Jump to content

[Min KSP 1.12.2] Blueshift: Kerbal FTL


Angel-125
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

WBIJumpGate

- Jumpgates will no longer automatically activate when there are only two gates in the network unless the autoActivate flag in WBIJumpGate is set.                 <-- Ooo cool

- Added the ability to switch vesel focus back to the source jumpgate after making the jump. This makes it easier to bring multiple vessels through the gate.  <-- invasion fleet

WBIWarpEngine & Settings

- Added warpEngineerSkill to the global settings.cfg file, and changed the default value for WBIWarpEngine's warpEngineerSkill to an empty value. If WBIWarpEngine's warpEngineerSkill is defined, then it will override the global warpEngineerSkill value.                                                                 <-- Awesome sauce

- Added warpSpeedBoostRank to the global settings.cfg file, and changed the default value for WBIWarpEngine's warpSpeedBoostRank to -1. If WBIWarpEngine's warpSpeedSkiwarpSpeedBoostRank is greater than 0, then it will override the global warpSpeedBoostRank value.  <-- Family sized Awesome sauce

- Added warpSpeedSkillMultiplier to the global settings.cfg file, and changed the default value for WBIWarpEngine's warpSpeedSkillMultiplier to -1. If WBIWarpEngine's warpSpeedSkillMultiplier is greater than 0, then it will override the global warpSpeedSkillMultiplier value.                    <-- Restaurant Sized Awesome sauce

Fixes

- Fixed NREs generated during part loading.
- Fixed texture issues with mk2 warp tech parts.

My comments are inline.  :)

So.. I'm curious and maybe @SkyFall2489 would be kind enough to offer guidance..  For settings like this that are values in the @MODULE but can be set via a settings.cfg - how to go about making my own patch that will be durable across version changes without having to adjust settings.cfg each time?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Ooglak Kerman said:

My comments are inline.  :)

So.. I'm curious and maybe @SkyFall2489 would be kind enough to offer guidance..  For settings like this that are values in the @MODULE but can be set via a settings.cfg - how to go about making my own patch that will be durable across version changes without having to adjust settings.cfg each time?

I forgot to mention that warpSpeedBoostRank  is set to 3 in the global settings file. Now a La Forge or an Argyle can modify them too. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Ooglak Kerman said:

My comments are inline.  :)

So.. I'm curious and maybe @SkyFall2489 would be kind enough to offer guidance..  For settings like this that are values in the @MODULE but can be set via a settings.cfg - how to go about making my own patch that will be durable across version changes without having to adjust settings.cfg each time?

The BLUESHIFT_SETTINGS node is a top level node, just like PART and RESOURCE_DEFINITION. As there is only one, it can be accessed as @BLUESHIFT_SETTINGS {stuff}. Within it, there are various fields for various settings, they can be found by going into wildblueindustries/blueshift/settings.cfg.

By the way, I was thinking about creating some ModuleManager Help Thread. Do you think this would be a good idea or are interested in helping out?

Edited by SkyFall2489
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SkyFall2489 said:

The BLUESHIFT_SETTINGS node is a top level node, just like PART and RESOURCE_DEFINITION. As there is only one, it can be accessed as @BLUESHIFT_SETTINGS {stuff}. Within it, there are various fields for various settings, they can be found by going into wildblueindustries/blueshift/settings.cfg.

By the way, I was thinking about creating some ModuleManager Help Thread. Do you think this would be a good idea or are interested in helping out?

A MM Help Thread would be awesome.  I would welcome this opportunity to learn more about this.

I'll be giving a try with the @BLUESHIFT_SETTINGS node.  I'm getting a grasp on it, I think.

@Angel-125..  hrrmmm...

:rep::rep::rep: : Hits it with a bigger hammer:  Chemical rockets are polite and dV improvements are realized.  Stays away from the Warp and Gravatic systems - which laugh disconcertingly.

:rep::rep::rep::rep: : Hits it harder with a bigger hammer:  Will get you to Sarnus with a chemical rocket - in 5 years.   Warp and Gravatic systems notice but laugh and open access hatches invitingly - and eats them.

goldurndangit!

Edited by Ooglak Kerman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The mini-gate says it can be used in space and on land, but going from one to the other is... troublesome.  Sending a kerbal through a surface gate to a space gate doesn't update their status properly, leaving them "landed" even though they're in space.  Doing the reverse causes the kerbal to clip through the launchpad, and probably worse if it's directly on the ground.  

Also, if I were to add ground functionality to the big gate, is "rendezvousDistance = 10" the only thing I need to add or am I missing something?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

Are there any config changes needed for SpaceDust at this point? I am aiming for a release this weekend. As this will be the final release for some time, here are some pre-release notes:

I really am not sure. For me the bussard collectors don't collect spacedust belt ressources. They show a delta value in the KSP stock ressourcewindow of exactly 0 (not 0.00, what you get to see, when there is a very little value.)  Can some other FFT user please counter check this, please? 

I put a bussard collector fitted ship in a gravi belt, turn the shiny collectors on (@ Angel: I love the design !!!!!), supplied them with enough energy from a big boy of reactor but there was no change in graviolium flow. Maybe we should consult the Son'a, as they are the experts in harvesting stuff from belts. (Sorry, StarTrek reference - but I couldn't resist). Jokes aside, the FFT/Spacedust interface of the bussards seem to not work for me, but I do not know how to fix this. (What did work is the Spacedust-collection via the FFT Exo-Harvester, the basket shaped thing)

 

Maybe @Grimmas or @Vexxelmight help with their expertease?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nothing from me, I've been trying to progress my RP-1 campaign so not currently using Blueshift. In fact, I primarily want to use Blueshift with GU but my GU ships keep exploding when I land or go EVA lol, maybe once I figure that out... :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

WBIWarpEngine & Settings

- Added warpEngineerSkill to the global settings.cfg file, and changed the default value for WBIWarpEngine's warpEngineerSkill to an empty value. If WBIWarpEngine's warpEngineerSkill is defined, then it will override the global warpEngineerSkill value.

- Added warpSpeedBoostRank to the global settings.cfg file, and changed the default value for WBIWarpEngine's warpSpeedBoostRank to -1. If WBIWarpEngine's warpSpeedSkiwarpSpeedBoostRank is greater than 0, then it will override the global warpSpeedBoostRank value.

- Added warpSpeedSkillMultiplier to the global settings.cfg file, and changed the default value for WBIWarpEngine's warpSpeedSkillMultiplier to -1. If WBIWarpEngine's warpSpeedSkillMultiplier is greater than 0, then it will override the global warpSpeedSkillMultiplier value.

Oooh. Sounds awesome. What do those three parameters do? Somehow I am curious, what each of them changes in the warp math.

Edited by Rakete
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ptcon said:

The mini-gate says it can be used in space and on land, but going from one to the other is... troublesome.  Sending a kerbal through a surface gate to a space gate doesn't update their status properly, leaving them "landed" even though they're in space.  Doing the reverse causes the kerbal to clip through the launchpad, and probably worse if it's directly on the ground.  

Also, if I were to add ground functionality to the big gate, is "rendezvousDistance = 10" the only thing I need to add or am I missing something?

I'd suggest if going from ground to space or space to ground, you so so in a vehicle to avoid that issue. It's a game issue, nothing I can do about it. That's one of the reasons why gates in space have that "(in space)" indicator.

I've tested ground to ground with kerbals without issues.

6 hours ago, Rakete said:

I really am not sure. For me the bussard collectors don't collect spacedust belt ressources. They show a delta value in the KSP stock ressourcewindow of exactly 0 (not 0.00, what you get to see, when there is a very little value.)  Can some other FFT user please counter check this, please? 

I put a bussard collector fitted ship in a gravi belt, turn the shiny collectors on (@ Angel: I love the design !!!!!), supplied them with enough energy from a big boy of reactor but there was no change in graviolium flow. Maybe we should consult the Son'a, as they are the experts in harvesting stuff from belts. (Sorry, StarTrek reference - but I couldn't resist). Jokes aside, the FFT/Spacedust interface of the bussards seem to not work for me, but I do not know how to fix this. (What did work is the Spacedust-collection via the FFT Exo-Harvester, the basket shaped thing)

 

Maybe @Grimmas or @Vexxelmight help with their expertease?

From what I know, you have to be pointing prograde to get any resources in SpaceDust. Have you tried that?

4 hours ago, Rakete said:

Oooh. Sounds awesome. What do those three parameters do? Somehow I am curious, what each of them changes in the warp math.

Those parameters are used to let engineers coax more speed out of the warp engines. Check out the settings.cfg file when the new release drops.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

Check out the settings.cfg file when the new release drops

Will do. I guess there will be some comentary to understand, what each value does. :P But i don't expect me tuning those, as I agreed, that your proposed 5% are a reasonable value.

19 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:

From what I know, you have to be pointing prograde to get any resources in SpaceDust. Have you tried that?

 

Yes, I did exactly this. As seen in the screenshotm(some posts ago) other ressources are harvested (which are present in the same place) but not graviolium

Edited by Rakete
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Blueshift 1.8.5 is now available:

Changes

New Parts

- Mk2 Bussard Collector: This collector collects particles while at warp similar to the S1 and S2 Bussard Collectors.

- Mk2 Plasma Vent: This part vents plasma and eliminates Static Charge when Kerbal Flying Saucers is installed. Without it, it just looks cool.

WBIJumpGate

- Jumpgates will no longer automatically activate when there are only two gates in the network unless the autoActivate flag in WBIJumpGate is set.

- Added the ability to switch vesel focus back to the source jumpgate after making the jump. This makes it easier to bring multiple vessels through the gate.

WBIWarpEngine & Settings

- Added warpEngineerSkill to the global settings.cfg file, and changed the default value for WBIWarpEngine's warpEngineerSkill to an empty value. If WBIWarpEngine's warpEngineerSkill is defined, then it will override the global warpEngineerSkill value.

- Added warpSpeedBoostRank to the global settings.cfg file, and changed the default value for WBIWarpEngine's warpSpeedBoostRank to -1. If WBIWarpEngine's warpSpeedSkiwarpSpeedBoostRank is greater than 0, then it will override the global warpSpeedBoostRank value.

- Added warpSpeedSkillMultiplier to the global settings.cfg file, and changed the default value for WBIWarpEngine's warpSpeedSkillMultiplier to -1. If WBIWarpEngine's warpSpeedSkillMultiplier is greater than 0, then it will override the global warpSpeedSkillMultiplier value.

Fixes

- Fixed NREs generated during part loading.
- Fixed texture issues with mk2 warp tech parts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ooglak Kerman said:

This is also affecting KFS for me.  Odd.  Here is what I see for warp engines in the VAB
 

  Hide contents

Z2BzWSn.png

and this in the field

  Hide contents

XmJgDO2.png

 

Be sure to tap the "#" button in the upper right corner of the part action window. That'll take you back to the sliders. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Angel-125 said:

Be sure to tap the "#" button in the upper right corner of the part action window. That'll take you back to the sliders. :)

:facepalm:   huhhh..  please excuse me as I slink away in embarrassment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ooglak Kerman said:

:facepalm:   huhhh..  please excuse me as I slink away in embarrassment.

Hey I freaked out the first time they added that feature. I think it was with Breaking Ground DLC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I found another small issue.  The option to connect a gate won't show up until you have three gates set up, as opposed to two.  It seems like an unintentional holdover from when the first two gates autoconnected.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...