Jump to content

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

just 2D sprites of birds flying would help the game out so much. Kerbin seems a bit too lifeless.

I've been thinking about that. It would be logic that if I can hear bird sounds in the Space Center scene, there should be some actual birds. Instead of 2D sprites, it could be very low poly 3D models with low res textures.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Stone Blue said:

Yes....
and there are several mods out there that do, or at least have partially gotten, fish, birds, and a cat, into the game....

IIRC, Stockalike Station Parts Expansion Redux has a science part with some fishes inside.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Le Lynx said:
1 hour ago, kerbiloid said:

C'est exactement pourquoi ils ne les ajoutent pas ...

But why?

(I even didn't know that I can speak French...)

To protect the game from cruelty, I guess. This suggestion appears repeatedly with same result: no animals will be added by Squad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

(I even didn't know that I can speak French...)

Sorry, I use a translator and sometimes there are problems.

 

8 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

To protect the game from cruelty, I guess. This suggestion appears repeatedly with same result: no animals will be added by Squad.

Ok....

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Le Lynx said:

Would it be really cool to be able to send animals into space,no?

no. to prevent the game from being banned i highly recommend that we don't add animals. its sad enough when we accidently kill kerbals (which are fictional characters) imagine cute little kerbal puppies or kittens. That's just depressing. Laika is a living proof example OR WAS a living proof example.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:
11 hours ago, Le Lynx said:

Would it be really cool to be able to send animals into space,no?

no. to prevent the game from being banned i highly recommend that we don't add animals.

Why would it be "banned"?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bej Kerman said:

Why would it be "banned"?

It wouldn't exactly.  But looking at the things some people do with the game already -- adding animals would turn it into a violence simulator focused on cats, puppies, and horses.  Not good for the image of the game.

Edited by Corona688
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

To protect the game from cruelty, I guess.

 

2 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

The idea of critters dying in crashes is otherwise too sad.

 

25 minutes ago, Corona688 said:

adding animals would turn it into a violence simulator focused on cats, puppies, and horses. 

As opposed to the people who post how many various and brutal ways they have found to kill off kerbals and the "lolsplosion" aesthetic that have been displayed by so many players?

 

How is "killing" a collection of variables that represents a non-real Kerbal any less sad or cruel or different in any way from "killing" a collection of values that represent a non-real animal?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, razark said:

As opposed to the people who post how many various and brutal ways they have found to kill off kerbals and the "lolsplosion" aesthetic that have been displayed by so many players?

Yes, that's exactly the thing I don't think needs further encouragement.

4 hours ago, razark said:

How is "killing" a collection of variables that represents a non-real Kerbal any less sad or cruel or different in any way from "killing" a collection of values that represent a non-real animal?

It isn't, of course.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

no. to prevent the game from being banned i highly recommend that we don't add animals. its sad enough when we accidently kill kerbals (which are fictional characters) imagine cute little kerbal puppies or kittens. That's just depressing. Laika is a living proof example OR WAS a living proof example.

Banned for what, Xbox has games where you kill animals, albeit wild deer, moose, and other game. The Laika joke was too far man,  they took her, strapped her into a faulty capsule, and launched her into space. If we get the birds, then someone will hit them with a plane or rocket. And then they need to do a damage model, and then they have to put explosives in the bird to make parts explode on impact.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mikenike said:

Banned for what, Xbox has games where you kill animals, albeit wild deer, moose, and other game. The Laika joke was too far man,  they took her, strapped her into a faulty capsule, and launched her into space. If we get the birds, then someone will hit them with a plane or rocket. And then they need to do a damage model, and then they have to put explosives in the bird to make parts explode on impact.

Killing animals is not fun anyways.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

To protect the game from cruelty, I guess. This suggestion appears repeatedly with same result: no animals will be added by Squad.

so, you can do cruelty on human(oid) as much as you like, there was even a challenge to make torture implements with the game, but absolutely no animals. :confused::confused::confused:

 

huh. i stopped reading to post this, but apparently i'm not the only one dumbfounded. i blame politically correct

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...