Animals

34 minutes ago, king of nowhere said:

so, you can do cruelty on human(oid) as much as you like, there was even a challenge to make torture implements with the game, but absolutely no animals.

Kerbals do this willingly... well, we can guess...

Animals can't express their informed agreement.

Spoiler

Actually, Kerbals are magically frozen, and we unwillingly possess their bodies to operate.

One per time or several with the followers mod (but others can just repeat the movements).

We call it "game", they name us "player".

Actually, we are antagonists of Kerbal nightmares and horror movies, when a Kerbal can't move with a finger and feels being obsessed.

Upd.^

Edited by kerbiloid

14 hours ago, Corona688 said:
16 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

Why would it be "banned"?

It wouldn't exactly.  But looking at the things some people do with the game already -- adding animals would turn it into a violence simulator focused on cats, puppies, and horses.  Not good for the image of the game.

No it wouldn't.

2 hours ago, Mikenike said:

Banned for what, Xbox has games where you kill animals, albeit wild deer, moose, and other game. The Laika joke was too far man,  they took her, strapped her into a faulty capsule, and launched her into space. If we get the birds, then someone will hit them with a plane or rocket. And then they need to do a damage model, and then they have to put explosives in the bird to make parts explode on impact.

idk... 

And btw Laika is NOT a joke to me. im just putting the seriousness out there

3 letters!

I-D-K (i dont know)

Also, we dont need KSP to become a Teen rated game because youtubers like Danny 2462 use the game as a slaughter machine. KSP needs to be for all audiences.

5 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Are you trying to say that Kerbals are not real?

No more real than any animals in the game would be.

Or the endless strings of cows and pigs and whanots I've seen killed off in that extremely violent murder-simulator that is Minecraft.

2 minutes ago, razark said:

Or the endless strings of cows and pigs and whanots I've seen killed off in that extremely violent murder-simulator that is Minecraft.

1. If bring the animals in the stock, their elimination will be the main occupation of the players.
With Kerbals they at least have to put on a fake mask of decency because it's not cool to loose the crew every time.

2. KSP is looking into the shining brave future rather than into the dark grim past.
So, instead of the livestock animals the game food production should be oriented towards algae, greenhouses, cultured food rather than killing animals for food.
So, the greenhouses are what you can get instead of cows

Spoiler

because the cows got extinct long ago, getting useless after the cultured food industry getting evolved.

39 minutes ago, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

Mikenike: Im going to have to confiscate all of your comments on Laika

Me: But why?

Mikenike: No butts.

Me: but i Have one

Mikenike: BBBBBBB RRRRRR UUUUUUU HHHHHH

Yeah, sounds about right.

1 hour ago, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:
18 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

Also, we dont need KSP to become a Teen rated game because youtubers like Danny 2462 use the game as a slaughter machine. KSP needs to be for all audiences.

I don't think adding glorified Kerbals would give a higher rating. Where are you getting this from?

I suggest all animals should be Kerbal Aesthetics. No Earth animals.

Sidenote: if Kerbin doesn't have animals, it is because the Mystery Goo has taken over all land and water environments except arboreal ones. Thus, Kerbin's only animals are those which live on trees or buildings.

Space plants for toasting, and kerbals for roasting? mmmmm... Kerbal A la mode... 

Lol im so evil

6 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

There's already trees and a few patches of grass if you have terrain scatters enabled, but they're a bit boring.

no their not.. their perfect for squishing kerbals and uncovering bugs so that they can ALSObe squished.

Gremlins.

They look like animals, but actually aren't, and we don't care much about their health.
And they can cause random failures in the craft (that's in their nature).

Shouldn't KSP have the  "[v] Gremlins" setting, to provide both possibilities at once: the pseudo-anumals and the random failures?

On 12/3/2020 at 9:20 AM, king of nowhere said:

so, you can do cruelty on human(oid) as much as you like, there was even a challenge to make torture implements with the game, but absolutely no animals. :confused::confused::confused:

Kerbals are implicitly willing participants;  animals aren't.  It's not a difference in game terms, but torturing helpless animals is very poor taste.  That is all.

Edited by Corona688

On 12/2/2020 at 4:19 PM, Vanamonde said:

The idea of critters dying in crashes is otherwise too sad. 

solution. Just make them immortal, we know cat's have nine lives ;)

3 hours ago, Corona688 said:

Kerbals are implicitly willing participants;  animals aren't.  It's not a difference in game terms, but torturing helpless animals is very poor taste.  That is all.

You do make a good point. Laika's death still makes people sad today.

4 hours ago, Corona688 said:

Kerbals are implicitly willing participants;  animals aren't.

I am now going to start a new career, where the Kerbals are selected from the penal system and sentenced to conduct test flights. 

INTO THE CAPSULE, OR ELSE, CONVICT JEB!

Heh, heh. Rocket make big *boom* when crash! Heh heh.

4 hours ago, Corona688 said:

torturing helpless animals is very poor taste

But we could just pretend the animals volunteered for the missions.  I mean, you're pretending your Kerbals did, so why not pretend that other collection of variables/values/electrons did, too?

Yeah... loveing hilarious, ain't it?  :rolleyes:

But if one of the "creatures" was labeled as a "dog", if a godsdamn tragedy?

Edited by razark

36 minutes ago, razark said:

But we could just pretend the animals volunteered for the missions.  I mean, you're pretending your Kerbals did

That's not what 'animal' means, but that's besides the point.  I don't know why you linked those videos either.  Do you think digital creatures actually suffer?

It's not about the game being gross, tastless and crude.  Adding animals to the game would not make it that.  It's about you.

Edited by Corona688

3 minutes ago, Corona688 said:

Do you think digital creatures actually suffer?

No, I don't.  That's why I have absolutely no problem with what happens to animals in KSP. Launch them into space with no parachute. Subject them to thousands of g's of acceleration and turn them into a paste. Send them off for hundreds of years with no life support. Roast 'em in the sun. Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew.

I'm trying to figure out why people have a problem with digital animals being mistreated, but are perfectly fine with digital Kerbals being nothing more than cannon fodder for our torturous amusement.

6 minutes ago, Corona688 said:

It's about you.

Is it?  Mistreating digital sapient creatures is perfectly fine, but if I mistreat another digital sentient being, I'm a horrible psychopath, why?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.