KSP Loading...: Kerbal engineers are stepping up their game!

UomoCapra

This thing is coming tomorrow on PC. Console: 5 years (maybe I’m guessing, this is kinda sad because I play on console)

Please! Can console players get this update soon! Cause I’m not sure if its fair when console guys have to wait a year or so for an update. But maybe I’m not seeing the big picture. :/

Can this time the console players get this update a moth or 3 after or soon?

Edited by Vanamonde
Overlapping posts have been merged.

On 11/25/2020 at 10:05 AM, UomoCapra said:

We are adding repair kits, a new cargo part which engineers use to repair breakable parts on site, including deployable solar panels, antenna, wheels, radiators, robot arms, etc.

Wait. Robot Arms? Is this referring to the breaking ground parts? (Do those even break right now?) Or are we getting some new robot arms? Perhaps to facilitate larger scale building than what a Kerbal alone can do?

25 minutes ago, TBenz said:

Wait. Robot Arms? Is this referring to the breaking ground parts? (Do those even break right now?) Or are we getting some new robot arms? Perhaps to facilitate larger scale building than what a Kerbal alone can do?

No, it's a list of breakable/repairable part types.

Just now, JPLRepo said:

No, it's a list of breakable/repairable part types.

Yeah, I got that. Just curious if these apparently breakable robot arms are the breaking ground scanner arms (I haven't used them enough to see if they are breakable) or something else.

Also, impressive reply time. 

3 minutes ago, TBenz said:

Yeah, I got that. Just curious if these apparently breakable robot arms are the breaking ground scanner arms (I haven't used them enough to see if they are breakable) or something else.

Also, impressive reply time. 

They are indeed referring to the Breaking Ground robot scanner arms.

1 hour ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

Please! Can console players get this update soon! Cause I’m not sure if its fair when console guys have to wait a year or so for an update. But maybe I’m not seeing the big picture. :/

Updates to console games afaik must meet certain guidelines and the like established by the companies responsible for said consoles. That means updates for consoles take longer. Im sure i have missed much more but again afaik ive hit on at least a bit of why it takes longer.

8 hours ago, fourfa said:
I wonder if they remember these forums exist

...posted in the official thread for the update that was posted by a member of "they," on the same page as a post from a member of "they." :D

6 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Unless the active vessel is an EVA kerbal and that kerbal has a new trait that is required. Then you are unable to enter EVA construction mode.

...for now.

[1.11.x] Robotic Repair Re-paired

By linuxgurugamer, December 28

4 hours ago, AlamoVampire said:

Updates to console games afaik must meet certain guidelines and the like established by the companies responsible for said consoles. That means updates for consoles take longer. Im sure i have missed much more but again afaik ive hit on at least a bit of why it takes longer.

There's also the fact that other company is working on PS4 edition. Which is based on pc edition most likely, not developed in parallel.

10 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

There's also the fact that other company is working on PS4 edition. Which is based on pc edition most likely, not developed in parallel.

Huh? Squad, Take Two and Intercept are the only companies I am aware of that are doing ksp or ksp2 console or pc. Of whom do you speak? More importantly is this other company working with TT’s legal blessing?

14 minutes ago, AlamoVampire said:

Huh? Squad, Take Two and Intercept are the only companies I am aware of that are doing ksp or ksp2 console or pc. Of whom do you speak? More importantly is this other company working with TT’s legal blessing?

Blitworks are the ones that adjust the updates for console.

Edited by Chryssalid 8492

10 hours ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

I’m sorry, but do you need to ask this between every PC update? Blitworks ports the game to console, and there is absolutely no expectation that they would work on the same timeline as squad... while I’d love to get this update as soon as possible (I am also a console player), the greater issue is stability... between the last couple updates, I tended to get more bugs, not less... so if the extra time helps squash some of those bugs, especially the ones that corrupt saves, I’d be all for the wait.

Also, we just got the “shared horizons,” and “moar booster” parts, and whatever update the drain valve was in... we also recently got the “maneuver mode” feature... i, too, would love more part, but be happy with all of the new stuff we just got.

1 hour ago, MarsUltor said:

I’m sorry, but do you need to ask this between every PC update? Blitworks ports the game to console, and there is absolutely no expectation that they would work on the same timeline as squad... while I’d love to get this update as soon as possible (I am also a console player), the greater issue is stability... between the last couple updates, I tended to get more bugs, not less... so if the extra time helps squash some of those bugs, especially the ones that corrupt saves, I’d be all for the wait.

Also, we just got the “shared horizons,” and “moar booster” parts, and whatever update the drain valve was in... we also recently got the “maneuver mode” feature... i, too, would love more part, but be happy with all of the new stuff we just got.

You’re right. I guess I’m a little impatient.

8 minutes ago, fragtzack said:

There is so much content in this next release. Really should be a paid DLC. I would have no problems forking up a little $ for this next release.

Ssshhhhhhh.... The marketing dept are probably reading this.

30 minutes ago, fragtzack said:

There is so much content in this next release. Really should be a paid DLC. I would have no problems forking up a little $ for this next release.

I have a feeling some of this stock functionality they have been implementing lately will play into their next DLC in a much more massive way, but they need it in the base game first to iron out the details/bugs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.