure to give it a new title and description.

33 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Sorry, I should clarify by saying copy the wbiAstriaPorta.cfg file, giving name = wbiAstriaPorta a new name, and then editing the WBIGateAssembler as noted above. That will make your copied gate show up in the editor as a complete ring. Be sure to give it a new title and description.

I understood what you meant, my concerns are relating to radial symmetry of parts placed on the gate, not the gate itself. Sorry for the miscommunication.

3 hours ago, TycoonTitian01 said:

so whats the issue with spacedust? I want to try galaxies unbound, but it gets a fatal error

The issue seems to be that you did not read the last few pages and used an old version of Blueshift. The current version 1.7.8 should be fine.

Here's a concept, from Gemina, by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff, book 2 in the Illuminae series. It's a large station called Jump Station Heimdall, about 3KM in diameter - although the blueshift gates are already much smaller than the rings in The Expanse. Maybe call the new part the "Kermdall" Jump Station Frame?

heimdall-full-station-view1.jpg

Edited by SkyFall2489

51 minutes ago, Grimmas said:

Just missing the restaurant at the end of the universe there :)

Milliways would be just a great place to visit I think.  Imagine watching the end and beginning of it all each night.  I think if Jeb opens another orbital bar and grill, it will be named Milliways.  Perhaps around a black hole.

Just now, Grimmas said:

You forgot the last screenshot where the gate jumps up and explodes due to KSP being KSP :)

But seriously, is it gonna be OK? Tethered to the ground somehow, maybe like the ground anchor?

Yup! It will be tethered to the ground like the stock ground anchor.

Just now, Ooglak Kerman said:

Ohhh.. this has possibilities!!

Heh. :) Make a seed ship that warps around, drops off a gate, and moves onto the next world. Better yet, install Extraplanetary Launchpads and build a gate on the spot.

And what happens if it falls over after being dropped?

xi8bTsT.png

YJOVFGO.png

EvHwf2K.png

10 hours ago, obnox twin said:

Do you have a wilddblueindstruies folder?/ can you give me photos of your gamedata and I will see what is wrong

I put the Blueshift subfolder of that folder to the Gamedata folder instead of the whole wildblueindustries folder. The difficulty settings show up correctly, but nothing else.

12 hours ago, Rakete said:

Unlock the new modes in the techtree first, which BS introduced.

I tested it in sandbox mode.

Edited by qwery123

16 hours ago, Rakete said:

@Angel-125 Bugreport:  between medium and severe, type: calculations.

I guess I could confirm this after serveral fiddling around in the vab:

Look at the max warp speed values in tha VAB:

DAN7bGy.pngMvgkEnv.png

The supercharger makes no difference.

Now in the real world:

3YkBaVq.pngCzSmjtA.png

Without supercharger: No warp at all with full throttle (Max Warp = 0,000)! With supercharger 7x higher warp speed than predicted in the VAB.  I guess there is a bug around ;-)

The in tha VAB shown max warp factor doesn't match neither the speed in planetary SOI nor the interplanetary speed. It can't be the interstellar speed, as it would be even higher. So I guess, the MaxWarp-Calculation in the VAB/SPH has a bug. Atm it has nothing to do with the "reality" in the game.

Maybe you can have a look at it before the next release drops? The needed testrig-ship is as simple as shown:

Commandpod of your choice (This one is from Nerteas NF Spacecraft Mod, but the stock one will do also) and some toys on it, warp core, coil, Deut/Pellet tank, done.

@Angel-125: Can you have a look at this before the next release?

On 5/22/2022 at 7:03 PM, qwery123 said:

I put the Blueshift subfolder of that folder to the Gamedata folder instead of the whole wildblueindustries folder. The difficulty settings show up correctly, but nothing else.

I tested it in sandbox mode.

You installed it wrong

On 5/22/2022 at 7:16 PM, Grimmas said:

You installed it wrong, you need to copy the folder structure as-is. Arbitrarily changing folders will result in issues like you're experiencing now. 

And yes just copy as it is and merge any other wildblue folders if you install any other wildblue mods

This is my standard rover/miner that goes to all the places.  It isn't pretty, but it gets the job done.  I thought..  how about a gravatic drive.  Lets see what that can do.

Spoiler

bgWK1vG.png

Okayyy.  This is adequate and has real possibilities.  It previously had the poodle engine on the rear and landing on Vall was dicey.  Tylo was right out.  Consisted of landing on the engine and tipping over and hitting RCS like mad.  Gravatic changes all that.  Set to hover and tip on over and ease it down.

Spoiler

GINGrEc.png

EZPZ landing on the VAB.  This isn't gonna work at all for Eve, but possibly for Laythe and Duna.

Spoiler

oZYUMrY.png

Oh... and you can actually mine the VAB for resources.  Fun!

Edited by Ooglak Kerman