Kerbal Space Program 1.11: "Some Reassembly Required" Grand Discussion Thread

UomoCapra

12 minutes ago, nestor said:

The animation runs depending on the position of the engineer.  Sometimes it won't run since the laser would be obstructed by something else.

I tried again and managed to get the animation to play, but it seems to be a bit finicky. You have to be pretty much dead-on for it to work.

I also noticed that a part will revert to its default variant when it's attached, but it'll return to the variant you chose if you drop the part before picking it back up and attaching it. I'll report this to the bug tracker as soon as it's updated to include 1.11.

The EVA Science animation is an absolute riot.  EVA Construction seems solid so far.  The addition of the visor is great!  The inventory system is user friendly. Loving the look and function of the new lights.  RCS additions oh so welcome, especially the tiny one.  I'm having some shadow flickering, but enjoying too much to care right now.  This seems really fun so far, I hope its a solid release. Thank you. Happy Holidays everyone.

9 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

* Fix Fuel tanks could get stuck with no references to transfer resources when opening and closing PAWs while a transfer was being done

Infinity War Yes GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

28 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I tried again and managed to get the animation to play, but it seems to be a bit finicky. You have to be pretty much dead-on for it to work.

I also noticed that a part will revert to its default variant when it's attached, but it'll return to the variant you chose if you drop the part before picking it back up and attaching it. I'll report this to the bug tracker as soon as it's updated to include 1.11.

Its there now, Throw it in and well be keeping an eye on things. Thanks

At times, I do wonder how much new content is directly descended from mods that have been in KSP for years. We had our Infernal Robotics and Tantares DLCs, now we have our KAS/KIS update.

Nevertheless I understand that an idea is different from its implementation, and I must acknowledge that there is a large KSP community that plays stock. This update is certainly well worth it.

Edited by Matuchkin

30 minutes ago, fragtzack said:

How the heck is this not release 1.2 ?

You must not be familiar with the conventions for version numbers. It is not a regular decimal number, the period is simply a deliminator to separate major and minor versions. So 1.2 came out a long time ago. And 1.9 came before 1.10. 1.99 will come before 1.100 etc. 

I was just testing out the navlights by adding them to the Ares 3A in a brand new save.  I only have the base game and DLCs installed at the moment.  I configured the navlights properly, using the toggle symmetry to get them in the same mirrored position, and set their colors accordingly.   Upon launch, I warped to nighttime and turned on the lights, and both appeared as white.  I could fix this in-flight via the PAW but this behavior seems odd.  I'm also wondering what the light emission option means.  I figured that out it makes the light show up on the part and in the world, while turning it off leaves the light looking like its on but does not model its effects on other things.

Edit:

I ran some more tests and found this behavior is caused by turning the light on and off.  Each time you do that in the editor, you have to set the color to the desired color again.

Edited by GKSP

1 minute ago, neistridlar said:

You must not be familiar with the conventions for version numbers. It is not a regular decimal number, the period is simply a deliminator to separate major and minor versions. So 1.2 came out a long time ago. And 1.9 came before 1.10. 1.99 will come before 1.100 etc. 

In addition, KSP 2.0 would be completely different from KSP 2 1.0

18 minutes ago, TriggerAu said:

Its there now, Throw it in and well be keeping an eye on things. Thanks

Done: https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/26850

I also added the issue with the animation, it can barely be considered a bug but I want to make sure it's visible to you guys: https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/26851

Thanks so much for this update, it's been great fun so far! :)

This update is going to pretty much rewrite the requirements for low mass missions. Now engineers will become the most used kerbal for these since they can detach/attach parts, detach spent EVA fuel tanks, etc.

Edited by camacju

First ,Congrats on release & Happy Holidays Squad

2 hours ago, SQUAD said:

Some Reassembly Required is the game’s latest major free update

bittersweet ,thanks for the best game ever & the coolest community

btw. what a day, a austrian (Josef Aschbacher)became director of ESA and the best/last free ksp update happend. historic day

BK

I was doubtful this update could provide any value over what we already had with common mods, however I can see that the KSP Team has put some real thought into this update! I'm so excited to upgrade! Great job team!

Edited by JedTech

7 minutes ago, RyanRising said:

Hallelujah, the fuel transfer bug is fixed! Also, got a good chuckle out of this:

* Amended dV and orbit calcs to use Double precision.
[some other patch notes snipped]
* Amended dV and orbit calcs to use Double precision.

This means we got Quadruple precision, right?