KSP Loading...: Kerbal engineers are stepping up their game!

UomoCapra

4 minutes ago, Terensky said:

Can we detach parts too? For example detaching some parts to gain a little delta-V?

And then, will, from now on, kerbal's weight be taken into account for calculating delta-V? That is, if I stuff a ship with 20 Kerbals, will it have less delta-V than if only one kerbal is on that same ship?

Yes, you can also detach parts and drop them.

5 minutes ago, Terensky said:

Can we detach parts too? For example detaching some parts to gain a little delta-V?

And then, will from now on kerbal weight taken into account for calculating delta-V? That is, if I stuff a ship with 20 Kerbals, will it have less delta-V than if only one kerbal is on that same ship?

Kerbal weight is accounted for in dV now.  There's some retuning this generally won't negatively impact craft

Edited by Maxsimal

Holy Kraken, I am so glad I was wrong with my initial prediction of this update, this is incredible! I am beyond excited for this! It's just another one of those things that I never knew I wanted until I saw it. Thank you 1000x over!

Also, is all we know about the release date is that it's in winter? Like we talking December-winter or like February-winter? Gosh I hope it's the former.

Edited by Yellowburn10

11 minutes ago, bigpapabearxx said:

@nestor  @Maxsimal What about fuel lines? Can we add those on after the fact? Thinking about a hardcore playthrough that obeys transfer rules and ship building in orbit

Yes, you can also attach fuel lines. 

2 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

So uhm.... is it too late to ask for launch clamps to be a part we can attach on our outerkerbin-located ships? Finally have a reliable way to hold our landers and bases in place?

They already have you covered in this update. There was another thread a few weeks ago where they said this:

Landed Part/Vessel anchoring 

A side-effect of the game’s physics has caused some headaches by having vessels without landing legs or wheels to slowly slide when they are resting on the ground under different circumstances such as steep slopes. To help the players deal with this, we will be adding a new internal function to vessels to help anchor themselves to the ground. Similarly, we have improved Kerbal friction, which basically means that our little green astronauts won’t slide so easily from steep slopes either.

Source: 

Will there be Kerbal backpacks that can expand their inventory? Are there inventory slots in parts like lander cans, hitchikers, science labs, and pods? Will the BG deployable science parts become free? And are there new batteries to complement the deployable science parts? P.S. I love your hard work on KSP.

I verry much like this update content so far, although being able to transfer fuel between 2 crafts with a KAS-like pipe would also be amazing ! Being able to strut asteroids might make moving them around a bit less kraken-appetizing :sticktongue: I Also like the mission idea. Missions are a part of the game that can be improved a lot by making things more dynamic (chained missions instead of having to build new crafts every time when an already deployed one could do the job).

9 minutes ago, Altaille said:

I verry much like this update content so far, although being able to transfer fuel between 2 crafts with a KAS-like pipe would also be amazing ! Being able to strut asteroids might make moving them around a bit less kraken-appetizing :sticktongue: I Also like the mission idea. Missions are a part of the game that can be improved a lot by making things more dynamic (chained missions instead of having to build new crafts every time when an already deployed one could do the job).

I wonder if you could weld two craft together with a girder segment and transfer fuel over that bridge?

Edit: And if not, you could probably throw together a docking adapter.

Edited by OutInSpace

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.