after seeing what happened to Cyberpunk... I hope KSP 2 takes their time

Would you rather  

118 members have voted

1. 1. delayed KSP 2 or glitchy/unplayable KSP 2

36 minutes ago, dave1904 said:

You like the game and I don't. It's that simple but I don't get why you keep defending the studio flaw. Cyberpunk doesn't know what it wants to be. I think the leadership is at fault. 

Cyberpunk knows exactly what it wants to be, and that's simply not not a GTA clone, not even close. Both games are in an urban setting and you can steal cars, but the similarities end there.

If I say that GTA is boring because plane flying is not as good as in Flight Simulator it's not "defending GTA" saying that the comparison doesn't make sense.

I liked Cyberpunk because I didn't expect it to be GTA VI, but an action-RPG, and it did move the genre a bit forward, yes it's flawed and bugged as hell, but that's basically a staple of the genre. 

44 minutes ago, vv3k70r said:

What planets?

I'm spending most of time in VAB/SPH. Is there world outside?

I too spend lots of time in the VAB, but if you look out the door you will see the world.

Seriously though, the lack of beautiful vistas in this game harms its appeal in my opinion

Edited by mcwaffles2003

55 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

Seriously though, the lack of beautiful vistas in this game harms its appeal in my opinion

Bugs in phy are more harmfull. I can live with graphic (in case I build a base I switch graphic to minimum any way, because phy on such mass of parts like 8conected vehicles have some iisue with framerate).

56 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

I too spend lots of time in the VAB, but if you look out the door you will see the world.

World outside is for Jeb and Valentina. VAB is for me :)

I run a factory, then a smaller factory/workshop as hobby, and I have game with VAB - it is something for shrink. I'm just not the type that is after beutifull views. So it dose not play any roll for me. See there are diferent type of expectations from players. I do not think we can include it all same time - computing power is limited. If Kerbals would be a 2d sprites I can live with that. But if on game load phy tearing apart vessels because of how it load (and I have to switch cheats for a second for loading) I take it as offence (but I know how it work and why they did it).

On 12/27/2020 at 8:00 PM, Master39 said:

One game relies on random NPC interactions for the most part of its content the other doesn't, remove the NPCs and minigames from GTA and nothing worth playing remains.

Speak for yourself.  I've spent days in the deserts and mountains of gta v doing nothing but bicycle stunts, base jumps, motorcycle jumps, plane stunts, etc. I like cyberpunk 2077... but the only thing there is to do is- drive from point A to B and kill said enemies. It was fun for two days..... if I hadn't played gta v so much already I'd crank it up and give a real game a go.

16 minutes ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

I've spent days in the deserts and mountains of gta v doing nothing but bicycle stunts, base jumps, motorcycle jumps, plane stunts, etc.

Same here, more with GTA SA than with V (I hated their very active war against single player and modding, but that's another story), but the few incentives and interactive events were not the reason, it's simply fun to do that.

I'm doing the same in Cyberpunk with parkouring and in quite a few occasions it granted me an alternative path into some gig, and exploring the map by car granted me a free Caliburn.

28 minutes ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

but the only thing there is to do is- drive from point A to B and kill said enemies.

If you reduce the game to that, but you could say the same of GTA.

But again, we're comparing two completely different games, I've seen things in Elite Dangerous while flying in my Red Owl (Diamondback Explorer) that I can only dream of in Kerbal, but that doesn't make Kerbal an interior game in any way, just the idea of comparing the two doesn't make sense.

On 12/28/2020 at 1:38 PM, vv3k70r said:

Bugs in phy are more harmfull. I can live with graphic (in case I build a base I switch graphic to minimum any way, because phy on such mass of parts like 8conected vehicles have some iisue with framerate)

Complete and utter disregard with legacy is so (or more) harmful as physics bugs. Physics bugs we can manage most of the time (see KSP-Recall and World Stabiliser), but there're no time enough in the world to redo every single add'on that breaks on every release.

I'm still playing on KSP 1.7.3 because of this - and I'm not alone, recently I had read about a fellow Kerbonaut that finally updated his gaming to... 1.3.1 (he was using 1.2.2 until that time). I'm not talking about random users, but some veterans that used to publish thing I enjoy - content creators, the kind of user we need to keep people interested.

Frankly, sometimes I wonder if would not be easier to just hack 1.7.3 to use .NET 4.x (found a hack for this out there), and then try to backport some of the new stock parts to it. :D 

On 12/26/2020 at 8:59 AM, Bej Kerman said:

It is incredible that there are people who believe, to this day, a product shovelled out in 5 seconds is better than one that had time put into it. :unnecessary and cringy gif:

It is postponed twice, postponed more than a year, but we applaud marketing decisions and institutional videos. And that's nothing, if you delay again, we applaud waiting for the final product to shine like gold. 
And if that weren't short, we'll get angry at those who criticize the delays against what's promised.

10 hours ago, dprostock said:

we'll get angry at those who criticize the delays against what's promised.

Nobody here is getting angry at people criticizing the delays, we're arguing the problem what it could mean and what it doesn't.

People is "getting angry" at the amount of mockery posts that are a simple "Y'all mad if you think waiting is going to result in a perfect game" because noone is saying that, the point of this whole thread and of bringing in Cyberpunk is the exact opposite.

Cyberpunk was delayed and it's flawed, but not because of the delays, in fact it is flawed in spite of them. Cyberpunk wasn't delayed enough. The game should never have been released in 2020 and probably they should have waited at least until holiday season 2021, a year from now.

I love the game, I'm at 93 hours, 16 into my second run, I think it's a great game that will be remembered positively in the future (just like F:NV) but it's pretty obvious that the devs had to rush it to release, cut content and take shortcuts to get it to release and it's the map itself that tells us so, with its omnipresent garages already made for a car customization feature that was never finished and ultimately cut or with the monorail that has half finished stations and elevators ready for a train system that was't made in time for release (and was replaced at last minute by the fast travel pillar system).

People not playing it now isn't seeing that, and they will flock back screaming: "they pulled a NMS" when the devs will start finishing those systems and market them as "free DLCs" (they already opened a site for that).

Usually people in these circumstances throw around Miyamoto's famous quote:"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." with all due respect I don't agree, in these days of easily distributed patches and DLCs even rushed games eventually get good, it just takes way more time but then memory of the controversies fade, the nostalgia effect kicks in and then nobody remembers the price the rush to release costed, all the missed opportunities, all the visible seams and scars between the original base and the fixes and nobody ever notice that it would have been a more painless experience and cost less to just delay the game once again.

Edited by Master39

On 12/30/2020 at 7:13 AM, Master39 said:

Usually people in these circumstances throw around Miyamoto's famous quote:"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." with all due respect I don't agree, in these days of easily distributed patches and DLCs even rushed games eventually get good, it just takes way more time but then memory of the controversies fade, the nostalgia effect kicks in and then nobody remembers the price the rush to release costed, all the missed opportunities, all the visible seams and scars between the original base and the fixes and nobody ever notice that it would have been a more painless experience and cost less to just delay the game once again.

I gotta say, there is something very addict-like about this process...maybe its the whole "shareholder-profit-above-all-else" mentality, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out they could make more shareholder profit by not constantly screwing the pooch. I half-expect AAA studios to come out and say "ok, jokes over, it was all a social experiment to see just how much unfinished garbage you guys are happily willing to toss your money at while sending us death threats out the other side of your mouth"

Totally agree with the OP, and I also want to add that seeing the KSP1 launch made me feel the same way.

Really hope the management above the KSP2 devs doesn't push them to release a broken KSP2 by a specific date, although given how KSP1 and The Witcher 3 survived their initial launch states I can't say there's really strong incentive to get it right at launch provided they're willing to continue to support the game and eventually make it better since that usually makes gamers more willing to accept a rocky launch.