I downloaded a bunch of mods through the curseforge app and only some of them show up

Raptor_1596

2 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

You shouldn't have a GameData folder inside your GameData folder. What mods do you have installed in that second one?   

It just says "TriggerTech". Think it might be Kerbal Alarm Clock or something, idk. Everything is just the way that CurseForge auto installed it.

Yes that is Kerbal Alarm Clock.

You have the mod Kerbalized SpaceX which is the part mod correct?  On Curseforge it doesn't list any dependencies, however on CKAN it lists Near Future Solar v1.2.3 as a requirement to run and I didn't see that mod in your directory list.

8 hours ago, Caerfinon said:

You have the mod Kerbalized SpaceX which is the part mod correct?  On Curseforge it doesn't list any dependencies, however on CKAN it lists Near Future Solar v1.2.3 as a requirement to run and I didn't see that mod in your directory list.

Yes, I also have BDArmory, Planetary Base Systems, and Stockalike Station Expansion. Also when I got Near Future Solar, it put it into that gamedata folder as well. Should I pull everything out of there and delete that second gamedata folder?

1 hour ago, Raptor_1596 said:

Well I did that and launched and it doesn't seem to be any better. What about the Extras folder? Is that one okay?

A couple of the NF mods have 'Extra' folders with them.  The content of the Extra folders should go into the base GameData folder.  Double-check those too because there might be options you aren't expecting if you just dump them all in.  For example, 1 of the NF Extra folders contains patches to remove LH2/Ox as an engine resource combo and makes it LF/Ox instead with lowered efficiency.  Try with no extras before adding extras maybe?

46 minutes ago, Idleness said:

A couple of the NF mods have 'Extra' folders with them.  The content of the Extra folders should go into the base GameData folder.  Double-check those too because there might be options you aren't expecting if you just dump them all in.  For example, 1 of the NF Extra folders contains patches to remove LH2/Ox as an engine resource combo and makes it LF/Ox instead with lowered efficiency.  Try with no extras before adding extras maybe?

In the Extras folder it just says "StationPartsExpantionMetal"

1 hour ago, Raptor_1596 said:

Should I uninstall everything then and reinstall one-by-one?

It's a good trouble shooting technique.  Reinstall the mods you know are working first. Then reinstall the problem mods one at a time (with their dependencies) and then its easier to focus on the errors you get from a known working baseline.

Well I just messed up. KER installed fine but when I installed Docking Port Alignment indicator it made an extra GameData folder, so I pulled the contents out and deleted it, but then CurseForge was saying that KER was messed up now so I reinstalled to fix it and Docking Port Alignment Indicator disappeared off the menu even though it's folder was still in the KSP GameData folder. I launched to see if everything was fine but apparently since I didn't reinstall MechJeb yet, KSP didn't like that and just wiped my entire space station. Anyway, I'm tempted to leave that GameData folder it creates cause it seems like that's the only way it doesn't have problems, but I'm not sure. Maybe they just aren't compatible or something?

2 minutes ago, Raptor_1596 said:

I launched to see if everything was fine but apparently since I didn't reinstall MechJeb yet, KSP didn't like that and just wiped my entire space station.

I forgot to mention, but with everything they way it is, both KER and Docking seem to be working fine. Here is my current GameData folder:

https://imgur.com/a/yEvV3XG

Well so far everything seems to be working. On the bright side, now when I remake my space station I'll have all these new parts. Another question, at first I wasn't deciding to install something that adds life support and I figured I could always do it later, but now with the MechJeb thing deleting my space station I'm wondering if I should just do that now to avoid any possible problems with this save. Thoughts?

You can tell CKAN how many back version you trust to allow it to install older mods. Click the settings menu option.

I normally allow for two previous versions.

wGQa7nF.png

If a mod you want to try is really back leveled you can go to the version history of the mode and manually select it to install. You'll get a warning pop up, but it will let you proceed. (use with caution)

qVYalIu.png

Huzzah! Glad you got it sorted.

One additional thing... It's a good idea to create a sandbox game that is just for testing new mods. That way you don't kill things in you main game.

Also it's a good idea to periodically create a named saved game of your game's progress so that if the Kraken comes to call you have a good place to start over again.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.