KSP Loading...: Kerbal engineers are stepping up their game!

UomoCapra

27 minutes ago, panzer1b said:

Really, the only thing we need now is a method to recover a vessel on Kerbin and then save it to the VAB/SPH after it was "built" or modified in space so that we can work on our space built monsters while actually in space and then return them for further tweaks in the VAB/SPH.

Maybe not the 'only' thing, but ^THAT ^would be awesome.

I doubt it would be too hard to implement, maybe have it as a 'pop up'option on recovery.  Does anyone know of a mod that does it?

15 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

How so? Pretty sure you can do orbital construction with it.

Sorry i didnt put that very well. I mean building ships in situ with harvested resources. And maybe we are two steps away if we count moving and attaching bigger parts as its own step. So we need to be able to turn ore into parts and construct with the big parts as well.

Even though things like KAS fuel lines won't be added, I can think of a simple stock way to do that. You could just build out with cubic struts or, really most anything, all the way to whatever you want to fuel up to, then put either a small docking port or klaw at the end for easy attachment. May not make a whole lot of logical sense, but it's sure as heck a kerbal way to get the job done!

Edited by Yellowburn10

3 minutes ago, Yellowburn10 said:

Even though things like KAS fuel lines won't be added, I can think of a simple stock way to do that. You could just build out with cubic struts or, really most anything, all the way to whatever you want to fuel up to, then put either a small docking port or klaw at the end for easy attachment. May not make a whole lot of logical sense, but it's sure as heck a kerbal way to get the job done!

You can also offset a part w/EVA construction as well.  No need for the chain of struts.

8 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

Kerbals & Inventory

With this update each Kerbal will have two inventory slots. Moreover, Parachutes and EVA jetpacks are now inventory items, giving more flexibility on how you equip your Kerbals. If a Kerbal is not carrying the jetpack or the parachute, these won’t appear on their back. Kerbal mass & crewed parts have been adjusted to account for all of these changes.

This sounds great but what if Jeb goes on a EVA without his jetpack!

9 minutes ago, KerbalsRus said:

This sounds great but what if Jeb goes on a EVA without his jetpack!

He'll be fine.

The question is, what happens if he lets go of the ladder while on EVA without his jetpack.

And the answer is not a good one. Take it from someone who's tried to catch a Kerbal who ran out of propellant.

Edited by Superfluous J

1 hour ago, Superfluous J said:

He'll be fine.

The question is, what happens if he lets go of the ladder while on EVA without his jetpack.

And the answer is not a good one. Take it from someone who's tried to catch a Kerbal who ran out of propellant.

It helps that Kerbals have psychic powers that let them teleport a jetpackfrom an inventory on a craft to thier back, from a few meters away, so you don't have to try to dock a Kerbal with a ladder anymore. ;)

Will the Kerbals like synchronise with the crafts themselves while the players attach the parts? I have a hard time trying to fine adjust (attach& reattach a lot of times) the parts while using KIS, just because the Kerbals keep drifting and cause misalignment.

If not, could I humbly request for that feature?

Edited by RandomKerbal

11 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

Moreover, Parachutes and EVA jetpacks are now inventory items, giving more flexibility on how you equip your Kerbals. If a Kerbal is not carrying the jetpack or the parachute, these won’t appear on their back. Kerbal mass & crewed parts have been adjusted to account for all of these changes.

Neat!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.