[Discontinued] Event Horizon Visuals

Heliocentric

EVENT HORIZON VISUALS [EARLY WIP THREAD]

A while back, I dont remember exactly what day, I was sitting at my desk, wondering what planet pack I should use for my KSP Cinematic, based on interstellar

I had a few things down.

1. Had to have a black hole
  2. Had to be interstellar based
  3. Had to be visually stunning (none of this kargantua bs)

I had found exactly that; Event Horizon, the planet pack by GrandProtectorDark

Download Event Horizon here: 

And then I downloaded it, excited to finally have figured out what to do about my black hole situation.

This was it! This was the planet pack!

And then... stock atmospheres

unknown.png

So I took matters into my own hands.

Enter, Event Horizon Visuals.

EVH2.png

A visual pack for Event Horizon, with help from @Caps Lock and input from @GrandProtectorDark!

Here is the planet list so far:

unknown.png

ROMILLY

unknown.png

DOYLE

unknown.png

BRAND

More updates to come soon, so consider following this thread if you're interested!

Future ideas:

-Eve clouds to come in the future 

-Beyond home like structures (?)

-Parallax support (?)

Edit: complete forum revamp

Edited by Heliocentric

UPDATES - SCATTERER SEMI-FINAL CONFIGS

unknown.png

BRAND (Semi-Final)

The updated look of brand, could be here to stay, could not, only time will tell (EVE Configs still on hold until all atmospheres are done)

*Based off of the atmosphere from the ground in the movie

unknown.png

DOYLE (Semi-Final)

Semi final look of Doyle, I desaturated the colors to match the gray look that the movie has, should hopefully look great once the EVE configs are in place

Large hurricane storm - EVE config suggestion by GrandProtectorDark

unknown.png

ROMILLY (Semi-Final)

Same look, new angle!

"KSP LOADING" BUT CHANGE IT SO THAT THE TEACHER DOESNT NOTICE

EHV Development Update 12/9/20

Work on the EVE clouds has started! Huge thanks to capslock for teaching me everything I know so far!
The new EVE clouds will begin setup today, only one config however. Capslock is going to be teaching me how to do the EVE configs for Doyle, and after that im going to be finishing off the rest of the scatterer configs which will lead me into the remaining EVE configs

Possible future visual features for Event Horizon:

-Ground shaders

-Custom sunflares

-Parallax support(?)

Thats all for now, heres a cool picture I got from Brand's surface on a lander mission:

unknown.png

Update like 3 i think (From my phone so no fancy formatting)

Reworking Brand's atmosphere for movie accuracy, and work still hasnt started on the EVE clouds just yet 

School is going to be a big block in the middle of getting this done, it'll take twice as long to make is my guess 

EHV Development Update 12/16/20

Currently pausing production while I record the kerbin sections of my KSP cinematic, I uninstalled EventHorizon and put it in a folder with the visual mod for safekeeping

Im also had a couple issues with Kopernicus, so that could delay the progress even further

For now im going to go quiet until ive made some serious progress, before I uninstalled I started working on a revamp of Brand, so lets see how that turns out whenever I come back to this

Edited by HelioCentric

58 minutes ago, HelioCentric said:

EHV Development Update 12/16/20

Currently pausing production while I record the kerbin sections of my KSP cinematic, I uninstalled EventHorizon and put it in a folder with the visual mod for safekeeping

Im also had a couple issues with Kopernicus, so that could delay the progress even further

For now im going to go quiet until ive made some serious progress, before I uninstalled I started working on a revamp of Brand, so lets see how that turns out whenever I come back to this

ok!

Cannot wait to see what you did!

• 2 weeks later...

EHV Development Update 12/30/20

The "Guess who's back, back again" update

Finally decided to get back on this, currently tackling the issue ive been having recently with Scatterer and Eve not loading, hopefully will get done very soon

Not much to say right now, I'm photoshopping a logo right now while I wait for support in the Kopernicus discord, but for now

Sneak Peek of the new config for Romilly:

Screenshot_20201230-010417_YouTube.jpg

Reference image ^

unknown.png

What ive got down in the config tool as of right now (Wont look exact because of the cloud coverage and the surface)

oh yeah I forgot to mention 

i did a bad thing and made brand look super bad

unknown.png

Edited by HelioCentric

42 minutes ago, HelioCentric said:

EHV Development Update 12/30/20

The "Guess who's back, back again" update

Finally decided to get back on this, currently tackling the issue ive been having recently with Scatterer and Eve not loading, hopefully will get done very soon

Not much to say right now, I'm photoshopping a logo right now while I wait for support in the Kopernicus discord, but for now

Sneak Peek of the new config for Romilly:

Reference image ^

unknown.png

What ive got down in the config tool as of right now (Wont look exact because of the cloud coverage and the surface)

oh yeah I forgot to mention 

i did a bad thing and made brand look super bad

unknown.png

The greatest reference image in the history of man:

IT WAS FUN WHILE IT LASTED.

EHV Development Update 1/7/21, the final update

After weeks of 0 work going into this mod, I thought it would be time to discontinue it.

Its 1 day before the 1 month anniversary of this mod.  When I had first started this, I thought I would've been done by now, but recently I've had a lack of motivation to make any progress.

The light at the end of the tunnel.

While it is sad to see this mod go before it's even released, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

An unnamed planet pack went into production last Friday, and so far the results are promising, especially since this is my first time legitimately making a planet pack.

A development thread will open soon, so make sure to keep following this thread so you can be notified when its released.

Images of the new pack:

Spoiler

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Current plans: (more planets will be added later, it will come in two forms that you can chose from: an interstellar mod, and a stock system replacer.)

Spoiler

unknown.png

Every journey has it's end.

-Helio 

Edited by Heliocentric

Spoiler

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

There was not much fun to last helio.

I think a mod like this needs more time than just a month before you give up on it.

Could ya keep that in mind when you make that other pack.

Give mods more time...

My final message...

Goodbye...

Edited by Minmus Taster

1 hour ago, Minmus Taster said:

Reveal hidden contents

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

There was not much fun to last helio.

I think a mod like this needs more time than just a month before you give up on it.

Could ya keep that in mind when you make that other pack.

Give mods more time...

My final message...

Goodbye...

I think if someone voluntarily wants to work on a mod and then finds it isn't fun, or whatever the reason, and stops that is ok.

Maybe it was because he was working on someone elses creation and lost motivation.  Maybe he just wanted to create something from scratch.

What's not so great is those who feel like throwing salt at them.  It isn't like you were paying for a mod to be made.  All modders are voluntarily using their free time to create something and then are generous enough to share it with the world.

If you think the mod needs more time, you could try working on it.

12 minutes ago, goldenpsp said:

I think if someone voluntarily wants to work on a mod and then finds it isn't fun, or whatever the reason, and stops that is ok.

Maybe it was because he was working on someone elses creation and lost motivation.  Maybe he just wanted to create something from scratch.

What's not so great is those who feel like throwing salt at them.  It isn't like you were paying for a mod to be made.  All modders are voluntarily using their free time to create something and then are generous enough to share it with the world.

If you think the mod needs more time, you could try working on it.

Yea.

That other planet pack looks cool tho.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.