Cyberpunk 2077 is here, what are you gonna do?

Serenity

Cyberpunk 2077  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Buy/Undecided/Preordered/Not my thing

• Buy
    • Undecided
    • Preordered
    • Not my thing

16 minutes ago, Boyster said:

Dunno i kinda like the branching rather than trying to hide and saying you offer choice impact.

Arguably peak stirytelling is where the choices matter but you don't realize that at the moment. From what I hear, this was the property of the original Fallout... and its certain spiritual successors.

Q8T2fsF1_b3.jpg

Edited by DDE

On 11/24/2020 at 7:51 AM, Boyster said:

I want so badly to hit that buy button but i am so scared it's gonna be a ''mediocre'' mix of Witcher 3 and a futuristic GTA.

Will you buy it?

Do you think its gonna be a masterpiece?

Are you worried its gonna fail and be just another ''good'' game?

I don't see how Witcher 3 and GTA gets mixed here :-) Cyberpunk in general and Cyberpunk 2077 particular (it has a tabletop game background, originating with something called Cyberpunk 2020) have no touching point with the two games you mentioned thematically . Gameplay wise it is also a quite different game from from the two based on what has been shown so far but I can see where you see some similarities with Witcher 3 (GTA has extremely simplistic combat model).

I have bought it since I felt this game is something I could take a risk on. Same as I did on KSP and Rimworld back in time.

Do I believe it is going to be masterpiece? Hell no.... I kind of ignored the hype until recently but have last two months "updated myself" on the what marketing has been out there and I feel that the game cant live up to expectations it is putting out there. You cant target both RPG and GTA crowd (to take them as an example) via marketing and expect that you will please both groups.

On 11/29/2020 at 8:42 PM, Boyster said:

Did you know a fun fact, the majority of people that played Witcher 3 did not finish the Main story line.

(that's confirmed by CD PROJEKT RED statistics).

The company said they maybe made it too long but the truth is, putting a lot of stuff in a game doesn't necessarily make it a good one.

Most people don't complete their games:

https://www.reddit.com/r/truegaming/comments/8th8ed/data_game_completion_we_dont_finish_games/

That being said, even if the real life obligations did not intrude on your gaming time - there is an attention span limit/saturation point for every game out there. 35 hours is a golden average (totally unscientific datapoint, just how I feel).

Witcher 3 had too much to do. I completed campaign and most of the secondary missions. By the time it was time to start on DLCs (which I got in a package deal) I had to take a break. Not because it was a bad game but because I got fed up by the setting (even a chocolate tastes bitter if you eat too much of it).

This comes from a guy that completed 600 hours on KSP...

Edited by IncompetentSpacer

On 11/29/2020 at 7:39 AM, Boyster said:

I tried Halo games with the xbox game pass, please don't hate me...i just....i can't get into it, i mean the feeling of how you move and shoot, not the story that i am sure its amazing.

Same goes with Gears of War, i just don't like it.

You get used to it, to me it feels like a more mobile golden age COD (MW2). I've enjoyed most Halo games, all of them up to 5. I didn't like ODST too much, it was something to do with the complete darkness and the constant need for ammo. I loved Halo 1 after I got the infinite ammo thing in the HMCC. I loved 4 for the Requiem mission with the giant mobile cannon.

On to Cyberpunk 2077, first off, I'm not gonna buy it out of the gate, I want to see what it really is like in TheRadBrad's playthroughs and then maybe buy it, depending on how much I like it. 

19 hours ago, IncompetentSpacer said:

Rimworld back in time.

Rimworld is one of the games i am also hesitant to buy.

I want to control my colony and it feels that Rimworld strives to be the opposite, to do everything to put you out of control no matter how good your planning is.

Without mods i fear its not my thing.I am not talking about full control but i want to organize stuff and things, like Factorio.

Edited by Boyster

2 hours ago, Boyster said:

Rimworld is one of the games i am also hesitant to buy.

I want to control my colony and it feels that Rimworld strives to be the opposite, to do everything to put you out of control no matter how good your planning is.

Without mods i fear its not my thing.I am not talking about full control but i want to organize stuff and things, like Factorio.

Rimworld is not your type of game, trust me. Perhaps Prison Architect, Workers and Resources Soviet Republic, Tropico (all different games from Factorio but of type "organize stuff and things") is more your type. There are many to choose from.

Rimworld is rigged against you as you say, unless you play at the easiest options and disable increase in difficulty. And it is not a base building game primary, that is of secondary nature - it is primarily a disaster managing game.

To me it is one of the most fascinating games of this decade (not the best I played but on the top) - then again I unlocked the perfect colonist combo - max 8 people, heavily augmented cannibalistic sociopaths. Same gang on their fourth replay, increasingly augmented in each throughplay but suffer now from age related diseases. Fortunately organ harvesting from pirate POWs keeps the the gang alive and fresh meat from dead enemy bodies allows them to survive the current nuclear winter.

But I agree - it is not everyone's cup of tea.

7 hours ago, Boyster said:

Do you think with few mods and some different settings i can make it a bit more my style or its too risky/not worth it to alter the game so much?

Well, I haven't really looked for this kind of experience so I cant honestly say that there are or that there are not the mods like that. Probably there are. I know that depending on storyteller setting (setting of Rimworld which decides on how often and how big disasters will come your way) you can make for more calmer setting. I have used stock settings but you can really customize your experience.

But if I am to compare Rimworld to other games on strictly base-building or management aspect of the game, it is an OK game but there are many games out there that do this much better with more options and intricacies.

On 11/30/2020 at 7:47 PM, DDE said:

forced branching scenarios

Depends a lot on the story being developed. There's very little way to know without any spoilers.

I'd be interested to know if a plot as varied as Detroit could be done without any spoilers that they do, though - imagine just soldiering forward having absolutely no idea what else could've happened, which the game progression menu plainly tells you.

On 12/1/2020 at 12:05 PM, IncompetentSpacer said:

That being said, even if the real life obligations did not intrude on your gaming time - there is an attention span limit/saturation point for every game out there. 35 hours is a golden average (totally unscientific datapoint, just how I feel).

Witcher 3 had too much to do. I completed campaign and most of the secondary missions. By the time it was time to start on DLCs (which I got in a package deal) I had to take a break. Not because it was a bad game but because I got fed up by the setting (even a chocolate tastes bitter if you eat too much of it).

This comes from a guy that completed 600 hours on KSP...

I really enjoyed the Witcher 3,  but I cannot see myself every playing something that big again. There are just too many other things to do in life, including a lot of books I want to read and a lot of hikes I want to do (as in the real outdoors).

The games that gave me the most joy outside of KSP: Portal, Subnautica and Homeworld.  Subnautica took me one third the time of Witcher (and that was after losing my first save of 20 hours).  It just worked on every level for me.   I played all Kerak twice, Homeworld 1 and 2 and still that is almost half the time spent on The Witcher 3, and I still have not completed Blood and Wine.

Edith Finch squeezed a heck of a lot into a few hours.  There is often virtue in brevity.

Been watching tiny bits from streams to avoid getting too many spoilers and it looks like an OK game, a good game, i mean, i didnt know what else to expect.

The world is beautiful, the AI seems absent, the mechanics are ok, the combat is ok, i ll probably get it in few years when its more optimized.

The performance even in beast pcs is pretty bad.

About the Ciberpank-2077...

"Gorborev", "Novikovo"...

I hope, when the babies  of the shamous developers of this ugly heap of shader junk get grown, they will replace their dads' surnames with randomly generated words, too.

I can understand the Holy Wood playwriters of 1950s who had no idea about Russian names, or when the names are from absolutely different and unclear linguistic culture, but is it so hard in 2020  to open any Russian website and choose anything real.

Ash to ash, trash to trash.

27 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

I can understand the Holy Wood playwriters of 1950s who had no idea about Russian names, or when the names are from absolutely different and unclear linguistic culture, but is it so hard in 2020  to open any Russian website and choose anything real.

Don't forget that at least a significant share of them are Polish. They don't have much of an excuse.

17 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

About the Ciberpank-2077...

"Gorborev", "...

I hope, when the babies  of the shamous developers of this ugly heap of shader junk get grown, they will replace their dads' surnames with randomly generated words, too.

Ash to ash, trash to trash.

This game has truckload of problems but the one you describe is NOT major one.

Cyberpunk 2077 is based on Cyberpunk 2013/2020 tabletop game from 80s and the lore created for it by Mike Pondsmith. So if you are going to complain about  these particular names - they are from that lore and setting and you are laying the blame at wrong people's shoulders here.

Also want to say that Russians are getting away lightly compared to others when it comes to butchering of their names.

Edited by IncompetentSpacer

I was thinking about getting it because of all the hype behind it but there are just too many game breaking bugs in my opinion right now. Considering that this game came out from such a big studio there are no excuses for the number of bugs in the game. The game needed to be delayed and I will not be buying it until it’s fixed.

7 hours ago, IncompetentSpacer said:

Cyberpunk 2077 is based on Cyberpunk 2013/2020 tabletop game from 80s and the lore created for it by Mike Pondsmith. So if you are going to complain about  these particular names - they are from that lore and setting and you are laying the blame at wrong people's shoulders here.

They are going to sell it now, not in 1980s, so it's not an excuse. They could adjust the details, and now it looks just sloppy, like an amateur translation on a pirate CD.

Edited by kerbiloid

6 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

They are going to sell it now, not in 1980s, so it's not an excuse. They could adjust the details, and now it looks just sloppy, like an amateur translation on a pirate CD.

Than refund the game if that is important enough for you. If many enough russians do that maybe someone would care.

On 12/11/2020 at 3:32 PM, Boyster said:

Last update from me on this matter.

I decided to wait and instead i bought Red Dead Redemption 2(It has an ok Discount on Steam right now).

Good decision right now. Generally the Cyberpunk is a game that tries to do too many things at same time so I am not inclined to believe that the overall quality of the game will be increased by patches.

After having played this game for over 50 hours since release (spent good chunk of my vacation on this unfortunately) I can say that people should not buy this right now, especially on other platforms than PC.

The game is good game with nice setting and I keep coming back to it but it is not really that well executed technically which is more and more apparent the more you play the game. This takes all the bad concepts of MVP approach to product placement to new heights and CDPR (the dev company) has taken a hit on their stock value over 20 % because of this.

I rather advice people to buy Deus Ex (if they have not played it before) games which are on sale now if they for some reason MUST play a cyberpunk type of game and buy Cyberpunk2077  once it hits discount bin. Right now, despite me believing that it will potentially be a decent game sometimes in the future, it is not worth the asking price.

On 12/14/2020 at 4:22 AM, IncompetentSpacer said:

Cyberpunk 2013/2020 tabletop game from 80s

I see... so I suppose that's how the game genre is supposed to be as well.

Sad about the glitches though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.