Cyberpunk 2077 is here, what are you gonna do?

Serenity

Cyberpunk 2077  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Buy/Undecided/Preordered/Not my thing

• Buy
    • Undecided
    • Preordered
    • Not my thing

I want so badly to hit that buy button but i am so scared it's gonna be a ''mediocre'' mix of Witcher 3 and a futuristic GTA.

Will you buy it?

Do you think its gonna be a masterpiece?

Are you worried its gonna fail and be just another ''good'' game?

Edited by Boyster

1 hour ago, DDE said:

The universal public adoration alarms the contrarian in me.

There is also a reason for the adoration.

The most obvious is marketing...and simply put, THEY know and expect S and V to sell.

You know what I mean.

Edited by Spacescifi

19 hours ago, DDE said:

Either way, I think I'm buying the only two Halo games worth a damn and Echo today now that the sale is up.

These two games being ODST and Reach.

*ducks into cover*

I tried Halo games with the xbox game pass, please don't hate me...i just....i can't get into it, i mean the feeling of how you move and shoot, not the story that i am sure its amazing.

Same goes with Gears of War, i just don't like it.

14 minutes ago, Boyster said:

I tried Halo games with the xbox game pass, please don't hate me...i just....i can't get into it, i mean the feeling of how you move and shoot, not the story that i am sure its amazing.

Same goes with Gears of War, i just don't like it.

Yeah, and I have no idea how that translated onto PC, so here goes nothing.

GoW is... interesging. It's kinda clunky now that I look back at it, but it was oretty much my first XboX 360 game and my first console shooter.

3 minutes ago, DDE said:

Yeah, and I have no idea how that translated onto PC, so here goes nothing.

GoW is... interesging. It's kinda clunky now that I look back at it, but it was oretty much my first XboX 360 game and my first console shooter.

Have you played Titanfall 2? Its pretty solid, the campaign could be a bit longer but its a fun ride.

49 minutes ago, Boyster said:

Have you played Titanfall 2? Its pretty solid, the campaign could be a bit longer but its a fun ride.

Frankly I don't want to get into an unfamiliar franchise just for the gameplay. I might take a look at Cyberpunk just because CDPR's sterling track record, but iverall my appetite for gaming is shrinking.

Especially niw that I've soent a month working, what, 12/6?

35 minutes ago, YNM said:

Honestly I don't even know what type of game is it supposed to be, so I can't comment at all.

Uhhhh you mean you haven't seen any of the videos and ads that they cost maybe even more than the development of the game?

Or you mean, you are cautious and want to see the actual game because it might be overhyped?

28 minutes ago, Boyster said:

Uhhhh you mean you haven't seen any of the videos and ads that they cost maybe even more than the development of the game?

Or you mean, you are cautious and want to see the actual game because it might be overhyped?

I mean, what gameplay + plot can I expect, is it erring on GTA franchise or Detroit: Become Human ? Or maybe like Infamous Second Son ? Graphics and some lines barely makes for what could I expect.

I mean to be honest regardless of what happens I'd at most just watch someone else plays it anyway.

Edited by YNM

2 hours ago, YNM said:

I mean, what gameplay + plot can I expect, is it erring on GTA franchise or Detroit: Become Human ? Or maybe like Infamous Second Son ? Graphics and some lines barely makes for what could I expect.

I mean to be honest regardless of what happens I'd at most just watch someone else plays it anyway.

Here is 1 hour gameplay, mostly spoiler free, from a demo they gave to content creators

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTqGdQ_7MPA&t=2405s

1 hour ago, Superfluous J said:

If it's on Game Pass I'll play it because it'll essentially be free.

It won't be for years to come, i think

1 hour ago, Superfluous J said:

If it is obviously awesome and in my wheelhouse, maybe I'll buy it next Summer when it's $15 on sale.

That price, probably 2022 Summer

Edited by Boyster

Just now, Boyster said:

1 hour gameplay, mostly spoiler free, from a demo

Still doesn't quite answer the question of what plot does it have, but ok. I presume it has a bit of what I've mentioned, CTEs seems abundant etc.

My sole warning is that it might be too complicated to achieve small things. idk but these days if you have a plot in your game then make sure that plot works as well. Detroit I think had a pretty good story (and not just story but story branches at that). There are also games that don't need much of a story and it works, but then you'd have to focus more on the exploration etc.

As I said, unlikely to buy, probably just watch someone who streams it, assuming anyone whose stream I'm watching end up streaming it.

Largely sticking to simulations here, maybe I'd try FPS sometime...

Edited by YNM

7 minutes ago, YNM said:

My sole warning is that it might be too complicated to achieve small things.

You are very close to the main concern for this game/company.

Did you know a fun fact, the majority of people that played Witcher 3 did not finish the Main story line.

(that's confirmed by CD PROJEKT RED statistics).

The company said they maybe made it too long but the truth is, putting a lot of stuff in a game doesn't necessarily make it a good one.

Edited by Boyster

14 minutes ago, YNM said:

Detroit I think had a pretty good story

Only the B plot.

0ba417b659274eb96cb6f39660ce4fdd.jpg

The A plot is so on the nose I actually am waiting for the game to get a 65% discount just to observe in person how meladramatic it is in execution... although the alternative expnataion, wherein the whole deviant issue is the machinations of Kamski and Cyberlife, is deliciously subversive.

@DDE Well that's the idea with that game. Sure you might not like all of it, but there'll be something to catch your attention enough. Overall that means they've done a really good choose-your-own-adventure game.

EDIT : From livestreams that I have seen seems like most people actually liked that side of the story more as well. The other might be with the child, then the "main" story is more of just wanting to see some kind of large-scale conflict.

Edited by YNM

13 hours ago, YNM said:

@DDE Well that's the idea with that game. Sure you might not like all of it, but there'll be something to catch your attention enough. Overall that means they've done a really good choose-your-own-adventure game

Yeah, the other reason I want to play it is just to see how much I can stray from the clean and righteous narrative.

Spoiler

Such as letting Connor remain the cool Robocop his makers did not intend him to be.

13 minutes ago, DDE said:

the other reason I want to play it is just to see how much I can stray from the clean and righteous narrative.

Oh you'd love this livestream then XD

Spoiler

Part confusion, part ignorance... But yeah that liveatream ended up with everything burning down (3rd in the series) that she end up re-playing it, at least to get Connor and Hank to be friends.

Anyway, back on topic, I could see Cyberpunk having elements similar to how people play Detroit, but I suppose it really depends on the story they'll be selling. No amount of spoiler-free gameplay (which means largely focusing on mechanics) could tell you the plot.

Edited by YNM

The problem with games like Witcher 3 and i fear Cyberpunk is they give you the illusion that your choices matter.

But in the end it turns out there are like only 2-3 important choices and the rest have little to no impact, just cosmetic.

Edited by Boyster

56 minutes ago, Boyster said:

The problem with games like Witcher 3 and i fear Cyberpunk is they give you the illusion that your choices matter.

Still, it may be better than the forced branching scenarios in Mass Effect or Detroit. The former was notorious for making the forks painfully obvious.

By comparison, the requirements for saving Ciri felt to me a stroke of genuis if they're not spoiled.

6 minutes ago, DDE said:

By comparison, the requirements for saving 

Yikes please put spoilers in a hidden tab, i am still at Skellige :D.

Oh well its a really old game, most people should have finished it by now or just don't care.

Dunno i kinda like the branching rather than trying to hide and saying you offer choice impact.

Edited by Boyster

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.