I've verified that Blueshift with Waterfall is working in KSP 1.12:

Q2z1r0H.png

When you install Blueshift, make sure your folders are the following:

GameData
  WildBlueIndustries
    Blueshift
  Waterfall
  ModuleManager.4.2.1.dll

NOTE: You need ModuleManager 4.2.1 or later in order to use Blueshift with Waterfall.

NOTE: You need Waterfall 0.6.7 (included with the download) or later.

13 hours ago, namreK haidebeJ said:

The Jumpgate isn't working for me, I have both in a very high orbit, one around Kerbin, the other Jool, and I cannot choose a destination gate. The button doesn't do anything.

Try adding a third to Duna. With only two you don’t need to select the destination. The gates are smart and link together automatically.

On 12/12/2021 at 11:58 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

This is exactly why we want fusion power, and compact fusion power IRL. :)Your landed base may not be complex enough to make adequate use of it then, but other players will beg to differ. Or perhaps they seem OP because they're not as complex to operate as FFT ones, or that they fit better than FFT into a base built with stockalike parts.

GravityWaves is a transient resource (representing a force exerted and existing for only a moment) and is something that (by function) should always be full for the instant it's needed, and should be empty when it's no longer needed. For the same reason, you can't tank or tax the moment of combustion in a car engine for this purpose. You tax the gasoline... So it only makes sense to tax Graviolium for the auto-circularization.

1x body radius, from sea level

I should've thought to ask sooner since you're using an Impulse Party engine. What's the TWR (assuming LKO) and dV like?

Based off of memory that ship fully fueled had a TWR around .58 or .68 with a dV of tens of thousands. 17,000-20,000 maybe more. That is using a standard 2.5m half length tank with oxidizer removed.

6 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Try adding a third to Duna. With only two you don’t need to select the destination. The gates are smart and link together automatically.

It still won't work. If I fly through the gate, nothing happens, even with graviolium and/or a warp core on the ship. The button also says "LOC_BLUESHIFT_JumpGateSelectGate", I don't know if that's normal? A full ring also contracts in on itself like this: https://imgur.com/a/T5WdO9f

3 hours ago, namreK haidebeJ said:

It still won't work. If I fly through the gate, nothing happens, even with graviolium and/or a warp core on the ship. The button also says "LOC_BLUESHIFT_JumpGateSelectGate", I don't know if that's normal? A full ring also contracts in on itself like this: https://imgur.com/a/T5WdO9f

Are you using KSP 1.12.3? Perhaps some new code in it is upsetting WBI parts and plugins.

18 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Are you using KSP 1.12.3? Perhaps some new code in it is upsetting WBI parts and plugins.

No, I am using 1.12.2 and will continue to stay on it as to not break any mods I have installed. Honestly I didn't think much about 1.12.3.

19 hours ago, orangecat1248 said:

@namreK haidebeJ, that doesn't look normal. LOC____ probably means that something went wrong with localization. I think somehow your jumpgate krakened, so it is not functional. I'd also make sure your install is not broken. 

I just did that, I did a fresh install, normally I do that every so often in modded games. Could the kraken be a Kopernicus bug? It first happened when I viewed the ring in the tracking station and switched to it.

@Miss Atomic2512 You're supposed to have:

• GameData
    • WildBlueIndustries
      • Blueshift
    • ModuleManager.4.2.1.dll

Re-download the mod and try again at installing it. Make sure your KSP is not in a protected folder like Program Files (Steam) or that you have sufficient permissions to place files in that protected folder.

10 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Miss Atomic2512 You're supposed to have:

• GameData
    • WildBlueIndustries
      • Blueshift
    • ModuleManager.4.2.1.dll

Re-download the mod and try again at installing it. Make sure your KSP is not in a protected folder like Program Files (Steam) or that you have sufficient permissions to place files in that protected folder.

Why cant it be in program files? I'll take it out its just I haven't had to take it out before and Ive been using mods for a year now on ksp. Also that is the order i have it in 

2 hours ago, Miss Atomic2512 said:

Why cant it be in program files? I'll take it out its just I haven't had to take it out before and Ive been using mods for a year now on ksp. Also that is the order i have it in 

<your KSP folder>/GameData/WildBlueIndustries/Blueshift
<your KSP folder>/GameData/ModuleManager.4.2.1.dll

As @JadeOfMaar said, putting your KSP folder in Program Files means you have to worry about access permissions. I make copies of that folder and play my games from that copy. It avoids all the issues with admin and write privileges in the Program Files folder.

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong spot for this question.

I have Blueshift, Wild Blue Tools, Kerbal Flying Saucers installed and am in Career Mode and have accepted the contract for "Complete research on the Graviolium Preliminary Study on or while orbiting Kerbin"

How to go about actually completing the experiment is just driving me around the bend.  Any hints please?  I've searched and searched and looked through all the .cfg files but I'm pretty much at a loss.  I've transported the experiment and satisfied all conditions (without knowing that I did or how).

Similar issue with Cryogenic Resources Study at Mun

Thanks in advance.

22 minutes ago, Ooglak Kerman said:

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong spot for this question.

I have Blueshift, Wild Blue Tools, Kerbal Flying Saucers installed and am in Career Mode and have accepted the contract for "Complete research on the Graviolium Preliminary Study on or while orbiting Kerbin"

How to go about actually completing the experiment is just driving me around the bend.  Any hints please?  I've searched and searched and looked through all the .cfg files but I'm pretty much at a loss.  I've transported the experiment and satisfied all conditions (without knowing that I did or how).

Similar issue with Cryogenic Resources Study at Mun

Thanks in advance.

It's been awhile since I made that, but you need to use the stock Experiment Storage Unit to load the experiment (Show Manifest) and deliver the box to the stock science lab. At the stock science lab, you perform the research, then transfer the experiment back to the science box and return it to Kerbin for recovery.

This should help. The science system was originally created for MOLE (back in 2014!), but these screens do apply to the stock science box and stock science lab.

62bdsaa.png

8RYwzJE.png

5pjkVzL.png

26pGoK6.png

kF7siyy.png

S3vBamq.png

uPvr2S0.png

cgG5Pjh.png

@Angel-125 I just did not think to look through the stuff for MOLE.  Thanks for the reply on this.  In retrospect, it seems quite obvious now.

Thanks also for your work on the Wild Blue mods.  I did a complete career mode reboot for the express purpose of integrating these techs into my colonization effort.  Whole new game with the warp stuff - assuming I can get a graviolium industry booted up.  Finding that stuff.... huhhhhh.

Happy seasonal thing of choice to you and yours.

An observation and a question.

The Graviolium Preliminary Study at Kerbin specifies "Complete research on the Graviolium Preliminary Study on or while orbiting Kerbin"
Completion specifies "Land or splash the completed experiment on Kerbin"  Tricky!  I completed the experiment on the launchpad and then recovered.  Completion is "Incomplete"  I guess I'll have to redo the experiment and land/splash it.  Costy!

Regarding these experiments..  Do they progress you along the road to detecting graviolium and working toward alien tech?  The science returns are skimpy for the effort but they are interesting and engaging.  In a nutshell, are the experiments worthwhile?

34 minutes ago, EvilotionCR2 said:

Am I missing something or is it impossible to mine Graviolum from Dres' surface, despite it being detected by the Surface Scanning Module there?

A question for which I bear great interest sir.  I've detected graviolium on Dres, but have not yet had opportunity to send a miner.  Perhaps you could share your experience?

Not much to share, sent two probes - one to map it from orbit, then another one landed in one of the better spots for Graviolum. Started surface mining with the drills directly plopped on the graviolum tank. Got lots of ore, but no graviolum :/

Thankfully, it works on asteroids.

1 minute ago, EvilotionCR2 said:

Not much to share, sent two probes - one to map it from orbit, then another one landed in one of the better spots for Graviolum. Started surface mining with the drills directly plopped on the graviolum tank. Got lots of ore, but no graviolum :/

Thankfully, it works on asteroids.

My understanding is that drills need an engineer to keep heat under control and efficiency at peak.  My scans of Dres indicate vanishingly small concentrations of graviolium - orders of magnitude less than ore, but you do indicate success with asteroids.  @Angel-125 has indicated that graviolium is intended to be exceedingly difficult to obtain.  Nice thing about a planet is that you won't mine out a resource like on an asteroid.

Might it be that the returns are so small as to not be detectable?  I am just reaching at this point.