[1.8.1] Katniss' Cape Canaveral Extended

kylelander

This addon to @Katniss218's Cape Canaveral Mod adds some weird and completely random launch and landing sites for you.
This mod requires these to function:
Katniss' Cape Canaveral 

Real Solar System

Tundra's Space Center

Aurora Space Center

OSSNTR

Kerbal-Konstructs

Recommended:

AlphaMensae's Modular Launch Pads  (And yes, they are compatible with the new pads)

Installation:

Copy contents of GameData folder to your GameData folder.

Pics or it didn't happen:

TBMdDa5.png

Side View

rVh9b4H.png

That all important Aerial View

wfu74hO.png

North(ish) view

dwgOhFx.png

South(ish) View

Added Launch/Landing Sites:

ALT__39B - Alternate 39B

ALT_39A - Alternate 39A

LZ-1 - Landing zone - SpaceX style

SLC-40 - For all your Falcon 9 Needs

LC-3 - Fictional Launch site

ALT_Runway - 2800m Runway for spaceplanes

LC-20 - Fictional Launch Site

LC-14 - Tundra Launch Complex 14

LC-19 - Tundra Launch Complex 19

LC-36 - Tundra Launch Complex 36

SLC-41 - Falcon 9!

Source Code

Releases

(No spacedock yet, sorry)

No CKAN support as of right now, as Katniss' Cape Canaveral is not indexed right now

Happy Landings!

Bugs and logs always welcome (as always)

Edited by kylelander

Hi, I just installed this into a fresh 1.10.1 KSP install with some other mods but i can't see any of the other launch sites besides the normal Katniss space center ones, and the largest modular launch pad keeps getting clipped into the floor of the launch pad. My current Gamedata folder only has your reccomended mods and the prerequisites for each of them. 

2 minutes ago, Alvi said:

Hi, I just installed this into a fresh 1.10.1 KSP install with some other mods but i can't see any of the other launch sites besides the normal Katniss space center ones, and the largest modular launch pad keeps getting clipped into the floor of the launch pad. My current Gamedata folder only has your reccomended mods and the prerequisites for each of them. 

Could you send me screenshots and logs?

I might be able to help

I will need your:

Player.log

Screenshot of GameData and perhaps a video of the bug is reccomended.

Thanks!

Edited by kylelander

2 minutes ago, Alvi said:

weird... my mod is not installed, so only katniss' sites show up. There should be a "KCCExtended" folder in your GameData folder.

16 minutes ago, kylelander said:

weird... my mod is not installed, so only katniss' sites show up. There should be a "KCCExtended" folder in your GameData folder.

**Sigh** im so sorry. I usually download everything at once and move it to my desktop, then drop everything into my gamedata folder together. I just missed your mod. Works great! 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, D0m1nu2 said:

Hi, I have problem with your launchpads. When I choose the launchúad in VAB to teleport me there, it doesn't work. 
All the times I spawn on the stock launchpad.

Please send me your log file, and ascreenshot of your GameData folder.

Meanwhile, you can try these soloutions:

1. Reinstall my mod and all it's dependancies

2.Relaunch the game

24 minutes ago, kylelander said:

Please send me your log file, and ascreenshot of your GameData folder.

Meanwhile, you can try these soloutions:

1. Reinstall my mod and all it's dependancies

2.Relaunch the game

Log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jlsXf1sjstdZC3WN-baHRQQ5WH2rDhCV/view?usp=sharing
GameData: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y3Jq5o4VIG5CbNQaux0Ir1CMx82rtQd7/view?usp=sharing

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2020 at 6:49 AM, kylelander said:

You can also try opening a new save, and moving the NewInstances folder inside the KCCExtended folder into the one in the Kerbal Konstructs folder.

Still doesnt work. I've also tried different installment. :/

7 hours ago, D0m1nu2 said:

Still doesnt work. I've also tried different installment. :/

I think the problem is with Kerbal Konstructs, because without the Making History DLC it brings you to the defalt launchsite, however in earlier versions of KSP i.e. 1.3 it worked perfectly normally.

10 hours ago, kylelander said:

I think the problem is with Kerbal Konstructs, because without the Making History DLC it brings you to the defalt launchsite, however in earlier versions of KSP i.e. 1.3 it worked perfectly normally.

Oh, that sucks. Well, but the Katniss's 39A and B works fine which is kinda weird.

Hey there,

first post, sorry for my bad english thats not my mother tongue. 

So first, thanks D0m1nu2 for this little extension, had the same idea but i dropped it very fast because of the bad ingame workflow of KK.

I played my last RSS/RO/RP1 playtrough with your extension so I made some changes to the  configs, to bring compatiblity for the Kerbal Construktion Time lauchsite switching. 

So i dont need KSCSwitcher and dont have the annoying Cam Bug.  I forked your Git, so everyone can use it.

On 1/10/2021 at 5:39 PM, D0m1nu2 said:

Oh, that sucks. Well, but the Katniss's 39A and B works fine which is kinda weird.

I think my cfgs should solve your problem, feel free to try it.  Think it was the pad max mass and craft max parts, ksp dont like "0" at this point.

Greetings from Germany

Tuk

3 hours ago, TukTuck said:

Hey there,

first post, sorry for my bad english thats not my mother tongue. 

So first, thanks D0m1nu2 for this little extension, had the same idea but i dropped it very fast because of the bad ingame workflow of KK.

I played my last RSS/RO/RP1 playtrough with your extension so I made some changes to the  configs, to bring compatiblity for the Kerbal Construktion Time lauchsite switching. 

So i dont need KSCSwitcher and dont have the annoying Cam Bug.  I forked your Git, so everyone can use it.

I think my cfgs should solve your problem, feel free to try it.  Think it was the pad max mass and craft max parts, ksp dont like "0" at this point.

Greetings from Germany

Tuk

The 0 stands for unlimited, however Ifavour your soloiton. Could you open a pull request on GitHub?

1 hour ago, kylelander said:

The 0 stands for unlimited, however Ifavour your soloiton. Could you open a pull request on GitHub?

yep, but KCT cant handle it, and it seems the only different between your launchsites and the handmade from Katniss218. So hopefully this will fix D0m1nu2´s problem, but cant confirm at this point.

I forget to say i added a spawnpoint to the alternitiv runway, to launch from it with KCT. Pull request is open .

4 hours ago, TukTuck said:

yep, but KCT cant handle it, and it seems the only different between your launchsites and the handmade from Katniss218. So hopefully this will fix D0m1nu2´s problem, but cant confirm at this point.

I forget to say i added a spawnpoint to the alternitiv runway, to launch from it with KCT. Pull request is open .

Merged.

• 3 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.