KSP Loading...: Kerbal engineers are stepping up their game!

UomoCapra

15 minutes ago, Boyster said:

I am curious to ask, except the concerning, weird acceleration/mass/kerbal bugs, hows the overall experience so far, i been away for a while and looking to get back into it.

Performance wise etc its all good?

Performance is good, and aside from the occasional annoying bug I've been having fun.

Can we please get the undock option back for the actiongroups for dockingports? The remaining uncouple-option does not separate in space docked vehicles. Please give us the option back.

Alternatively: Fusion the both functionalities decouple and undock of dockingports into one function.

See: https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/26887

Edited by Rakete

On 12/18/2020 at 8:51 AM, Walker said:

OH MY, OH MY! I can't believe this, I've been waiting for years for this! Is this true? Is flickering orbit lines bug finally gone in modded KSP?! If yes, I love you guys!

Orbit lines are now less stable for me than before lol

On 12/29/2020 at 12:32 PM, Boyster said:

Must be because of all the issues with extra mass and magic accelerations, the kraken is putting a Christmas reminder.

Funny thing is, the craft(s) with the unstable orbit lines are just geostationary relays (in perfect orbits to the meter and hudreth of a second) - which is a recipe for this behaviour, BUT they're worse than before the update - they were more stable before hand, but obviously not perfect.

3 hours ago, Superfluous J said:

What happened? Sounds like it may be a good story.

Contract was to put a heat radiator part on a satellite. Heat radiator part mass is to much for a kerbal.  Figured could  use the grabber to temp connect the spaceship and the satellite together. Then the Kerbal could attach the part using the spaceship cargo. However, every time trying to use the grabber at 0 m/s and the lowest values for the grabber, the satellite would either go flying off into space or there would be there this really weird connection between the spacecraft and the satellite where they would be too far apart and spinning. I was finally able to complete the contract by having the spacecraft just get close enough to the satellite and quickly attach the part before they drift apart or collide.  Such a pain, never again.

Think folks(I am for one) are expecting to use grabber for this types of contract/mission. However, even before this new  release the grabber has always been buggy physics. Grabber works great for asteroids, but lesser mass object is kraken time. 

2 hours ago, fragtzack said:

Contract was to put a heat radiator part on a satellite. Heat radiator part mass is to much for a kerbal.  Figured could  use the grabber to temp connect the spaceship and the satellite together. Then the Kerbal could attach the part using the

There is this post that might help you, might be a bit tricky but it seemed it helped.

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/198946-received-a-mission-to-attached-stratus-v-cylindrified-monopropellant-tank-to-satellite/

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2020 at 1:51 AM, Walker said:

OH MY, OH MY! I can't believe this, I've been waiting for years for this! Is this true? Is flickering orbit lines bug finally gone in modded KSP?! If yes, I love you guys!

Now if Squad would only make the planet orbit lines filterable. Annoying trying to do interplanetary planning and having to visually fight through the planet orbit lines not part of the current mission planning.

Please squad, add QOL improvement: Planet orbit lines should be a filterable selection. Not only at the solar level SOI orbits, but the moon level orbits with in a planet SOI

Edited by fragtzack

On 1/15/2021 at 11:23 PM, fragtzack said:

Now if Squad would only make the planet orbit lines filterable. Annoying trying to do interplanetary planning and having to visually fight through the planet orbit lines not part of the current mission planning.

Try this mod:

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Burning Kan said:

Sorry, we can't show this content because you do not have permission to see it. ???

?WHATs happen there    SQUAD

Sorry, there was a bit of a technical problem with the forum. The actual 1.11.1 announcement thread is here:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.