Best SSD+HDD configs for KSP?

I have my KSP installation on an internal SSD. It loads much faster, but I'm also aware that it is best to move frequently written/rewritten files moved out of the SSD, and onto an HDD. My question is, does anyone have a list of which files would be best to put onto an HDD, and if so, are there any mods, to speed up the setup of that sort of configuration? Something that moves the required files to a specified location on the HDD and then creates the required symlinks/shortcuts to those files? I'd assume the logs should get moved if possible, and perhaps the game saves. Is there anything else that anyone thinks should get moved? (Maybe in KSP 2, they could give us a built in option to do this during the installation!)

54 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

@Michel Bartolone  All of KSP's files need to be in the same root folder for the game to work, and as far as I know you can't have parts of the same folder on different drives.  I think the best option would be to put KSP in its entirety on your SSD for the best loading times and performance.

It _is_ possible to use multiple drives with symlinks.  But expect to descend int symlink hell when you start having other symlinks refer to existing symlinks, etc  Very easy to fall down the rabbit hole.

5 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It _is_ possible to use multiple drives with symlinks.  But expect to descend int symlink hell when you start having other symlinks refer to existing symlinks, etc  Very easy to fall down the rabbit hole.

Oh interesting, I didn't know that. Would going through KSP's entire directory and choosing which files to put on which drive actually be worth the effort though? You'd free up space and maybe lengthen the life of your drives (I guess) but are there other benefits over just having the entire directory on one drive?

Edited by RealKerbal3x

26 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Oh interesting, I didn't know that. Would going through KSP's entire directory and choosing which files to put on which drive actually be worth the effort though? You'd free up space and maybe lengthen the life of your drives (I guess) but are there other benefits over just having the entire directory on one drive?

Well, you could have a single directory for Squad and SquadExpansion.  Even if on the same SSD, you can reduce the storage space used by each install

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.