A Mk2 Nose Cone (Not Another Mod) Xbox EE/Fully Stock KSP

So, I have been wondering, why do we have the nosecones for all of the other part sizes, and not a Mk2 set. We have the NCS set for the Mk1, some various ones for the .625m, ones for the 2.5m, 1.875m and 5m, but no Mk2 part. The devs could do the same as the 2.5-1.25m thing that we have (Mk1-3 capsule with no crew that piece). We need a Mk2 nose cone, because I have  tried to make a Mk2 fighter and it just doesn't look right with the Mk2 regular command pod followed by the Mk2 inline. If we get this added, we can finally get rid of the wierd gap we have for these cases. And before anyone types out how I should use the adapters, I do, but they don't look right, its either too short or too long.

NO MODS!!!!! I play EE, so mods don't work unfortunately.

@Maxsimal, @Paul_Amsterdam, or @TriggerAu? Could we get your input here?? I'm sorry about the tagging being a little pestering here, but I want to see what y'all think of this problem.

Edited by Mikenike

Why not mk-2 to 1.25 m and then a 1.25m nose cone? Not quite the same but would work.

edit: I should read better - not quite right. Anyways whoops.

Uhhhh my other suggestion is maybe trying to do custom body working using other parts (fairings, radiators, etc).

Edited by qzgy

21 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Uhhhh my other suggestion is maybe trying to do custom body working using other parts (fairings, radiators, etc).

Too much for my Xbox, I am asking for a stock nose cone. I hate fairings as nosecones.

22 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Why not mk-2 to 1.25 m and then a 1.25m nose cone? Not quite the same but would work.

Like I said, it looks ugly, looks like someone who strapped a laser on the 747-400, whoever came up with that idea is an idiot.

17 minutes ago, Mikenike said:

Like I said, it looks ugly, looks like someone who strapped a laser on the 747-400, whoever came up with that idea is an idiot.

Here's the thing: if you think it's ugly, and you don't want to do custom body work, and you can't use mods cause of EE, then your only real option is to use the 1.25-Mk2. Plus, in my opinion it isn' t that ugly. If you have a problem with that, use NCS + 1.25-Mk2 adapter.

2 hours ago, Mikenike said:

So, I have been wondering, why do we have the nosecones for all of the other part sizes, and not a Mk2 set. We have the NCS set for the Mk1, some various ones for the .625m, ones for the 2.5m, 1.875m and 5m, but no Mk2 part.

the NCS is not a nosecone, is a fuel tank adapter. If you want a similar mk2 part there is already 2 options (Mk2 to 1.25 adapter, Mk2 to 1.25 adapter long).

Maybe those are not exactly what you want, fair enough. Unfortunately "I don't like the options we already have" don't make the priority any higher for the part you requested.

...and there is quite along list of requested parts.

On 12/4/2020 at 5:11 PM, Spricigo said:

Maybe those are not exactly what you want, fair enough. Unfortunately "I don't like the options we already have" don't make the priority any higher for the part you requested.

...and there is quite along list of requested parts.

Basically this yes.  I don't know why, when the Mk2 parts were added to the game, a nosecone wasn't added.  Before my time.  There might have been a good reason, it might have been an oversight.  

We do as many parts as we can manage, for each version, given our capacity and other goals we have for that version.  In a world without those restrictions, I'm sure we'd have one.

All I can recommend is doing your best to enjoy games as they stand.  Continue to make recommendations, try to get people's buy in, but making a case that says anything like 'we need X, X is a huge problem' etc, when clearly that's a bit of an exaggeration, is unlikely to get you much good will from any dev team.  Not only can it be a bit personally off putting, but it can get actually do the opposite of what you want, as noone wants to signal to a fan base that the best way to get something added to a game is to make posts like that. 

The best way to get changes is to make reasoned posts, with a moderate tone, and to get the community to agree with you.

On 12/4/2020 at 4:11 PM, Spricigo said:

the NCS is not a nosecone, is a fuel tank adapter.

Because people screamed for years "there should be fuel in these massive, empty, useless structural parts" until the devs got the idea "You know what?  Maybe we should put fuel in these massive empty useless structural parts" and they put fuel in these massive, empty, useless structural parts.  They also added the ability to change the amount of fuel in the VAB in case you really did just need an empty nosecone.

Edited by Corona688

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.