KSP Loading...: Kerbal engineers are stepping up their game!

UomoCapra

It's been a long time since the 1.11 update, but I ran into a problem. I accepted the contract to attach the part to the satellite and it was not credited to me. None of the 2 points. Although the engineer was on board and successfully attached the part. Maybe I did something wrong, but I didn't find any information about how to fulfill this contract anywhere, so I think it's a bug.

On 3/16/2021 at 10:19 PM, Krauzer said:

It's been a long time since the 1.11 update, but I ran into a problem. I accepted the contract to attach the part to the satellite and it was not credited to me. None of the 2 points. Although the engineer was on board and successfully attached the part. Maybe I did something wrong, but I didn't find any information about how to fulfill this contract anywhere, so I think it's a bug.

The new contracts introduced in KSP 1.11 were quite bugged.  They keep consistently having contract parameters with weird wrong values for the ID number of the parts and vessels you are supposed to repair, so that when you repair them it doesn't recognize that as being the correct vessel that went with the contract.  Here's 3 issues in the bug tracker about them:

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/27308

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/27203

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/27020

It would be entirely justified to pull open the Alt-F12 menu and cheat the contract as "finished", since it's literally impossible to finish them with the ID mismatches they have.  (Alternatively you could risk trying to edit your save file to make the ID numbers match so the contract becomes possible.)

Edited by Dunbaratu

• 4 weeks later...

Now I can make my cranes even more realistic! I can get out and place down pads under the outriggers instead of only attaching grip pads to the cylinders.

On 11/25/2020 at 1:39 PM, Rocketology said:

Winches are not for this type of game!

What!? In Kerbal Crane Simulator? Winches are necessary. That's why I use KAS.

Hmmm...

Yesterday an item got duplicated while removing it from a vessel and storing it in a container, another one got lost somehow.

Time to set up a bug documentation workflow and keep an open eye for this kind of thing.

Also I can’t see why some parts cannot be removed - shouldn’t have been the root part, but difficult to tell.

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, ConArt70 said:

When can we expect this for console?? 

Youre not likely to get a date. Squad has a history of not setting firm dates to avoid complications. Add in the complexity of porting a video game that was developed for pc and the vetting sony and microsoft have for console games and it adds time to the process. Just be patient.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.