[Min KSP 1.12.2] Blueshift: Kerbal FTL

Angelo Kerman

Blueshift 1.8.6 is now available:

Fixes

- Fixed jumpgate selection unable to select gates when only 2 gates are in the network.
- Fixed jumpgate trigger scaling on Miniature Jumpgate that would cause nearby vessels to explode.

I think Blueshift is in a good place at last, so I'll be focused on Buffalo 2 for the near future. Thanks for the feedback. :)

@Angel-125

A Minor Bug to the calculations:

Remember this Testrig?

0plIxLv.png

In VAB it says 0.643C

Crewed with 5-stars-Kerbals (Jeb, Bill and Bob, all 5-stars in their category) it does 1.093C. This is not the 50% (= 5*0.1 + 1) Boost as defaulted in the config, where it says:

// The formula is: skillMultiplier = 1.0 + (warpSpeedSkillMultiplier * skill rank)
    // newMaxWarpSpeed = maxWarpSpeed * skillMultiplier
    // Ex: skillMultiplier = 1.0 + (0.1 * 5) = 1.5
    // If maxWarpSpeed = 2c then newMaxWarpSpeed = 3c

The boost is 70,78 % not the calculated 50%. It's rather neglectable, but there seems to be a minor or bigger warp calculation bug.  Maybe something for your dev stack.

Strangely: If I put Bill (5-Stars) and two other 5-Star-Engineer-Kerbals in it, the value changes from 1.093C to 1.029C. This is kinda odd. :D ... Each kerbal tunes the Graviolium intermix differently I suppose. Jeb on board makes the ship go slightly faster, than having three engineer kerbals discuss the warp field equotations. Strange side effects - Supposed to be like that @Angel-125? It's a minor thing... but I kinda think it's funny. You haven't added Kerbal Stupidity Level values in your calculations for fun, haven't you ?!:cool::D:P 

Without any Kerbals the VAB-predictions exactly meet the inflight-values.

P.S.: Finding the reference to Mass Effects Tempest in the config made me smile. :D

Edited by Rakete

On 6/6/2022 at 10:03 AM, Angel-125 said:

Blueshift 1.8.6 is now available:

Fixes

- Fixed jumpgate selection unable to select gates when only 2 gates are in the network.
- Fixed jumpgate trigger scaling on Miniature Jumpgate that would cause nearby vessels to explode.

I think Blueshift is in a good place at last, so I'll be focused on Buffalo 2 for the near future. Thanks for the feedback. :)

But... who wouldn't want nearby vessels to explode.  Exciting! 

On 6/6/2022 at 1:06 AM, Rakete said:

It's the Mr. Warp, right next Mr Radar and Mr. Coffee. Hope we don't get jammed, while we prepare for ludicrous speed. 

(Anyone get the movie reference?)

Mr. Warp it is!  And I did get the reference.

7 hours ago, obnox twin said:

Oh when I saw hope we don't get jammed I throught it was spaceballs haven't seen it fully but I heard its funny

It definetly is. But humour has its timeframe. So some jokes and style of fun may be kinda outdated today. Give it a try.

We defininetly need a Spaceballs mod some day. Can't wait to build a flying kitchen maid with a vacuum cleaner to steal Laythe's atmosphere... 

4 hours ago, chaos113 said:

dam, i accidently stumbled onto deep lore 

Contact Lost was a fun 3D art project that I did before discovering KSP way back in 2013. The basic premise was that Ancient Astronauts were actually humans that discovered magic and leapt to the stars. They left artifacts behind that were discovered in modern day (the setting took place in the far off year of 2018, heh) that allowed modern society to rediscover magic. Given that implication, various nations spun the discovery as "Black Box Technology." Anyway, the setting allowed me to explore what effects magic would have on spacecraft tech. Some elements of that setting appear in my mods and mission reports.

Just now, Angel-125 said:

Contact Lost was a fun 3D art project that I did before discovering KSP way back in 2013. The basic premise was that Ancient Astronauts were actually humans that discovered magic and leapt to the stars. They left artifacts behind that were discovered in modern day (the setting took place in the far off year of 2018, heh) that allowed modern society to rediscover magic. Given that implication, various nations spun the discovery as "Black Box Technology." Anyway, the setting allowed me to explore what effects magic would have on spacecraft tech. Some elements of that setting appear in my mods and mission reports.

im curently trying to make the shuttle 2 in ksp 

43 minutes ago, chaos113 said:

im curently trying to make the shuttle 2 in ksp 

That was a fun 3D model to make. My skills are much better than what I made back then. Have you tried using @JadeOfMaar’s OPT? It might have the shapes you would need. The Mk33 mod is also kind of like it but without the long nose.

I DO have the 3D mesh still, but it was never designed for KSP and would need a lot of work to put it in game. I’d guess that the aerospikes could be fusion engines that use water for reaction mass, similar to the Epstein Drive from The Expanse.

15 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

That was a fun 3D model to make. My skills are much better than what I made back then. Have you tried using @JadeOfMaar’s OPT? It might have the shapes you would need. The Mk33 mod is also kind of like it but without the long nose.

I DO have the 3D mesh still, but it was never designed for KSP and would need a lot of work to put it in game. I’d guess that the aerospikes could be fusion engines that use water for reaction mass, similar to the Epstein Drive from The Expanse.

im going full custom with procedural wings and carnations redflexable parts but also it would be cool to have an official  version of it in ksp  if you ever did make it. perhaps that could be one of your first projects for ksp 2

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Nice content.  I like the RABBIT. make me remember about a mod from space simulator ORBITER  TTM24 : To The Moon in 24 Hours.

12 minutes ago, Steigleder said:

Hello, I want to make a ship with 1,000,000C or more speed, but I had only reached 135,000C using many S3 parts...

My goal is to visit Proxima Centauri with fewer snacks

Does anyone know the secret recipe?

Thank you! 

One way to do this is turn on the jumpgate space anomalies. Then you'd only have to fly to the remote star system once, find the jumpgate, and from then on, you'll be able to just warp to the in-system gate and jump to the desired gate. Alternately, warp to the system and deploy a mini-jumpgate (if in range of your previous star system) or build the larger jumpgate.

23 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

One way to do this is turn on the jumpgate space anomalies. Then you'd only have to fly to the remote star system once, find the jumpgate, and from then on, you'll be able to just warp to the in-system gate and jump to the desired gate. Alternately, warp to the system and deploy a mini-jumpgate (if in range of your previous star system) or build the larger jumpgate.

Thank you very much, I will experiment with the jumpgates.

1 hour ago, Angel-125 said:

the mini jumpgate it a cool device, you can use it for a star trek transporter if you could put the code into a circular pad 

18 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

18 hours ago, Steigleder said:

Thank you very much, I will experiment with the jumpgates.

Hi @Angel-125, I installed two jumpgates for a test and I have a new problem. The jump needs more graviolum. I'm using a small pod with two large "ball tanks" filled with graviolum.

Am I missing something to do?