Animals

47 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

just 2D sprites of birds flying would help the game out so much. Kerbin seems a bit too lifeless.

I've been thinking about that. It would be logic that if I can hear bird sounds in the Space Center scene, there should be some actual birds. Instead of 2D sprites, it could be very low poly 3D models with low res textures.

32 minutes ago, Le Lynx said:
1 hour ago, kerbiloid said:

C'est exactement pourquoi ils ne les ajoutent pas ...

But why?

(I even didn't know that I can speak French...)

To protect the game from cruelty, I guess. This suggestion appears repeatedly with same result: no animals will be added by Squad.

6 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

(I even didn't know that I can speak French...)

Sorry, I use a translator and sometimes there are problems.

8 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

To protect the game from cruelty, I guess. This suggestion appears repeatedly with same result: no animals will be added by Squad.

Ok....

5 hours ago, Le Lynx said:

Would it be really cool to be able to send animals into space,no?

no. to prevent the game from being banned i highly recommend that we don't add animals. its sad enough when we accidently kill kerbals (which are fictional characters) imagine cute little kerbal puppies or kittens. That's just depressing. Laika is a living proof example OR WAS a living proof example.

1 hour ago, Bej Kerman said:

Why would it be "banned"?

It wouldn't exactly.  But looking at the things some people do with the game already -- adding animals would turn it into a violence simulator focused on cats, puppies, and horses.  Not good for the image of the game.

Edited by Corona688

10 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

To protect the game from cruelty, I guess.

2 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

The idea of critters dying in crashes is otherwise too sad.

25 minutes ago, Corona688 said:

adding animals would turn it into a violence simulator focused on cats, puppies, and horses. 

As opposed to the people who post how many various and brutal ways they have found to kill off kerbals and the "lolsplosion" aesthetic that have been displayed by so many players?

How is "killing" a collection of variables that represents a non-real Kerbal any less sad or cruel or different in any way from "killing" a collection of values that represent a non-real animal?

4 hours ago, razark said:

As opposed to the people who post how many various and brutal ways they have found to kill off kerbals and the "lolsplosion" aesthetic that have been displayed by so many players?

Yes, that's exactly the thing I don't think needs further encouragement.

4 hours ago, razark said:

How is "killing" a collection of variables that represents a non-real Kerbal any less sad or cruel or different in any way from "killing" a collection of values that represent a non-real animal?

It isn't, of course.

18 hours ago, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

no. to prevent the game from being banned i highly recommend that we don't add animals. its sad enough when we accidently kill kerbals (which are fictional characters) imagine cute little kerbal puppies or kittens. That's just depressing. Laika is a living proof example OR WAS a living proof example.

Banned for what, Xbox has games where you kill animals, albeit wild deer, moose, and other game. The Laika joke was too far man,  they took her, strapped her into a faulty capsule, and launched her into space. If we get the birds, then someone will hit them with a plane or rocket. And then they need to do a damage model, and then they have to put explosives in the bird to make parts explode on impact.

1 minute ago, Mikenike said:

Banned for what, Xbox has games where you kill animals, albeit wild deer, moose, and other game. The Laika joke was too far man,  they took her, strapped her into a faulty capsule, and launched her into space. If we get the birds, then someone will hit them with a plane or rocket. And then they need to do a damage model, and then they have to put explosives in the bird to make parts explode on impact.

Killing animals is not fun anyways.

23 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

so, you can do cruelty on human(oid) as much as you like, there was even a challenge to make torture implements with the game, but absolutely no animals. :confused::confused::confused:

huh. i stopped reading to post this, but apparently i'm not the only one dumbfounded. i blame politically correct

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.