KSP Loading...: Kerbal engineers are stepping up their game!

UomoCapra

Great Update!

This looks like an amazing update! However, this is probably gonna cause a lot of problems for the minimalistic challenges in KSP unless we have to say "NO WELDING PEOPLE". Also, the Sun visor looks Badass and so cool. Im trying to keep up with Danny 2462 and see if he publishes any videos of KSP 1.11. They're gonna be hilarious. idk why but i like it when Danny just finds a way to break the game with every update. Anyways, i like the welding stuff but is there a maximum size of part welding? and can we only construct a certain amount of things. I would like to make an ION powered probe next to my Neptune II Duna Variant Rocket. Once again, GREAT JOB TO THE DEVS of KSP (and KSP2 of course). Jeez... i need to (pant pant) find a better way to say thank you (pant pant) to the devs without writing... so... darn... much...

Also, what on Kerbin is "the bizarre Dzhanibekov Effect"????

On 11/25/2020 at 12:58 PM, Ahres said:

Incredible. I’ve been hoping for a DLC3, this is just as good and it’s free. 

OR IS IT.... MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHA.... Just kidding it is free.

Edited by DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE
Reason for Edit??? WHAT? I CANT ADD stuff without being questioned!?!?!?! I Feel Triggered and need a ticket to Hype Train ASAP!!!! XD XD XD XD

17 minutes ago, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

Also, what on Kerbin is "the bizarre Dzhanibekov Effect"????

Exactly what google shows.

Spoiler

Sudden overturns of the body rotation axis in zero-g when the body has a complicated 3-dimensional shape. Hypothetically can cause instability of orbital objects.

1 minute ago, kerbiloid said:

Exactly what google shows.

Hide contents

Sudden overturns of the body rotation axis in zero-g when the body has a complicated 3-dimensional shape. Hypothetically can cause instability of orbital objects.

HOLY GOODNESS! that is Extremely Amazing! I never knew that was even possible!!! that looks like kerbal physics to me which makes me wonder... ARE KERBALS REAL???? That is kraken PHYSICS right there! not russian physics... lol im getting ahead of myself

48 minutes ago, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

HOLY GOODNESS! that is Extremely Amazing! I never knew that was even possible!!! that looks like kerbal physics to me which makes me wonder... ARE KERBALS REAL???? That is kraken PHYSICS right there! not russian physics... lol im getting ahead of myself

It actually makes sense once you understand it. I think this video demonstrates the Dzhanibekov effect (also called tennis racket theorem) pretty well.

Basically, when CoM starts to shift off from the rotational axis, centrifugal forces start to pull it more and more until it flips over and stabilizes for a brief moment, and starts over.

1 minute ago, Just a random person said:

It actually makes sense once you understand it. I think this video demonstrates the Dzhanibekov effect (also called tennis racket theorem) pretty well.

Basically, when CoM starts to shift off from the rotational axis, centrifugal forces start to pull it more and more until it flips over and stabilizes for a brief moment, and starts over.

Idk lol i think the Kraken is "Among us". Get it? its out to get us and its in space like the "Among us" game and it likes to destroy Spacecraft. ok ill stop.

Ok... ima crack a dumb joke out here because we need one. (i know what stepping up their game means so NO BACKLASH PLEASE! Thank you for your cooperation)

Ok here goes... (Ahem*)

Why does it say Kerbals are "stepping" up their game? 

like come on, i've been spending like 100 hours each week tryin' to get a PS5 and these little engineers like to step on one.

Is it because these engineers why there is a Flat Kerbin Society (Stepping up the game) squishing KSP to flat size model?

WHAT IS GOING ON?!

ok that's it 4 today

IK its a stupid joke but plz just try to understand my enthusiasm for the update :)

7 minutes ago, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

IK its a stupid joke but plz just try to understand my enthusiasm for the update :)

no.

backlash:

Why u so monke, expelling smelly jokes for the sake of being a socallity, you UTTER FOOuL, of cours te ngneeir fofthe gnaekodp pap. bab! :mad:

2 minutes ago, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

I was just makin' a joke

same.

4 minutes ago, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

I like the update.

Most definitely, the amount of likes the average human gives when they see this update is pretty large.

54 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

I still feel like we need hoses to refuel our landers, there algae to be a better way than docking them with some weird rover contraption.

Hoses? but then where does the fuel source come from? you can't just stick a hose into the ground and refuel. unless your talking about docked spacecraft, yeah you're right but still, KSP sometimes can be complex enough it doesn't need to be more complex. Complexity is for KSP2 at a conveniently Ripe 60 big ones plus Tax.

On 12/3/2020 at 8:10 AM, Le Lynx said:

I'm tired of waiting... Yes, I know, I get very impatient sometimes.

NOICE!

21 hours ago, Dirkidirk said:

no.

backlash:

OHH YEAH WHY YA GOTTA BE SO RUDE??? DONT T'CHA KNOW IM HUMAN TOOO... WHY YOU GOTTA BE SO RUUUUUDE.... lol jk  XD

3 hours ago, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

Hoses? but then where does the fuel source come from? you can't just stick a hose into the ground and refuel. unless your talking about docked spacecraft, yeah you're right but still, KSP sometimes can be complex enough it doesn't need to be more complex. Complexity is for KSP2 at a conveniently Ripe 60 big ones plus Tax.

Yeah just hoses to connect two craft temporarily, just fuel, ore, and other consumable just no kerbals.

On 12/4/2020 at 2:27 PM, SpaceFace545 said:

I still feel like we need hoses to refuel our landers, there algae to be a better way than docking them with some weird rover contraption.

Well, at least now if your docking ports don't align, your engineer can fix it.

I can also see a lot of fun with an engineer trying to assemble something capable of getting back to orbit from the scattered parts of a crashed lander... Or tossing parts that are just dry mass when you realize that you don't have enough dV to get home.

Should be good fun

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.