Question for the forums

Ikkjot

Im new to the forums so I don’t understand some stuff

One for your profile picture can you use gifs? 

Two why when your looking at a forum it has a warning sign but when you go back to the home page it has a lock? Isn't it supposed to be locked for both?

Also 3 how do we add photos on mobile.? I know it says add a website but how do we do that on mobile?

The profile pic must be a still image. What warning sign and lock are you seeing? Where? I don't use mobile so someone else will have to field that one. The thing below the quote button is called a signature. You can add one through your profile page and it will appear on each of your posts. 

And welcome to the forum. :)

1 hour ago, Vanamonde said:

What warning sign and lock are you seeing?

Website Link. On most websites I see a lock and on some forums here it had a warning sign I don't know if its just me but it does have a warning. I do have pictures but I still have no clue how to send a picture. 

26 minutes ago, Ikkjot said:

Website Link. On most websites I see a lock and on some forums here it had a warning sign I don't know if its just me but it does have a warning. I do have pictures but I still have no clue how to send a picture. 

Could you post a picture of what you're seeing?  We're not quite sure what you're talking about. 

Most of your questions will be answered by this thread and the links it contains:

5 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Could you post a picture of what you're seeing?

I don't think you noticed but I can't send pictures because when I try it says "Insert image from URL" and there no way to drop the picture in like you can do with the profile pictures. 

Also what I saw was basically this

:warning:  forum.kerbalspsceprogram.com

the thing that it should be is

:Lock: forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com

For this forum it is locked but for some older ones lets say What did you do in KSP Today it has a warning symbol.

Lock basically means the website is secure but warning is basically not secure. 

2 minutes ago, Ikkjot said:

I don't think you noticed but I can't send pictures because when I try it says "Insert image from URL" and there no way to drop the picture in like you can do with the profile pictures. 

And I don't think you noticed the link I provided which includes a link that goes to a thread called "How to use The forums", which describes exactly how to post pics on the forums.

But simply, you just paste the URL from the image link into the post itself.

So, please, post a pic of what you're seeing.   We've never heard of this being reported before. 

1 hour ago, Ikkjot said:

:warning:  forum.kerbalspsceprogram.com

the thing that it should be is

:Lock: forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com

For this forum it is locked but for some older ones lets say What did you do in KSP Today it has a warning symbol.

Lock basically means the website is secure but warning is basically not secure. 

Having looked around and thought about what you said, I think you are referring to the https://  in the address bar of your browser?   If so, all pages that I have visited on the forums are listed as secure, along with everybody else I have talked to.   Note, Moderators are not accessing the forums from special server, we're just normal users like yourself, so we're not getting any special access.   This sounds like there is something wrong on your end with your browser or ISP

oh thanks!

1 hour ago, Gargamel said:

And I don't think you noticed the link I provided which includes a link that goes to a thread called "How to use The forums", which describes exactly how to post pics on the forums.

Oh I didn't see it I thought that was you replying to me but thanks!

I just read it and I didn't seem to find anything helping with pictures and links. Are you sure its there?

I heard that you can change it from your profile but I can't seem to do that. I went to my profile and saw nothing called  "Add Description" or "Description" 

Could someone help? I am on mobile by the way,

Edited by Ikkjot

23 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

@Ikkjotto avoid cluttering the forums, I've merged your topics.

Under your profile, you can click "edit profile".

Most of your questions can be answered by reading the links I have already provided.

okay thanks!

Edited by Ikkjot