What are you thankful for?

AlamoVampire

Howdy Folks!

In the spirit of Thanksgiving first to all of those who celebrate it I want to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!

With that said, I would like to ask each of you a simple question in the spirit of Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for?

I will start :)

I am thankful for my best friend, my brother from another mother. I cherish the near 30 years I was privileged to call him friend before he left our world.  I am thankful for all the memories I got to make with him over those years. I will forever miss him.

So, my fellow forum goers, how about you?

I'm not from a country that celebrates Thanksgiving, but there are certainly things that I'm thankful for. In no particular order, here are just a few:

• My family and how supportive and amazing they are.
  • Kerbal Space Program and its fantastic community - especially the moderators for keeping the discussion civil and pleasant.
  • Space! There's literally an infinity of things out there to explore. The human adventure is only just beginning!
  • The scientists and engineers all around the world who work constantly to make our lives and our future better. 
Edited by RealKerbal3x

56 minutes ago, GuessingEveryDay said:

That my state was able to offer an alternative for school so I didn't have to put my family at risk? That shouldn't be political, right?

Nah. It’s not really.

Heck, I’m grateful that everyone is being safe and cautious ....the world’s a crazy place, especially nowadays. 

I'm going to jump back in here again, because I realize I forgot the most important part

I think I speak for the entire team when I say we are all incredibly thankful for YOU!  The players and the KSP community... You all are the greatest!!!   :D

8 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I'm going to jump back in here again, because I realize I forgot the most important part

I think I speak for the entire team when I say we are all incredibly thankful for YOU!  The players and the KSP community... You all are the greatest!!!   :D

Right back at you!

ksp wouldn’t be the same be a thing without you....and the forums would probably dissolve into mh arguments. *laughs* I can’t say it nearly as well as you did...but we appreciate you guys!

I am thankful for my wife, who is definitely the better half of us.  She makes me a better person just having her in my life.  This is infinitely more amplified and exponentially multiplied by the fact that I almost lost her to heart disease in 2019; I do not know what I would do without her.  I would very much rather hear her yell "Are you STILL putting green men into space?!?" than to have the alternative.

There is so much to be thankful for, but since this is KSP, I will do a space nerdy thing:

I am thankful for the Voyager program. I was born in 1970, so have no memory of the moon landings. But I remember when Voyager discovered Io had volcanoes.   Those probes changed everything.   We have accomplished some amazing missions, but that Grand Tour was the non-plus-ultra.  Thank goodness for all the scientists, planners and visionaries who came together to make it happen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.