When did you start playing KSP?

Kerbal Productions

I believe I started only in late July. I got my first mod (Kerbal Engineer) after a month of a stock career playthrough. I haven't gone past the Mun, having only sent a probe to Minmus and I'm already playing RSS/RO/RP-1!

Should've discovered KSP sooner :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2020 at 4:25 PM, pandaman said:

March 2013.   v0.18.3.

My earlier post^

Been thinking about this...

KSP is different to many games in that we have been playing 'the same game' for years, yet we have had many updates and additions in that time.  It has evolved a lot so is not actually the same game as it was 'way back when...'   It is in practice many new 'releases', but served to us as free updates, so it feels like the same game

Take say CoD or FIFA as examples.  Each new 'release' is a new purchase, so even though it is often essentially the same as last year's but with a few changes (such as new maps/teams/players, or a different historical setting) and gameplay enhancements/changes it still feels like a 'new game' because it is a fresh purchase. 

When you play the latest release do you consider time spent on the very similar previous version as 'time played' or do you start from 'zero' again?  Although, where KSP differs a lot is that we can transfer our progress 'saves' from one release to the next.

Version 0.22

Don't remember when exactly... But I remember going to see one of "The Hobbit" movies with a friend.  Let me google that.
Probably early November 2012.  Or maybe it was "The Desolation of Smog" ?  in which case it's early November 2013.

Anyways it was 0.22 for a lil while then they switched it to 0.23(.5) for the first gathering of science.
Once science was introduced I was hooked.  The completionist in me always design contraptions for maximum science :) 

Started back in 2014 with the demo, forgot about it and rediscovered it in 2016, (1.12) actually buying it. I've been playing that long and can only go to minmus and back (mainly because I have this weird habit of making a new game every time and staring from the beggining with orbit, in sandbox mode...)

Tried to get it in 2014, waited a long time for it to be on the 3DS, gave up and got it on computer in 2018.

41 minutes ago, Xemina said:

Started back in 2014 with the demo, forgot about it and rediscovered it in 2016, (1.12) actually buying it. I've been playing that long and can only go to minmus and back (mainly because I have this weird habit of making a new game every time and staring from the beggining with orbit, in sandbox mode...)

oh yeah the demo haha, that was fun

I first played KSP right around the start of November of 2011.  It was a very different game back in 0.11, there was a whole lot more spontaneous unplanned disassembly and a whole lot less actually reaching orbit.

I've been playing this game for 9 years now.  And it still leaves me with a sense of joy every time I play it.  That is insane.

• 2 weeks later...

August 1 2019 with a free hacked version (1.3 ish) to see if I liked the game. Then on July 2020, I officially bought KSP from Steam (version 1.9.1 IIRC).

Edit: I also had previous knowledge about orbital mechanics when I started playing.

Edited by computercat04

July 9th, 2013 (I checked steam)

I don't remember that day much, but I do remember July 4th, where a friend came over and showed me this game, which at first sounded like a boring management game. I then proceeded to spend then next few days just playing the demo. Feverishly learning how to build a rocket, get to orbit, transfer to the Moon, land and get back alive.

I told myself I'd be able to play the demo until some steam summer sale to save a few bucks, and I'd lose interest. 

I was wrong and broke down and bought the game a few days later. Since then I've been happily putting down more money for any and ever expansion pack.

To this day I have yet to go to all the planets. To this day I'm still planning my "journey to Jool" mission, and to this day I'm having a blast. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.