Reference for vehicle's flight movements

When moving kerbals on surface, the commands Forward, Back, Left, Right are always referred to the point of view. This doesn't happen with vehicles for commands of Pitch, Roll and Yaw, and for SCR traslations Up, Down, Left and Right.  So, what's the correct point of view to get the ship moved in the direction I ask?

The "correct" point of view is the one that coincides with the Navball.

The thing is: crafts are often symmetrical enough to make hard to notice when you are in this point of view. Also often is not the PoV that allows to better see what is happening.

So, I strongly suggest to do like @AHHans (and many others): learn to use the Navball.

Its a horrible kludge but I've stuck something on for the sake of making the vehicle appear non-symmetric - for example, a thermometer, or a fin, pointing forwards. Then it makes it much easier to visualise which way its going and which controls will have the effect, no matter what the viewpoint you're looking at it.

Also another tip, for example if you're descending and go sideways, is to use the SAS to turn to prograde (or retrograde), to see which is the new direction its heading relative to the surface/orbit etc.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.