[1.12] KIFA Kerbal Inventory for All - adds stock inventory to mod containers, put all mod parts in stock containers!

Atlas Gaming

7 minutes ago, Atlas Gaming said:

So I noticed that KIS sort of disables itself... latest KIS includes code to not allow any part which fits into a stock container, to be put in a KIS inventory.  Since part of what my mod does is allow all modded parts to fit inside the stock inventory, KIS then refuses to allow the items in. It's unfortunate as I'd like to have the choice :)

I think KSP 1.11 kind of disables it.  If both are included in a part, which one is the code going to try?  Seems to be the KSP Inventory system and the you see messages about use the Stock Inventory system.

I think I will try your calculation for volume and see what it looks like.

5 minutes ago, pmoffitt said:

Well, using KAS/KIS I updated that to a lot larger number.  Not sure that will work with KSP 1.11 anymore.

Ya KAS allows multiple Kerbals to handle larger parts.. which I think was a great idea for doing big USI Installs. And that appears to be an area the stock game has not duplicated. But in the end I'm hoping this mod won't be needed at all... with all the mod authors defining their parts with 1.11 in mind, and mod containers being made for 1.11 as well. This a just a glue to help use the latest version of the game with older mods and it's set up to only modify mods which have not yet been updated for 1.11 by authors. So even if left in, fewer and fewer pieces will be based on guesses. 

Just now, MadArkael said:

I know many a working engineer, they mostly subscribe to the 'function doesn't necessarily mean form.' :)

Well, they are two different things.  But don't forget fit also.  Should be form, fit and function.

Just now, Atlas Gaming said:

I'm hoping this mod won't be needed at all... with all the mod authors defining their parts with 1.11 in mind, and mod containers being made for 1.11 as well. 

Agreed.  However, how many of our favorite mods will this kill as the authors don't want to rewrite everything to support the new inventory system?

3 minutes ago, pmoffitt said:

I think I will try your calculation for volume and see what it looks like.

It definitely gets hosed on HUGE items.. for things that are 10kb to 1500KG the calculations are pretty close to what I got with stock parts. Above that it's way skewed. But it can be played with just by changing my 12000 number down.

Edited by Atlas Gaming

1 minute ago, Atlas Gaming said:

It definitely gets hosed on HUGE items.. for things that are 10kb to 1500KG the calculations are pretty close to what I got with stock parts. Above that it's way skewed. But it can be played with just by changing my 12500 number down.

Does your exponential formula work better than a linear one?

It definitely gets hosed on HUGE items.. for things that are 10kb to 1500KG the calculations are pretty close to what I got with stock parts. Above that it's way skewed. But it can be played with just by changing my 12500 number down.

For really small things should we just set the volume to 1?  Not sure that really big things should go into inventory anyway.  But, it was nice that some of the medium size engines would fit into the big KIS inventories so I could recycle them from there.

21 hours ago, pmoffitt said:

authors don't want to rewrite everything to support the new inventory system

Hopefully very few... as I've found out by digging in... it's a very easy system to use from a back end perspective. I think IgorZ may be the only one who REALLY needs to do a large rewrite... everyone else just uses his hooks. 

Also I assume the next version of ReStock will have data for all the parts updated as well.

21 hours ago, MadArkael said:

Does your exponential formula work better than a linear one?

I think so... I started with linear, but changed it when I realized that it was screwing up the size of smaller lighter parts. Current formula makes light parts be able to be packed more compactly than heavier parts which are less likely to be foldable. The exponential formula seemed like a better estimator, but only up to 1.5 ton or so. Maybe I'll make it a more complex formula on the next version which fixes the inflation of object over 1 ton. But I do like what it currently does for smaller items and want to keep that. 

EDIT:  latest update goes back to linear 

21 hours ago, pmoffitt said:

For really small things should we just set the volume to 1

Items under 1 can actually be stacked in one slot. There is a reason I did it that way.

Edited by Atlas Gaming

I will be testing and tweaking different methods of computing volume. Please keep in mind this is still pre-1.0 release.  Currently testing item density of .2 This would allow bringing 3 Nerv engines in one of the larger 3.75M containers.

Edited by Atlas Gaming

2 hours ago, Rafael acevedo said:

Not working with kerbal planetary base system base hub, have not tested the rest

Ok just loaded and checked... KPBS is working for all modules that have KIS.

I did not set up a Base inventory previously, only command module inventory, so in the next release I'll add a Base inventory which should add a shared inventory to the Planet Base and other mods of type 'base' 

Edited by Atlas Gaming

1 hour ago, Atlas Gaming said:

Ok just loaded and checked... KPBS is working for all modules that have KIS.

I did not set up a Base inventory previously, only command module inventory, so in the next release I'll add a Base inventory which should add a shared inventory to the Planet Base and other mods of type 'base' 

Thank you kindly, and merry christmas

Next release will address Base, Station, and airlock inventories. Already working in beta.

EDIT:

Already seeing mod working as intended. When Near Future added stock inventories, this mod skipped updating it, and so now every one of their capsules has a different inventory size as defined by mod author @Nertea

Edited by Atlas Gaming

8 minutes ago, Atlas Gaming said:

Send log please... it got 0 errors on my game.

Take a look at spoiler

Spoiler

[LOG 13:14:02.810] Applying update KerbalInventoryForAll/InventoryforAll/@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[Base],!MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]] to PlanetaryBaseInc/BaseSystem/Parts/Command/Control/Automatic_Control_g.cfg/PART[KKAOSS_Automatic_Control_g]
[WRN 13:14:02.810] Cannot find key CrewCapacity in PART
[ERR 13:14:02.810] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key InventorySlots = #$../CrewCapacity$
[WRN 13:14:02.810] Cannot find key CrewCapacity in PART
[ERR 13:14:02.810] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key packedVolumeLimit = #$../CrewCapacity$
[LOG 13:14:02.810] Applying update KerbalInventoryForAll/InventoryforAll/@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[Base],!MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]] to PlanetaryBaseInc/BaseSystem/Parts/Command/Control/Control_g.cfg/PART[KKAOSS_Control_g]
[LOG 13:14:02.810] Applying update KerbalInventoryForAll/InventoryforAll/@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[Base],!MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]] to PlanetaryBaseInc/BaseSystem/Parts/Command/Control/Cupola_g.cfg/PART[KKAOSS_Cupola_g]
[LOG 13:14:02.810] Applying update KerbalInventoryForAll/InventoryforAll/@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[Base],!MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]] to PlanetaryBaseInc/BaseSystem/Parts/Command/Control/Landing_Control_g.cfg/PART[KKAOSS_Landing_Control_g]
[WRN 13:14:02.811] Cannot find key CrewCapacity in PART
[ERR 13:14:02.811] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key InventorySlots = #$../CrewCapacity$
[ERR 13:14:02.811] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key packedVolumeLimit = #$../CrewCapacity$
[LOG 13:14:02.811] Applying update KerbalInventoryForAll/InventoryforAll/@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[Base],!MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]] to PlanetaryBaseInc/BaseSystem/Parts/Science/ScienceLab_g.cfg/PART[KKAOSS_Science_g]
[LOG 13:14:02.811] Applying update KerbalInventoryForAll/InventoryforAll/@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[Base],!MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]] to PlanetaryBaseInc/BaseSystem/Parts/Structural/CrossSection/CrossSection_g.cfg/PART[KKAOSS_CrossSection_g]
[ERR 13:14:02.811] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key InventorySlots = #$../CrewCapacity$
[ERR 13:14:02.811] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key packedVolumeLimit = #$../CrewCapacity$
[LOG 13:14:02.811] Applying update KerbalInventoryForAll/InventoryforAll/@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[Base],!MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]] to PlanetaryBaseInc/BaseSystem/Parts/Utility/Greenhouse/Greenhouse_g.cfg/PART[KKAOSS_Greenhouse_g]
[LOG 13:14:02.812] Applying update KerbalInventoryForAll/InventoryforAll/@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[Base],!MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]] to PlanetaryBaseInc/ModSupport/Parts/LifeSupport/USI-Recycler.cfg/PART[KKAOSS_USI_Recicler_g]
[WRN 13:14:02.812] Cannot find key CrewCapacity in PART
[ERR 13:14:02.812] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key InventorySlots = #$../CrewCapacity$
[WRN 13:14:02.812] Cannot find key CrewCapacity in PART
[ERR 13:14:02.812] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key packedVolumeLimit = #$../CrewCapacity$
[LOG 13:14:02.823] Applying update KerbalInventoryForAll/InventoryforAll/@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[Base],!MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]] to UmbraSpaceIndustries/Konstruction/Parts/PAL_Counterweight.cfg/PART[PAL_Counterweight]
[WRN 13:14:02.823] Cannot find key CrewCapacity in PART
[ERR 13:14:02.823] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key InventorySlots = #$../CrewCapacity$
[ERR 13:14:02.823] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key packedVolumeLimit = #$../CrewCapacity$
[LOG 13:14:02.823] Applying update KerbalInventoryForAll/InventoryforAll/@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[Base],!MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]] to UmbraSpaceIndustries/Konstruction/Parts/PAL_Cradle250.cfg/PART[PAL_Cradle250]
[ERR 13:14:02.823] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key InventorySlots = #$../CrewCapacity$
[ERR 13:14:02.823] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key packedVolumeLimit = #$../CrewCapacity$
[LOG 13:14:02.823] Applying update KerbalInventoryForAll/InventoryforAll/@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[Base],!MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]] to UmbraSpaceIndustries/Konstruction/Parts/PAL_Cradle375.cfg/PART[PAL_Cradle375]
[LOG 13:14:02.823] Applying update KerbalInventoryForAll/InventoryforAll/@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[Base],!MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]] to UmbraSpaceIndustries/Konstruction/Parts/PAL_Hump.cfg/PART[PAL_Humpback]
[LOG 13:14:02.823] Applying update KerbalInventoryForAll/InventoryforAll/@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[Base],!MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]] to UmbraSpaceIndustries/Konstruction/Parts/PAL_Magnet.cfg/PART[PAL_Magnet]
[LOG 13:14:02.824] Applying update KerbalInventoryForAll/InventoryforAll/@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[Base],!MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]] to UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Duna_Agriculture.cfg/PART[Duna_Agriculture]
[LOG 13:14:02.824] Applying update KerbalInventoryForAll/InventoryforAll/@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[Base],!MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]] to UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Duna_Kerbitat.cfg/PART[Duna_Kerbitat]
[LOG 13:14:02.824] Applying update KerbalInventoryForAll/InventoryforAll/@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[Base],!MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]] to UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Duna_Kolonist.cfg/PART[Duna_Kolonist]
[LOG 13:14:02.825] Applying update KerbalInventoryForAll/InventoryforAll/@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[Base],!MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]] to UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Duna_LogCenter.cfg/PART[Duna_LogCenter]
[LOG 13:14:02.825] Applying update KerbalInventoryForAll/InventoryforAll/@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[Base],!MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]] to UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Duna_MedBay.cfg/PART[Duna_MedBay]
[LOG 13:14:02.825] Applying update KerbalInventoryForAll/InventoryforAll/@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[Base],!MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]] to UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Duna_PDU.cfg/PART[Duna_PDU]
[LOG 13:14:02.825] Applying update KerbalInventoryForAll/InventoryforAll/@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[Base],!MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]] to UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Duna_Pioneer.cfg/PART[Duna_Pioneer]
[LOG 13:14:02.825] Applying update KerbalInventoryForAll/InventoryforAll/@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[Base],!MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]] to UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/LightGlobe.cfg/PART[MKS_LightGlobe]
[LOG 13:14:02.825] Applying update KerbalInventoryForAll/InventoryforAll/@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[Base],!MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]] to UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Ranger_AgModule.cfg/PART[Ranger_AgModule]
[LOG 13:14:02.826] Applying update KerbalInventoryForAll/InventoryforAll/@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[Base],!MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]] to UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/Parts/Ranger_AnchorHub.cfg/PART[Ranger_AnchorHub]
[LOG 13:14:02.831] Applying update KerbalInventoryForAll/InventoryforAll/@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[Base],!MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]] to WildBlueIndustries/Pathfinder/Parts/BoxedParts/drillingRig.cfg/PART[wbiDrillingRig]
[LOG 13:14:02.831] Applying update KerbalInventoryForAll/InventoryforAll/@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[Base],!MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]] to WildBlueIndustries/Pathfinder/Parts/Command/Ponderosa.cfg/PART[WBI_Ponderosa]
[LOG 13:14:02.832] Applying update KerbalInventoryForAll/InventoryforAll/@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[Base],!MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]] to WildBlueIndustries/Pathfinder/Parts/Science/DocSciLab.cfg/PART[WBI_DocSciLab]
[LOG 13:14:02.832] Applying update KerbalInventoryForAll/InventoryforAll/@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[Base],!MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]] to WildBlueIndustries/Pathfinder/Parts/Structural/Switchback.cfg/PART[WBI_Switcback]
[WRN 13:14:02.832] Cannot find key CrewCapacity in PART
[ERR 13:14:02.832] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key InventorySlots = #$../CrewCapacity$
[ERR 13:14:02.832] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key packedVolumeLimit = #$../CrewCapacity$
[LOG 13:14:02.832] Applying update KerbalInventoryForAll/InventoryforAll/@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[Base],!MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]] to WildBlueIndustries/Pathfinder/Parts/Structural/Switchback2.cfg/PART[WBI_Switcback2]
[ERR 13:14:02.832] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key InventorySlots = #$../CrewCapacity$
[ERR 13:14:02.832] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key packedVolumeLimit = #$../CrewCapacity$
[LOG 13:14:02.832] Applying update KerbalInventoryForAll/InventoryforAll/@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[Base],!MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]] to WildBlueIndustries/Pathfinder/Parts/Utility/Casa.cfg/PART[WBI_Ponderosa2]
[LOG 13:14:02.832] Applying update KerbalInventoryForAll/InventoryforAll/@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[Base],!MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]] to WildBlueIndustries/Pathfinder/Parts/Utility/Chuckwagon.cfg/PART[WBI_Chuckwagon]
[LOG 13:14:02.832] Applying update KerbalInventoryForAll/InventoryforAll/@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[Base],!MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]] to WildBlueIndustries/Pathfinder/Parts/Utility/Conestoga.cfg/PART[WBI_MBM]
[LOG 13:14:02.832] Applying update KerbalInventoryForAll/InventoryforAll/@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[Base],!MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]] to WildBlueIndustries/Pathfinder/Parts/Utility/Hacienda.cfg/PART[WBI_Hacienda]
[LOG 13:14:02.833] Applying update KerbalInventoryForAll/InventoryforAll/@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[Base],!MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]] to WildBlueIndustries/Pathfinder/Parts/Utility/Mule.cfg/PART[WBI_Conestoga]
[LOG 13:14:02.833] Applying update KerbalInventoryForAll/InventoryforAll/@PART[*]:HAS[#vesselType[Base],!MODULE[ModuleInventoryPart]] to WildBlueIndustries/Pathfinder/Parts/Utility/OldFaithful.cfg/PART[WBI_SmokePipe]
[WRN 13:14:02.833] Cannot find key CrewCapacity in PART
[ERR 13:14:02.833] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key InventorySlots = #$../CrewCapacity$
[WRN 13:14:02.833] Cannot find key CrewCapacity in PART
[ERR 13:14:02.833] Error - Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key packedVolumeLimit = #$../CrewCapacity$

Edited by Jiraiyah

Ok let me try to duplicate an

d see if I can get clean log...  Will post update link here for you to test before updating CKAN.

The reason I didn't send the whole log was that I have tons of mods installed and there is over 75K patches for MM in this instance of game, the section with error entry is exactly what I sent

16 hours ago, eberkain said:

It would be nice if all the Ranger series parts from MKS could be placed into inventory...  :) 

Let me see if there is a reason (volume defined by part for instance) which would prevent them. There could also be a functionality limiting some part types made by Squad, in which care I wouldn't be able to do anything about it. But let me take a look.

Ok here is the problem with making some of the Ranger parts fit in inventory. A part can not both HAVE and inventory and be able to fit INTO an inventory. I'll keep seeing if there is a workaround but, not sure there is one.

On 12/28/2020 at 9:52 PM, eberkain said:

It would be nice if all the Ranger series parts from MKS could be placed into inventory

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.