Why is this hatch blocked? (Unless transfer option is used)

After short break, I wanted to test new KSP update and I am getting now message that the design below has blocked hatch (nobody can go EVA. On other hand if I use transfer option I can put kerbals on EVA and then they are able to enter the craft normally.

See the image of the mentioned hatch below:

SVtKPrZ.png

Edited by IncompetentSpacer

I have the same issue, hatch was not blocked in 1.10.1, but now in 1.11 my kerbal cant exit. My craft has also the chutes on the side but it does not seem to come from there. 

I did some trials in the VAB, by removing all the parts attached to the command pod (chutes, ladder) but my kerbal still cant get out.

How can I get the developers attention to this issue?

On 12/18/2020 at 10:32 AM, jimmymcgoochie said:

Try moving the parachutes a little further away from the hatch?

No effect. Even if I removed everything on the command pod, I still get the hatch blocked message. Even if I load the design from VAB (new space craft) I get the same bug.

Only when I removed the SEQ-9 container module attached to the top of the command pod, did the message disappear. Reattaching it again in the VAB did not cause the error message again. So this is IMHO perhaps patch related if they fiddled with dimensions of the container modules.  Pure speculation by me of course.

Only by choosing transfer crew option via menu and then choosing EVA option, can Kerbals disambark. They can enter the command plot normal way.

Edited by IncompetentSpacer

5 hours ago, IncompetentSpacer said:

No effect. Even if I removed everything on the command pod, I still get the hatch blocked message. Even if I load the design from VAB (new space craft) I get the same bug.

Only when I removed the SEQ-9 container module attached to the top of the command pod, did the message disappear. Reattaching it again in the VAB did not cause the error message again. So this is IMHO perhaps patch related if they fiddled with dimensions of the container modules.  Pure speculation by me of course.

Only by choosing transfer crew option via menu and then choosing EVA option, can Kerbals disambark. They can enter the command plot normal way.

Good to know there is a workaround with the transfer crew option. I think this has to do with part clipping. Two of my craft in orbit have this problem, and I did some tests in the VAB:

- First one is a rover with all science experiments and an OP-E scanning arm. The scanning arm could potentially clip through the command pod while deployed. I removed it and now the hatch is not obstructed.

- Second one is an Eve propeller plane, I have a science jr which is half inside the Mk2 cockpit. Moving the science jr so that it didnt clipped through anymore solved the problem.

The scanning arm is annoying, there is no way i can put it far enough to avoid hatch obsctruction

3 hours ago, kerbonaut23452345 said:

Good to know there is a workaround with the transfer crew option. I think this has to do with part clipping.

I verified now that clipping is the reason but I as far as I can observe is not the only reason. I am one of the purist when it comes to parts clipping (although sometimes you cannot avoid it) and try to avoid it in order to not offend and summon the kraken.

But as you state - parts that potentially can clip may trigger this message. I have section with a rover which has a large scanning arm. When in dormant state it cant in any way clip with the command section below. By detaching the stage with rover from the spacecraft the Kerbals could leave and enter the command pod without problems. SEQ-9 component was definetly not clipping in any way but the rover section above it may be the culprit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.