Is there a 1.10.1 compatible mod that allows transferring liquid fuel + oxidizer together (in the correct ratio)?

JupiterJaeden

The title pretty much sums it up. Preferably I'm looking for a CKAN compatible mod, but I'll just manually install it if necessary. 

EDIT: To clarify, I'm looking for something that lets you do this through manual resource transfer and across docking connections. 

EDIT 2: To anyone in the future who comes to this thread looking for the same answer I was, just use TAC Fuel Balancer. It gives you the necessary functionality plus some nice stuff like the ability to more precisely control resource transfer involving more than 2 tanks. The Lf+Ox combination is under the "Rocket" tab in the TAC FB menu. 

Edited by JupiterJaeden

also, not much has changed in modding in the past few versions, so many mods from 7,8,9 work just fine in 1.10.  I recommend reading the most recent posts in any mod you are looking at and seeing if users report it as working or having issues. 

37 minutes ago, eberkain said:

also, not much has changed in modding in the past few versions, so many mods from 7,8,9 work just fine in 1.10.  I recommend reading the most recent posts in any mod you are looking at and seeing if users report it as working or having issues. 

Not 7.  Squad updated Unity for 1.8, which also changed from .net e.t to .Net 4.  This required many mods to be recompiled, and I don’t trust ANY dll from 1.7.x or earlier on KSP 1.8, 1.9, and 1.10

10 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

There may be moar, @JupiterJaeden but those are off the top of my head... vOv

Do any of these actually let you transfer lf+ox using manual resource transfer (i.e. across docking connections)? I looked through them all and none of them seem to be able to do this.

I would honestly be very surprised if there isn't a mod for this already as it seems like an obvious need, but I'm considering the possibility now that it just doesn't exist. Thanks for the list anyways though, I'm gonna go ahead and install the EVA fuel thing, the simple fuel switch, and the PWB fuel balancer for different reasons. But none of these appear to have the feature I'm looking for. 

1 hour ago, JupiterJaeden said:

Do any of these actually let you transfer lf+ox using manual resource transfer

I use TAC Fuel Balancer in 1.10.1 it has the ability to transfer lf+ox at the same time under the "Rocket" button. You can also individually transfer Liquid Fuel  or Oxidizer under their respective buttons.

Oooo.. I forgot Ship Manifest :P

I have mostly used and preferred TAC FB and PWB...

I would have suggested GPO Speed Pump, also, but it loos like it died with the 1.8+ Unity/NET change :(

And yes, at least TAC  FB can transfer across docking ports/craft, or not... you may have to manually toggle lock/in/out on specific parts... I cant remember... but then you should aldo be using the crossfeed enable/disable on docing ports, IIRC

Edited by Stone Blue

8 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Oooo.. I forgot Ship Manifest :P

I have mostly used and preferred TAC FB and PWB...

I would have suggested GPO Speed Pump, also, but it loos like it died with the 1.8+ Unity/NET change :(

Does PWB have this functionality? Because I think I want some of the other stuff that PWB has anyways, and I'd prefer to just install it instead of both it and TAC FB, which would probably conflict anyways

32 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

I use TAC Fuel Balancer in 1.10.1 it has the ability to transfer lf+ox at the same time under the "Rocket" button. You can also individually transfer Liquid Fuel  or Oxidizer under their respective buttons.

I saw TAC Fuel Balancer earlier but I wasn't sure if it had this functionality, thanks for confirming!

What functionality?

The difference between TAC & PWB, is TAC is *part centric*... lie, you can move fuel between parts, lock parts so they stay empty or full, or whatever amount you want... you can set parts to be "neutral", ie resources flow in/out, lie normal, if TAC wasnt installed... You can set them to only transfer *out*, or only *in*... when you  transfer using TAC, your CoM can and will shift around willy-nilly....

PWB on the other hand, is like, *CoM* centric... it pretty much moves resources around your craft, and you have control over setting it up...
but it seems to focus on moving things around based on where CoM *should* be, or where you want it to be... This might favor aircraft and especially spaceplanes...

They sorta do the same thing, but TAC IIRC, doesnt really automatically balance or focus on your craft's CoM by shifting mass around... it *could* be used that way, I suppose...

Where as PWB is primarily shifting resources around to *specifically* keep your CoM balanced, or in a location you specifically want...

Not sure I explained that accurately or clearly... Its been quite awhile since i actually *played* KSP and used them, for much moar than quic testing while doing something else...
Hopefully, if I'm off, someone else will pipe up and correct me. vOv

2 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

What functionality?

The difference between TAC & PWB, is TAC is *part centric*... lie, you can move fuel between parts, lock parts so they stay empty or full, or whatever amount you want... you can set parts to be "neutral", ie resources flow in/out, lie normal, if TAC wasnt installed... You can set them to only transfer *out*, or only *in*... when you  transfer using TAC, your CoM can and will shift around willy-nilly....

PWB on the other hand, is like, *CoM* centric... it pretty much moves resources around your craft, and you have control over setting it up...
but it seems to focus on moving things around based on where CoM *should* be, or where you want it to be... This might favor aircraft and especially spaceplanes...

They sorta do the same thing, but TAC IIRC, doesnt really automatically balance or focus on your craft's CoM by shifting mass around... it *could* be used that way, I suppose...

Where as PWB is primarily shifting resources around to *specifically* keep your CoM balanced, or in a location you specifically want...

Not sure I explained that accurately or clearly... Its been quite awhile since i actually *played* KSP and used them, for much moar than quic testing while doing something else...
Hopefully, if I'm off, someone else will pipe up and correct me. vOv

I mean the ability to manually transfer lf+ox together in the correct ratio across the same vessel and/or through a docking connection from one part to another

39 minutes ago, JupiterJaeden said:

I mean the ability to manually transfer lf+ox together in the correct ratio across the same vessel and/or through a docking connection from one part to another

YES. :) ...at least TAC does... dont remember about PWB
It treats docked craft as one vessell... if you do NOT want to transfer across docing ports, crossfeed slider/setting on docking ports is observed. (only need one side or the other to toggle, with docked ports)

Edited by Stone Blue

Just now, Stone Blue said:

YES. :)
It treats docked craft as one vessell... if you do NOT want to transfer across docing ports, crossfeed slider/setting on docking ports is observed. (only need one side or the other to toggle, on docked ports)

Wait, are you talking about TAC FB or PWB? I know TAC FB can do this, but can PWB provide a similar functionality? 

1 minute ago, Stone Blue said:

sorry.. you ninja'd my edit/correction :P

Lol sorry, I have browser notifications on so I can do other things while waiting for responses. Thanks for your answers. I think for now I'll just opt with using TAC FB. Although imo there really ought to be a lightweight mod that just has this functionality (and maybe the ability to perform more precise resource transfers in general) without doing anything else. Actually if I get into writing mods this would probably be the first thing I try. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.