[1.8.1-1.10.x] Contract Pack: GAP for JNSQ - Missionpack with milestones, airline and rescue missions

InfiNoctis

Contract Pack:  GAP for JNSQ - a missionpack with milestones, airline and rescue missions. 

gFbBEyh.png

This mod is aimed for use with JNSQ and Kerbal Konstructs only.  If you play without a planet pack, you should look at the original GAP mod instead. 

Main Features:

• Milestones to complete and to unlock all the other missions.

• Airline flights to different Airports on Kerbin

• Coastguard Missions

• Air Freight Missions

• Autoloading Passengers

Spoiler

Xlw3kYX.png

• Communications

Spoiler

NEmubT4.png

Dependencies:

Recommended:

Download:

Github

SpaceDock

Notes:

• You need to finish some of the milestones first, to unlock other missions. 
  • If you dont see the different runways in JNSQ:  "JNSQ provides at least 14 facilities powered by Kerbal Konstructs and requires  Omega's Stockalike Stuctures. (also on CKAN)
  • If you have performance issues with 60 kerbals spawned on the bigger flight missions: LowPerformancePatch Gap-for-JNSQ. This lowers the spawned kerbals to 4-6 on these missions but keeps the rewards and requirements for these missions. Read the README file for install instructions !

Edited by InfiNoctis
updated Notes

Looks like some character encoding errors with two files

ModuleManager.log

[LOG 21:27:43.210] Done patching
[WRN 21:27:43.210] 1 warning related to GameData/ContractPacks/GAP-JNSQ/Flights/Airline-Flight-120-A.cfg
[WRN 21:27:43.210] 1 warning related to GameData/ContractPacks/GAP-JNSQ/Flights/Airline-Flight-120-C.cfg
[LOG 21:27:43.210] Saving Cache

KSP.log

[LOG 21:28:27.633] Config(CONTRACT_TYPE:NEEDS[SquadExpansion/MakingHistory]) ContractPacks/GAP-JNSQ/Flights/Airline-Flight-120-A/Airline-Flight-120-A
[LOG 21:28:27.633] Config(CONTRACT_TYPE:NEEDS[SquadExpansion/MakingHistory]) ContractPacks/GAP-JNSQ/Flights/Airline-Flight-120-C/Airline-Flight-120-C

11 minutes ago, Ravien said:

Looks like some character encoding errors with two files

ModuleManager.log

[LOG 21:27:43.210] Done patching
[WRN 21:27:43.210] 1 warning related to GameData/ContractPacks/GAP-JNSQ/Flights/Airline-Flight-120-A.cfg
[WRN 21:27:43.210] 1 warning related to GameData/ContractPacks/GAP-JNSQ/Flights/Airline-Flight-120-C.cfg
[LOG 21:27:43.210] Saving Cache

KSP.log

[LOG 21:28:27.633] Config(CONTRACT_TYPE:NEEDS[SquadExpansion/MakingHistory]) ContractPacks/GAP-JNSQ/Flights/Airline-Flight-120-A/Airline-Flight-120-A
[LOG 21:28:27.633] Config(CONTRACT_TYPE:NEEDS[SquadExpansion/MakingHistory]) ContractPacks/GAP-JNSQ/Flights/Airline-Flight-120-C/Airline-Flight-120-C

Thank you, i will look into it. 

• SSI Aerospace doesn't have a logo.
  • Island Airfield doesn't fit the landing condition, while KSC or KK Airbase Runways fit.
    Add please Island Airfield to acceptable condition, or write in the description more precise that KSC Runway or Airbase Runways fit, but not the Island Airfield
    Spoiler

56fwZOZ.jpeg

4 hours ago, flart said:
  • SSI Aerospace doesn't have a logo.
  • Island Airfield doesn't fit the landing condition, while KSC or KK Airbase Runways fit.
    Add please Island Airfield to acceptable condition, or write in the description more precise that KSC Runway or Airbase Runways fit, but not the Island Airfield

Thank you for notifying me of the missing logo.  I can alter the description in the mission goals if that helps. From   "Spaceplane Hangar Air Terminal" to "KSC Spaceplane Hangar Air Terminal" ?

The description should allready be clear enough that you need to return to KSC.

Landing sites for this mission are KSC Runway or KSC SPH only, but since the other Kerbal Konstruct build bases have Runway bioms themself, you can complete some of the missions there too. ( Island Airfield doesnt have a Runway biom)

I might redo the milestones missions with direct waypoints in the future . (That would limit it only to KSC only with no other runways)

Edited by InfiNoctis
addition

An exception on the accepting and completing "Land on Helipad" contract

Spoiler

[ERR 20:23:15.698] Exception handling event OnParameterChange in class ConfiguredContract:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ContractConfigurator.Behaviour.AwardExperience.OnParameterStateChange (Contracts.ContractParameter param) [0x00023] in <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ContractBehaviour.ParameterStateChange (Contracts.ContractParameter param) [0x00000] in <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract.OnParameterStateChange (Contracts.ContractParameter param) [0x0001c] in <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract.OnParameterStateChange (Contracts.Contract contract, Contracts.ContractParameter param) [0x00004] in <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0 
  at EventData`2[T,U].Fire (T data0, U data1) [0x000b0] in <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0 

[EXC 20:23:15.703] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ContractConfigurator.Behaviour.AwardExperience.OnParameterStateChange (Contracts.ContractParameter param) (at <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0)
	ContractConfigurator.ContractBehaviour.ParameterStateChange (Contracts.ContractParameter param) (at <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0)
	ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract.OnParameterStateChange (Contracts.ContractParameter param) (at <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0)
	ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract.OnParameterStateChange (Contracts.Contract contract, Contracts.ContractParameter param) (at <ef0243a06f2841fe9bf57034a334902e>:0)
	EventData`2[T,U].Fire (T data0, U data1) (at <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	EventData`2:Fire(Contract, ContractParameter)
	ContractConfigurator.Parameters.ContractConfiguratorParameter:SetState(ParameterState)
	ContractConfigurator.Parameters.Any:OnAnyContractParameterChange(Contract, ContractParameter)
	ContractConfigurator.Parameters.ContractConfiguratorParameter:SetState(ParameterState)
	ContractConfigurator.Parameters.Any:OnAnyContractParameterChange(Contract, ContractParameter)
	ContractConfigurator.Parameters.VesselParameterGroup:OnUpdate()
	Contracts.ContractParameter:Update()
	Contracts.Contract:Update()
	Contracts.ContractSystem:UpdateContracts()
	Contracts.<UpdateDaemon>d__47:MoveNext()
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
[LOG 20:23:15.718] Awarding 18000 funds to player for contract completion
[LOG 20:23:15.720] Awarding 6 science to player for contract completion
[LOG 20:23:15.722] Awarding 3 reputation to player for contract completion
[LOG 20:23:15.726] Added 1.934117 (3) reputation: 'ContractReward'.
[LOG 20:23:15.736] Contract (Land on a helipad!): Flight Completed! And you're still alive, which is even better since most helicopter and other VTOL test flights have been fatal.

On 12/4/2020 at 6:31 PM, flart said:

An exception on the accepting and completing "Land on Helipad" contract

Thanks for notifying me. I am not sure if i can fix that looks more like a bug / unclear documentation of ContractConfigurator itself. But i put it up as an issue in Github and will look into it .

On 12/10/2020 at 1:10 AM, flart said:

A plane with 60 tourists makes my notebook cry.
Could you make Extras/ patch for low performance pc, that leaves demanding seats, but makes the number of tourist 10 times less? 

sure, i can make a modified version of these contracts.  But it will take some time since CP2077 is stealing  quite a lot of my free-time.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for making these contracts. It's a good excuse for discovering more JNSQ airfields.

I ran into a one-time (so far) bug but don't know whether it's due to your contract pack, Waypoint Manager, or something else. Waypoints were getting duplicated. I first noticed it trying to land at KSC, and there were several "Location: KSC Runway" scattered around the runway. I confirmed the extra waypoints also showed on the map view and in the Waypoint Manager window. I then checked other spots and noticed that many other contract waypoints were duplicated. The only custom waypoint I added was not duplicated.

Exiting the game and restarting fixed the waypoints; no more duplicates. Have you ever seen this problem before?

This logfile is 215 MB because I had the same KSP session open for a week. It's ugly, and it looks like other mods were spamming messages. I am not asking you to read it, just posting it because those are the rules when asking for help ;)https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tHgckBv70ihHr__8lvTtgD_lFh5oFIpD/view?usp=sharing

Note that I cross-posted this in the Waypoint Manager thread, too.

18 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

Thanks for making these contracts. It's a good excuse for discovering more JNSQ airfields.

I ran into a one-time (so far) bug but don't know whether it's due to your contract pack, Waypoint Manager, or something else. Waypoints were getting duplicated. I first noticed it trying to land at KSC, and there were several "Location: KSC Runway" scattered around the runway. I confirmed the extra waypoints also showed on the map view and in the Waypoint Manager window. I then checked other spots and noticed that many other contract waypoints were duplicated. The only custom waypoint I added was not duplicated.

Exiting the game and restarting fixed the waypoints; no more duplicates. Have you ever seen this problem before?

This logfile is 215 MB because I had the same KSP session open for a week. It's ugly, and it looks like other mods were spamming messages. I am not asking you to read it, just posting it because those are the rules when asking for help ;)https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tHgckBv70ihHr__8lvTtgD_lFh5oFIpD/view?usp=sharing

Note that I cross-posted this in the Waypoint Manager thread, too.

I never experienced a bug like that.  I will try my best to take a look at your logfile.  If you experience the same bug again, feel free to post it and maybe additional information can help to track it down. 

From your logs it seems like you are using version 2.8.1 of waypoint manager (at least its writing logs with that version).  A newer version is available here or on CKAN.  I don´t know if that already fixes the bug but it could be worth a try.

Edited by InfiNoctis
addition

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I can't seem to get the AirExpress-966 Contract to work. I start at the N76 Polar research runway but no mater how long I wait I do not get the request clearance for takeoff objective to trigger. N76 has four runways, do I need to launch from a particular one? which one?

I'll continue to try to troubleshoot but any tips might be helpful.

Also, I found the jump in contract requirements a little jarring, I had completed only 1 Contract for 6 passengers from KSC to Island Runway, and the next one called for 40 passengers, nearly a 7x increase.

Edited by Coyote21

@Coyote21 The contract requirement is that you need to

• You also need 1 pilot and parts from the Aero category on your vessel (wings). 
  • then start within 3000 meters of the N76 waypoint (at latitude = 76.057623  longitude = 102.307255)

Is the waypoint visable?

Edited by Caerfinon

Yes to all requirements. I even tried to drive to the waypoint and wait. I'm going to double check the co-ords with the Contract Configurator Debug Menu next time I get the N76A contract.

The contract works fine with same plane and pilot if I start from KSC. Contracts that start at either KSC and N76 are the only contracts I've had so far, so I don't know if it's only N76A that causes issues.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.