KSP Loading...: Kerbal engineers are stepping up their game!

UomoCapra

38 minutes ago, RandomKerbal said:

Will the Kerbals like synchronise with the crafts themselves while the players attach the parts? I have a hard time trying to fine adjust (attach& reattach a lot of times) the parts while using KIS, just because the Kerbals keep drifting and cause misalignment.

If not, could I humbly request for that feature?

From the video, it looks like when in "vab mode" you don't follow the Kerbal. So, their drifting shouldn't affect how the part is attached. It could though affect IF the part can be attached.

For this very reason, in-situ VAB mode has been my biggest wish for KAS since before KIS was split from it. And now we're getting it in stock :)

33 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

Can you strut one craft to another?

10 hours ago, Maxsimal said:

You can node-attach parts, similar to the editor.

Yes, you can use compound parts, and yes only between parts on the same vessel

So no, you can't put struts between different vessels. But if they're docked, then it would seem so

I am not gonna lie, i was having a bad morning...but not anymore!!!

This will be definitely an amazing update!

Thank you so much, my mind is bursting of things to do when this one drops!

And worth mentioning not only we get free goodies but those without DLC get it too...that's double cool.

Edited by Boyster

I'm very curious how the modding community will adapt to this. KIS has been a staple for so long (almost 8 years I think), a lot of things have built off of it over time. That said, one thing Squad does do well is working with the modding community, it's one of the reasons KSP has been so successful, so I'm curious but not worried. 

4 hours ago, Superfluous J said:

Take it from someone who's tried to catch a Kerbal who ran out of propellant.

Interstellar docking music intensifies

Okay but, all things considered, if a Kerbal is able to lift certain mass (hopefully more with help of another Kerbal nearby, hint hint?) we should be able to construct some lightweight vessels with parts shipped from elsewhere.

Edited by The Aziz

55 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Interstellar docking music intensifies

Okay but, all things considered, if a Kerbal is able to lift certain mass (hopefully more with help of another Kerbal nearby, hint hint?) we should be able to construct some lightweight vessels with parts shipped from elsewhere.

like in KIS...

16 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

[...] maybe attempting to reassemble your spaceship during re-entry is not a great idea.

Challenge accepted! ...err... started ...err... I'll start one right now. :cool:

P.S. It's here. Can't wait to try it out!

Edited by AHHans
added P.S.

Now that I'm doing a sandbox vanilla run I'm realizing how immersive it was to launch a new module for a station with a bunch of systems used only in docking (like RCS and probe core, battery and antenna) and having to put an engineer on the next crew rotation to do an EVA to remove those systems and strut the module.

Can't wait to be able to do that in vanilla.

Nice! So does this mean that now we have an actual use for reusable vehicles (Space Shuttles) if we need to repair satellites in orbit? (Add monopropellant tanks, RCS thrusters so that it can maneuver around/adjust its orbit).

Can we attach, as I said above, monopropellant tanks and RCS thrusters? Maybe even fuel tanks? (Even just the small external ones?). Can we attach things like the Spark, Ant and Spider engines to spacecraft?

Also when does it release? (I need to know so that I can prepare to uninstall my mods to make sure my game doesn't break due to mod incompatibility).

Edited by AeroSky
Added another question

5 hours ago, RandomKerbal said:

Will the Kerbals like synchronise with the crafts themselves while the players attach the parts? I have a hard time trying to fine adjust (attach& reattach a lot of times) the parts while using KIS, just because the Kerbals keep drifting and cause misalignment.

If not, could I humbly request for that feature?

Anyone thought of  this problem?

28 minutes ago, AeroSky said:

Nice! So does this mean that now we have an actual use for reusable vehicles (Space Shuttles) if we need to repair satellites in orbit? (Add monopropellant tanks, RCS thrusters so that it can maneuver around/adjust its orbit).

Can we attach, as I said above, monopropellant tanks and RCS thrusters? Maybe even fuel tanks? (Even just the small external ones?). Can we attach things like the Spark, Ant and Spider engines to spacecraft?

There are numerous parts that can be attached and dettached to provide numerous opportunities. That may seem like a non-answer, but I probably cant be more specific than that atm

I just can’t get over the visor...

Now our kerbals won’t burn their retina’s out on spacewalks!

In all Seriousness, this is incredible! Squad...you always keep out doing yourself! I think this might actually be enough to make me leave my 1.9 save...keep up the incredible work and stay safe! cheers-

Lewie

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.