When did you start playing KSP?

Kerbal Productions

2012 or 2013 but it was me gaming with a friend - he owned the game.

According to steam support info page, I got my own version 25th of April 2013.

But I did take longer breaks from the game - first time when managing to land on Mun, second time when managing to land on Duna and now when I have managed to land on each moon and planet in the system. Each time when I came back there was ton of new functionality and game play had changed (heat was no issue first time I played and you could use jet engines to reach orbit).

So according to steam got 670 hours times played so I haven't clocked in nowhere near the time some players have despite owning the game for long time. Hence the username.

Edited by IncompetentSpacer

Jan 2012, think it was v0.13. I remember landing on the mun using control fins as landing gear, and doing a solar orbit before there were any other planets.

Things seem to have gone a bit heavy duty and reliable recently, most engines and fuel tanks now are massive. My rockets in the early days were rusty old barrels held together with struts. I kinda miss the whole wobbly rockets thing.

KSP was one of, if not the first, Alpha/Betas I ever bought into.  My buy in date was Aug 12, 2011.  I remember the buy in price was $7.  I was so hooked on the free early Alpha versions, that I went and gave Squad a whole $10!  :sticktongue:

According to my account I bought the game on March 31, 2013, but I played the 0.18 demo for a few weeks before that.

I remember deciding that before I spent money on the extra features from the full version I wanted to make sure I was good enough to actually use them. So after achieving my first Mun landing I gave myself the goals of performing a rendezvous and dock (using landing legs to create a makeshift claw since there were no docking ports in the demo) in both Kerbin and Mun orbit, and then doing a full orbit around the Sun and returning to Kerbin to simulate an interplanetary flight (and also crashing into the Sun just because).

March 2013 with the release of 0.19 and the game becoming available through Steam. Steam thinks I've played about 400 hours,  but since I start the game via desktop shortcut to the executable, independent of Steam, it's much closer to 2,000 hours at this point.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.