[PLUGIN 0.17] AdamKSP - Show Phase and Ejection Angle, DRAW trajectory on map - v0.6

adammada

Yup, my suggestions were because I don't want to use MechJeb. I almost consider it a form of "cheating." :P

Anyway, am I being stupid? I copied all the files from the zip into my ksp_win folder, and when I put the chip on my ship and launch it, all I get is a little grey rectangle in the center of my screen. I assume that would be the interface I'm looking for, but it's nothing but a tiny rectangle. Any ideas...?

Maybe you put more than one chip on ship? (with symmetry turning on by itself its not that hard0

Great plugin, helped me out a lot. I'm having a problem with the window being unmoveable though. The windows defaults to the middle of the screen when the game loads, but it was easy to move to the corner. Now though the window can't me moved, clicking and dragging, nothing works to move this window, even when pressing ESC the AdamKSP window blocks the resume/settings/end game buttons. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm not sure about making next iterations, cause mechjeb probably will add it in stable version soon.

I would be thrilled with a "telemetry" add-on that simply provided all the data MechJeb offers without any of the autopilot stuff. By "data" I also mean things like displaying Normal and Antinormal headings, so I can fly the thing myself without having to just hit the auto-point button (or do math).

I would be thrilled with a "telemetry" add-on that simply provided all the data MechJeb offers without any of the autopilot stuff. By "data" I also mean things like displaying Normal and Antinormal headings, so I can fly the thing myself without having to just hit the auto-point button (or do math).

Remarkable how many people feel the same.

I have Mechjeb, but I do not like it, I just want the orbital info and the unmanned pods (for probes, mapping sats, relay sats etc.).

All that auto-pilot stuff takes away the game.

That to-be-created telemetry plugin of yours (*hint-hint*) should also have a way of marking a set of coordinates on a moon/planet, and displaying how off your current orbit is. ATM I am forced to enable the mechjeb landing-pilot for a few secs to get an idea of the general direction of my planned landing site.

Normal and antinormal could/should be displayed on the navball.

Great plugin, helped me out a lot. I'm having a problem with the window being unmoveable though. The windows defaults to the middle of the screen when the game loads, but it was easy to move to the corner. Now though the window can't me moved, clicking and dragging, nothing works to move this window, even when pressing ESC the AdamKSP window blocks the resume/settings/end game buttons. Anyone have any ideas?

I was having trouble with that until I noticed that you can to click the very top of the window to drag it. It's confusing since we're all used to mechjeb windows that can be dragged from anywhere. Hope this helps!

Been using this to plan trajectories to Duna, and I've noticed a discrepancy between the phase angle measured with the plugin and my protractor. Protractor measures the angle to be about 44 degrees when the plugin measures it to be 49 degrees - And I'm fairly confident that the protractor is correct.

The ejection angle display however has proven invaluable to me.

@mossman, that could happen. mine measurment method assumes that orbits are circular, and Dune orbit is some elliptical. But phase angle calculator also assumes that orbits are circular, so you are screwed anyway, maybe even more when using protractor :)

When we finally get the full game, something like this should figure into the economy of the game. I.e. a flight computer that can calculate these values should be available, but not at first, or perhaps you can always use it, but it gets less expensive to do so over time. Think of old-time computing, where getting seat time on the old mainframe systems cost lots of money.

Another update - i've added information about closest approach to other bodies. It works similar to showing periapsis (but its not, cause it gives shortest approach when going on current orbit, and periapsis is given after SOI change). But you can use it to check if you are buring in right direction BEFORE you have information about SOI change.

I see that this is not working as exptected. Damn, Squad should document functions some more

Edited by adammada

Anyway, am I being stupid? I copied all the files from the zip into my ksp_win folder, and when I put the chip on my ship and launch it, all I get is a little grey rectangle in the center of my screen. I assume that would be the interface I'm looking for, but it's nothing but a tiny rectangle. Any ideas...?

When i first started using this mod it worked fine, however now i get this problem as well. and its not a symmetry problem. I made a tiny ship just to test it and it still happens.

Edit: Uhhhh.... now i notice an even weirder bug - when i put NO chip on the rocket, the mod works fine!

Edited by spikeyhat09

Lol, that is weird.

yea know right?

Now, if i have the chip onboard, and i launch, It doesnt appear until I reach about 2500 meters altitude, at which it appears. the inverse is true for when i launch one without the chip. Ill make a video of it at some point, it sounds rather unbelievable XD

This combined with Flight Engineer plugin opened up a whole new world for me today.... I am saving so much fuel, therefore giving me more to perform maneuvers, perform flybys on my way to the outer planets.... Awesome little tool mate, I can't say it enough!

Is there any plan to calculate in the planet's eccentricity?

The eccentricity of the planets, especially Duna's, is not much but it is enough to make this data given by the calculator completely unreliable, in terms of getting a direct transfer with the lowest delta v possible, which is what I'm after. I've been getting a few hits and a lot of misses. It's a bit frustrating. Everywhere I've looked, every mod, even the interplanetary transfers guide thread and the online calculator that was created, no one has even bothered to calculate it, like it's too much of a headache or something. It's just one extra variable. I'm a bit rusty with my math but I'm about to go about it myself if no one else is.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.