[Min KSP 1.12.2] Blueshift: Kerbal FTL

Angelo Kerman

9 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Configuration with FFT, no FS, no WBTools.

Configuration without FFT, with FS, With WBTools.

Configuration without FFT, without FS, With WBTools.

Configuration without FFT, without FS, without WBTools.

Just to make sure, even if I still have B9 part switch?

I need it for Near Future Electrical.

Edited by SkyFall2489

Huh..  Planetary Speed Brake.

Valentina: Enabled. Once is enough.
Jeb: Disabled!  Ye-haw.  Hold mah Orbital Ale.

Oh my.  It makes getting out of the Jool or Sarnus SOI very very fast.  Make sure something is not in the way <cough>Vall<cough>

Edited by Ooglak Kerman

@Angel-125 With Blueshift 1.8.1 loaded, I'm getting errors in the VAB for loading ships with wbiS1WarpCoil, wbiS2WarpCoil

For my Warp Tanker, the error is "Vessel Warp Tanker is missing part wbiS1WarpCoil"

The ship loads and the parts are there.  Saving it to the same or a different name doesn't fix.

I see the issue. 

In 1.8.1

PART
{
	name = wbiS1WarpCoil2  <-----
	module = Part
	author = Angel-125

MODEL
	{
		model = WildBlueIndustries/Blueshift/Parts/Engine/WarpTech/s1WarpCoil
	}

In 1.7.7 and previous

PART
{
	name = wbiS1WarpCoil
	module = Part
	author = Angel-125

MODEL
	{
	}

Is this intentional?

46 minutes ago, Ooglak Kerman said:

@Angel-125 With Blueshift 1.8.1 loaded, I'm getting errors in the VAB for loading ships with wbiS1WarpCoil, wbiS2WarpCoil

For my Warp Tanker, the error is "Vessel Warp Tanker is missing part wbiS1WarpCoil"

The ship loads and the parts are there.  Saving it to the same or a different name doesn't fix.

I see the issue. 

In 1.8.1

PART
{
	name = wbiS1WarpCoil2  <-----
	module = Part
	author = Angel-125

MODEL
	{
	}

In 1.7.7 and previous

PART
{
	name = wbiS1WarpCoil
	module = Part
	author = Angel-125

MODEL
	{
	}

Is this intentional?

wbiS1WarpCoil should be in the Parts/deprecated folder. I had to deprecate the original because I changed the radial attachment node. Not sure why you are seeing issues though.

Well.. it's showing as errors, but seems to be just fine with the errors.  The ships load and work just fine.  KSP just gripes about it.

That said... not going in my main game yet.

Here's a screenshot of what I'm getting

Spoiler

OEzOYkq.png

This one was built in 1.7.7 if I remember.  It looks like the load screen can't grok the Parts/deprecated folder but the loading code is just fine with it.  Wierd.

But... when I go to launch, it won't - saying "Unavailable Experimental Parts"

EZ test of this.  Make a 2 part ship with a MK1-3 on top and a S2 Warp coil under and save.  Then bring to 1.8.1.

I would have thought that my ships in play with the S1 and S2 Warp Coil to  give up

Edited by Ooglak Kerman

50 minutes ago, Ooglak Kerman said:

Well.. it's showing as errors, but seems to be just fine with the errors.  The ships load and work just fine.  KSP just gripes about it.

That said... not going in my main game yet.

Here's a screenshot of what I'm getting

Hide contents

This one was built in 1.7.7 if I remember.  It looks like the load screen can't grok the Parts/deprecated folder but the loading code is just fine with it.  Wierd.

It wouldn't be two .cfg files that have the same name would it?

In the deprecated parts folder you might need to add this to the part config:

TechRequired:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree] = unifiedFieldTheory
	TechRequired:NEEDS[!CommunityTechTree] = wbiWarpTech

Try adding that to the part configs.

7 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

In the deprecated parts folder you might need to add this to the part config:

TechRequired:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree] = unifiedFieldTheory
	TechRequired:NEEDS[!CommunityTechTree] = wbiWarpTech

Yep!  That there got it.  Thanks.  Great catch.  Gahh..  and I spent sooo much time looking at the code and all.  It was just right in front of me.  New learning every day.

1.8.2 to fix?

Sidequestion: what does WBTools offer? Saw it on the github repo, but not in the forums. What can I do with it? 

I really am a fan of your work

Edited by Rakete

2 hours ago, Ooglak Kerman said:

Yep!  That there got it.  Thanks.  Great catch.  Gahh..  and I spent sooo much time looking at the code and all.  It was just right in front of me.  New learning every day.

1.8.2 to fix?

Yeah, but I will wait a few days to avoid spamming releases.

4 minutes ago, Rakete said:

Sidequestion: what does WBTools offer? Saw it on the github repo, but not in the forums. What can I do with it? 

I really am a fan of your work

It is a dependency for my older mods. It has a lot of things like the basis for MOLE’s science experiments, resource switching, converter switching, and many other things that are common between my old mods.

17 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

It is a dependency for my older mods. It has a lot of things like the basis for MOLE’s science experiments, resource switching, converter switching, and many other things that are common between my old mods.

Ah... means it is a pure under-the-motor-hood-mod, that doesn't do much on its own, unless you have the other mods, that use its mechanics. Alright, then I understand. :wink:

I gave a try with the S1 graviolium harvester.  Consistently getting "nothing to harvest" in interplanetary space and then eventually the control seems to lose interest and offers no further information on graviolium availability and the start button disappears.

Spoiler

Mcvzlpg.png

I have KFS and WBT installed.  Might they be getting in the way?

@Grimmas is your offer to have a look at my logs still good?  I've done the trip to Nova Kirbani and back a few times and I keep getting the issue with it locking up for up to 10 minutes.  It appears that it happens when the Nova Kirbani systems start to load in when inbound and when they offload on the way out.  I can't imagine I'm running into an I/O constraint on my drive but who knows.

Link for logs

Edited by Ooglak Kerman

19 minutes ago, Ooglak Kerman said:

@Grimmas is your offer to have a look at my logs still good?  I've done the trip to Nova Kirbani and back a few times and I keep getting the issue with it locking up for up to 10 minutes.  It appears that it happens when the Nova Kirbani systems start to load in when inbound and when they offload on the way out.  I can't imagine I'm running into an I/O constraint on my drive but who knows.

Link for logs

Not much stands out to me but I do have a few comments for things you could look into: 

1) You are running KSP 1.12.2 while the latest version is 1.12.3, I suggest upgrading to get any potential bugfixes.
2) You are missing a DLL, Scale_Redist - maybe from incorrectly installed Tweakscale? It could be another mod that is incorrectly trying to load it (maybe KSP Recall? Not sure). 
3) You are using an old version of scatterer, I believe GU needs the latest version instead. The two are not really compatible as there were some major changes from 0.772 to 0.8+ Some other planet packs like JNSQ need the version you're using. 
4) BARIS is fairly old now, not sure how well it works with the latest KSP version, I'd look into replacing it (with EVA Repairs for instance)
5) You probably do not need BoulderCo as GU has all the stock EVE/Scatterer configs you need (may be an optional install from GU)
6) You could try installing KSP Community Fixes and see if that improves anything.

Thanks for the input @Grimmas.  After this log save, I did install the latest Scatterer as well as Eve.  I had never used tweakscale, but there may have been something that needed it.

Thanks for taking the time and looking at this and I'll implement your suggestions and see what it gets for me.  Nova Kirbani is key for my story line.  The pauses in the game are really more of an annoyance and after things sort themselves out, all is good.  I might just have to live with it for now.

Thanks again.

More to this - with apologies to angel-125 since it's not on topic.  The issue is definitively related to the various bits of Nova Kirbani loading into the game as my craft approaches the system.  After implementing the major recommendations of @Grimmas  the lag time was greatly reduced and is triggered by autosave.

This leads me to wonder if I have an I/O issue happening.  I'll be moving the game to a NVMe SSD tomorrow - nothing like throwing technology at it - and we'll see what happens.

Edited by Ooglak Kerman

3 hours ago, Ooglak Kerman said:

I gave a try with the S1 graviolium harvester.  Consistently getting "nothing to harvest" in interplanetary space and then eventually the control seems to lose interest and offers no further information on graviolium availability and the start button disappears.

Reveal hidden contents

Mcvzlpg.png

I have KFS and WBT installed.  Might they be getting in the way?

In interplanetary space, the stock resource converter won't find anything- that is the text that you're seeing. What I might need to do is find a way to hide it or shut it off in interplanetary space. The WBIWarpSpeedHarvester, however, is working. :)

Just now, Angel-125 said:

In interplanetary space, the stock resource converter won't find anything- that is the text that you're seeing. What I might need to do is find a way to hide it or shut it off in interplanetary space. The WBIWarpSpeedHarvester, however, is working. :)

Ahh.. so, if I read correctly, the graviolium concentration isn't being shown by WBIWarpSpeedHarvester.  Might be a thing to consider giving some sort of input that the thing is really doing something.

The part is gorgeous though!  Vals Warp Tanker will be back to the repair and refit station to get the endcaps yoinked and the S1 Harvester installed - if only for the visuals.  Well done on that.

On another topic...  is 000ABARISBridgeDoNotDelete something that is not really needed any more?  It appears to be a thing that is a source of some log issues.

1 minute ago, Ooglak Kerman said:

Ahh.. so, if I read correctly, the graviolium concentration isn't being shown by WBIWarpSpeedHarvester.  Might be a thing to consider giving some sort of input that the thing is really doing something.

The part is gorgeous though!  Vals Warp Tanker will be back to the repair and refit station to get the endcaps yoinked and the S1 Harvester installed - if only for the visuals.  Well done on that.

On another topic...  is 000ABARISBridgeDoNotDelete something that is not really needed any more?  It appears to be a thing that is a source of some log issues.

That will take an update to WildBlueTools, which I can do next week. That bridge was necessary in the old days, but now that BARIS is defunct, I can remove the need for it in the next version of Wild Blue Tools.

4 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

That will take an update to WildBlueTools, which I can do next week. That bridge was necessary in the old days, but now that BARIS is defunct, I can remove the need for it in the next version of Wild Blue Tools.

Family sized jug of Awesome Sauce!

@Angel-125, Need some help here. I have a 23 ton warp ship with 10 1.25M coils, 1 2.5m warp core, and 1 2.5m gravimetric generator. It also has a large power supply. However, when I attempt to run it, the engine says electric charge depleted and starts warping backwards with no visual effects. The logs don't seem to say anything about this, no NREs.

I had this great idea to recreate the Astral Express (an FTL equipped space train wandering the stars) from the (currently in beta) JRPG called Honkai Star Rail, and this is the only warp mod with a way to not have rings, which are very important to getting the look right...

Honkai-Star-Rail-710x400.jpg

Edited by SkyFall2489

@Angel-125 Bugreport-Update: VAB-Warpspeed Calculations

Please don't be mad on me, 'cause it's me again reporting an issue... :cool::wink::sticktongue:

VAB-Warpspeed-Calculations still do not reflect the to be expected in-flight-warp speeds:

Warpspeed-Calculation in the VAB: 0.643C

0plIxLv.png

In flight: interplanetary Space: 4.547C

WCJFBGU.png

Near Kerbin:  0.021C (Speedbrake engaged)

j2bTBFE.png

To me it's not clear, to what the warp speed estimation in the VAB refers to, since the value of 0.643C in the VAB does neither match planetary SOI nor interplanetary area as it lies in between both values.

This means, currently it's not possible to estimate the warp power for a vessel correctly, that's not launched yet. This is not so great for players, who have reverting launches disabled and don't cheat their warp ships to orbit to test, what those can do.

Here a PAW-proposal of VAB/SPH-Calculations as improval:

Zephram Kochrane's VAB/SPH-Warpspeed pocket calculator for magic carpet rides:

• Max Warpspeed Interplanetary: xxxxx C
  • Max Warpspeed Interstellar : xxxxx C

(I would leave out the planetary SOI-Warpspeed prediction, as it depends on the gravity well and does not make sense to show in the VAB).

This would help players, who have reverting launches disabled, to know what to expect of the vessel they are currently building. Those values should then meet the in-flight-values of cause :D

Bugreport #2: (Very Minor!) The sliders for thrust and for the supercharger can't be dragged and dropped anymore. They have to be clicked to the desired position in the VAB

Closed Bugreports / Politely asked Requests:

• B9-Partswitch-Bug upon KSP Launch is gone for FFT-Users. Thank you !!!
  • FTL-Tanks and Endcaps now contain Liquid Deuterium for use in MK2-Ships. Thank you very very much! This helps so, so much in designing visualy pleasing vehicles!

Edited by Rakete