[Min KSP 1.12.2] Blueshift: Kerbal FTL

Angelo Kerman

1 hour ago, Rakete said:

And this is how I placed a gate near the KSC but not on a runway or launchpad: May i introduce, the gate-deployer Mark I:  :-D Cute, isn't it?

I'm liking the gate-deployer Mark I.  I will build that!

As for a warp-capable SSTO, that shouldn't be a major thing.  As long as you can get an AP of at least 600KM, you can auto-circularize and done.  The trick will be the return.   I don't do SSTOs - unless you count my warp/gravatic ships. 

4 hours ago, Rakete said:

then do what you want with the expendable skycrane, that his done his job.

do what I did one time and fly the skycrane back to kerbin and then land the skycrane by a lake.

Edited by Rutabaga22

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Here's another solution to gate deployment:

Very cool.  Took me a bit to sort out the parts to use.  Hate having to clip parts like the hinge, but it's for the greater good.  Interesting how in the flatbed mode, it retains all the attachment nodes for the other forms.  I like how the assembly is self-righting when you unfold it.  Took several tries before I remembered that.

Now the KSC staff won't have to walk all the way from the VAB to the Research Center or Astronaut Complex

2 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Here's another solution to gate deployment:

HjMWywN.png

es0yIJZ.png

8V5W7Uo.png

FMg96o5.png

Aahhhh... I should get Buffalo, i guess... cute little truck.

How is the gate base attached to the truck bed? I see no claws or decouplers? Has the truckbed also a decoupling node? I love this tiny truck. Compared to this truck my gate deployer is really ugly. (Was a quick&dirty solution)

Edited by Rakete

1 hour ago, Rakete said:

Aahhhh... I should get Buffalo, i guess... cute little truck.

How is the gate base attached to the truck bed? I see no claws or decouplers? Has the truckbed also a decoupling node? I love this tiny truck. Compared to this truck my gate deployer is really ugly. (Was a quick&dirty solution)

Start with the Buffalo Big rig - included in Buffalo 2 - and remove most of the stuff and make a dump truck.  Put a TS-06 stack separator on the rear door and connect the ring to that.  Then the base to the ring.  Adjust with the move tool.
The Buffalo Cargo Bays have flatbed versions.

3 hours ago, Ooglak Kerman said:

Very cool.  Took me a bit to sort out the parts to use.  Hate having to clip parts like the hinge, but it's for the greater good.  Interesting how in the flatbed mode, it retains all the attachment nodes for the other forms.  I like how the assembly is self-righting when you unfold it.  Took several tries before I remembered that.

Now the KSC staff won't have to walk all the way from the VAB to the Research Center or Astronaut Complex

Yeah, I didn't like clipping the huge hinge either, so I've slated a small chassis hinge part into the Buffalo 2 v1.4 release. Next release will also slightly adjust the nodes for the flatbed variant.

Meanwhile, random warpship:

yEnz4Tp.png

3 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Yeah, I didn't like clipping the huge hinge either, so I've slated a small chassis hinge part into the Buffalo 2 v1.4 release. Next release will also slightly adjust the nodes for the flatbed variant.

That's right cool looking.  Warpie-torch-boi, it appears.
Oofdah.  With the S3 Engine and sustainer, that's gonna be a gravy gobbler for sure.  Though... that's a good strategy for Interstellar.  You can always shut down the sustainer for greater efficiency while interplanetary.  I'm gonna guess that thing mobs along at around 16-20C?  I'm guessing those bays are gonna be full of graviolium and fusion pellets?

So.. a thing I found.  Don't put a minigate out at the Island Airfield.  Results are wierd.  I wonder if this has to do with Parallax 2?

Spoiler

QM6wVWd.png

6 minutes ago, Ooglak Kerman said:

That's right cool looking.  Warpie-torch-boi, it appears.
Oofdah.  With the S3 Engine and sustainer, that's gonna be a gravy gobbler for sure.  Though... that's a good strategy for Interstellar.  You can always shut down the sustainer for greater efficiency while interplanetary.  I'm gonna guess that thing mobs along at around 16-20C?  I'm guessing those bays are gonna be full of graviolium and fusion pellets?

So.. a thing I found.  Don't put a minigate out at the Island Airfield.  Results are wierd.  I wonder if this has to do with Parallax 2?

Hide contents

QM6wVWd.png

If you put the gate inside the buildings at the airfield, don't. The airfield hangars have weird colliders that cause unexpected results.

The ship is very heavy so it makes just over 0.2C. It is filled with resources because it'll be a factory ship capable of building other craft.

I remembered the thing about the hangers after I first did it.  I think the only other place not on the runway is the tower.  Have to test that.  I've got minigates all over the place now.  It seems that the more you use them, the better they work/respond.

Well.. had nearly a kilometer long truck train to test the minigate before the game really gave up on it.  I had hoped to run a full runway worth of truck train through a gate, but not to be.
I had it coiled back and forth on itself in the SPH and that might have been the issue.

Spoiler

m7ieQ0i.png

Be a lot more effort, but maybe run segments out and stage them off the runway and then do the decoupling and recoupling thing.  Over and over and over.

Edited by Ooglak Kerman

14 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

How are you going to launch this beast?  It seems a touch unwieldy on the ground.

13 hours ago, Ooglak Kerman said:

I remembered the thing about the hangers after I first did it.  I think the only other place not on the runway is the tower.  Have to test that.  I've got minigates all over the place now.  It seems that the more you use them, the better they work/respond.

Well.. had nearly a kilometer long truck train to test the minigate before the game really gave up on it.  I had hoped to run a full runway worth of truck train through a gate, but not to be.
I had it coiled back and forth on itself in the SPH and that might have been the issue.

Reveal hidden contents

m7ieQ0i.png

Be a lot more effort, but maybe run segments out and stage them off the runway and then do the decoupling and recoupling thing.  Over and over and over.

How did you get negative costs on the big buffalo rig?

3 minutes ago, Rakete said:

How did you get negative costs on the big buffalo rig?

Wierdly, if you take a graviolium tank and reconfigure it with the Omni button to be something like fusion pellets and then set it to be empty, it gives you funds.  In this case, every trailer has a graviolium tank - I just copy-pasta'd.  I've noticed this behavior for some time but really didn't think about it.

Ah okay, didn't observe it, since I play without fusion pellets cause FFT is present in my install. Strange behavior. 

19 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

The ship is very heavy so it makes just over 0.2C. It is filled with resources because it'll be a factory ship capable of building other craft.

Somehow a video how this works somewhere? I am curious, how this works. Also, how do you get it to orbit? The lifter must be huge.

Edited by Rakete

On 10/3/2022 at 7:16 PM, Ooglak Kerman said:

As for a warp-capable SSTO, that shouldn't be a major thing.  As long as you can get an AP of at least 600KM, you can auto-circularize and done.  The trick will be the return.   I don't do SSTOs - unless you count my warp/gravatic ships.

Mh I found a way around it: I just built a dockable gravi drop tank, that makes any ship able to pass through a jumpgate. Even my SSTOs. So the SSTOs go by gate and not by warp. Maybe i someday get around to wondering about matching warp capability > 1c, over 2500dV in orbit remaining, LF-reserves for atmospheric flights upon reentry and nice streamlined shape... mhhhh.... i don't use the KFS-Parts, so... yeah... it's kinda difficult to me.

1 hour ago, Rakete said:

Ah okay, didn't observe it, since I play without fusion pellets cause FFT is present in my install. Strange behavior. 

Somehow a video how this works somewhere? I am curious, how this works. Also, how do you get it to orbit? The lifter must be huge.

It's built in orbit via extraplanetary launchpads, but you could strap a pair of 7.5m boosters from Near Future Launch Vehicles to its sides, powered by Cryogenic Engines mod:

edhFFYk.png

rHcWmBM.png

Once you break atmosphere, light the fusion torches (be sure to charge up BEFORE launch). It also helps to unload all non-essential resources and reduce the fuel mass to just enough to attain orbit.

5 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

It's built in orbit via extraplanetary launchpads, but you could strap a pair of 7.5m boosters from Near Future Launch Vehicles to its sides, powered by Cryogenic Engines mod:

edhFFYk.png

rHcWmBM.png

Once you break atmosphere, light the fusion torches (be sure to charge up BEFORE launch). It also helps to unload all non-essential resources and reduce the fuel mass to just enough to attain orbit.

Where are the fusion torches from? I don't recognize them being from Near or Far Future tech? I almost have all NF and FF-Mods and all the other Nertea-Mods like CE, KA, etc. installed. 

What nice visual mod is there running ? I have spectra and Eve Redux installed, but yours looks better. (I miss out on scatterer due to FPS)

8 hours ago, Rakete said:

Where are the fusion torches from? I don't recognize them being from Near or Far Future tech? I almost have all NF and FF-Mods and all the other Nertea-Mods like CE, KA, etc. installed. 

What nice visual mod is there running ? I have spectra and Eve Redux installed, but yours looks better. (I miss out on scatterer due to FPS)

The fusion torches are from my DSEV mod. I'm running JNSQ. I'm not sure what all the visual mods are. When he was still streaming KSP, @Rocketology had a setup of KSP on his Discord server, and I used it for my career game- my last three mission reports have used that setup, upgraded to the latest KSP. I want to use Parallax 2.0 as well but I don't think there are configs for JNSQ yet.

Ahhh... I see that. Alright... just was confused. Had a look at DSEV, but already have the need for such parts covered by other already installed mods (Mainly SSPRx, FFT etc.). But nice to have an alternative for another playthrough. 

Edited by Rakete

On 10/11/2022 at 6:20 PM, thujbw said:

I want to get  graviolium in space but the s2 collector said there is nothing to collect,I'am already far from the sun

It does not appear to be uniformly distributed.  I've taken a warp ship and drove all around and only occasionally encountered it.  Jool is my main source of graviolium.

Has anyone run into failure to load errors for GU when Parallax 2 is installed?  O.T. but wondering

Update:  An update of GU to add compatability with Parallax 2 is in the works.  In the meantime, if you are unaware - do not install Parallax 2 into a game with GU installed.

Moar Update:  If you want to run GU with Parallax 2, then for now go into the _Systems directory to each system (such as _AlphaCentauri) > _Configs/GU_Patches and delete the Parallax directory.

Edited by Ooglak Kerman

@Angel-125 I've had the opportunity to test out the timewarp with the warp drive.  Very very nice!  In general, a much better experience than the massive warp speed bump in interstellar space from previous.

It also turns out that my resource utilization chart that I did was quite flawed.  I keep forgetting that a Kerbin day is 6 hours and not 24.