organized Kerbals

I have  a number of Kerbals now and would like to organize them by careers.  I want pilots together, engineers together, and scientists together.   As it is now they are a jumbled up mess and I'm tired of going through them all to find the one I want.   Is it possible to make this happen?

On 12/18/2020 at 5:29 PM, miklkit said:

I have  a number of Kerbals now and would like to organize them by careers.  I want pilots together, engineers together, and scientists together.   As it is now they are a jumbled up mess and I'm tired of going through them all to find the one I want.   Is it possible to make this happen?

As far as I can tell, no.

It indeed does not seem to be possible to organize and group the Kerbals.  Apparently everyone plays sandbox where all Kerbals are maxed out, so there is no reason to go looking for one that is qualified for a mission.

I use the suits as a stopgap solutions for telling apart the professions. Pilots keep the standard suit, engineers get the vintage one (from Making History), and scientists get the futuristic one (from Breaking Ground).

You'll need the DLCs for that to be an option though.

1 hour ago, miklkit said:

It indeed does not seem to be possible to organize and group the Kerbals.  Apparently everyone plays sandbox where all Kerbals are maxed out, so there is no reason to go looking for one that is qualified for a mission.

Not sure if that is because of a mod (or several) but in my roster level and profession is displayed for each kerbal. While I could use a bit more  options for organization, the basic is covered.

You can go into the persistent.sfs file for your save and copy/paste your kerbals to a different spot on the list. Open it with a text editor like Notepad and scroll until you find the category named ROSTER. From there, find the kerbal you want to move, highlight everything between the word KERBAL where its definition starts down to where the next kerbal starts, copy and delete it, then make a new line after the kerbal you want it below, then paste.  To avoid messing things up, it's best to make two named quicksaves, one which you edit and then load, and the other as a backup.

Thank you Stamp20.  I found that file and uh ohh, they are large. 

It seems to me that highly Unionized Germany has been knocking the snot outta non Union Murrka for decades.  living here is quite adventurous but methinks you would really not like it here.

On 12/19/2020 at 12:29 AM, miklkit said:

Is it possible to make this happen?

I like to make a huge ground bases and organize them in crew modules/different bases depending what i want.

Its not the best but it might help you in some way.

You can EvA them and then recover them from the tracking station if they are on Kerbin, so you don't have to click one by one.

Edited by Boyster

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.