[1.11.x - 1.12.3] Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey™ [1.3.1]&[1.4.3] [27June 2023]

StarCrusher96

41 minutes ago, furnace3dgaming said:

I reinstalled ksp and installed everything correctly and while ModuleManager is loading everything correctly ksp crashes on startup is there something i can do to fix it? because if i remove ModuleManage GU doesnt load up.

I'll need logs (ksp and kopernicus) and maybe a screen of yur GameData.

40 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

I'll need logs (ksp and kopernicus) and maybe a screen of yur GameData.

this is kopernicus logs https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C7QYFuNxvzi4yVLeLSiun_ObGMiQlIFt/view?usp=sharing

and this is ksp logs https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LlsxxKvxnOMtDIBOBhogqB7ws7XA6-H2/view?usp=sharing

and this is gamedata screenshot https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DNqvdjkc6bxVEqcLRzWEbwToOt5ZjpiR/view?usp=sharing (i put it on google drive cz idk how to move it to the chat thingy)

6 hours ago, furnace3dgaming said:

Make sure i can get access plz.

A somewhat conspicuous omission to the list of compatible and incompatible planet packs is JNSQ. Starting with a stock 1.11 install, GU and JNSQ both work fine alone, but together they cause the game to stall while trying to load the main menu.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Wow! It’s as good as Kerbal Star System! But......

1.I remember that there’s a Mod that can make other Systems in the center of the KSP (that means the stock system will not be in the center, or means that the Kerbol is moving around another star). Is it in this Modpack? Or isn’t in this?

2.Can it be used in KSP 1.3.1+ (a lot of planet mod can be used in form 1.3.1 to 1.9.1)?

3.Is it compatible with Principia?

4 minutes ago, Peter JY said:

Wow! It’s as good as Kerbal Star System! But......

1.I remember that there’s a Mod that can make other Systems in the center of the KSP (that means the stock system will not be in the center, or means that the Kerbol is moving around another star). Is it in this Modpack? Or isn’t in this?

2.Can it be used in KSP 1.3.1+ (a lot of planet mod can be used in form 1.3.1 to 1.9.1)?

3.Is it compatible with Principia?

1. GU has a homeswitch option for two of its planets (3rd one coming soon)

2. I'm pretty sure it only works 1.10+ but you're more than willing to try earlier versions. It might work on 1.8 but I don't thing it's been tested.

3. I don't think so

1 hour ago, Nnimrod said:

A somewhat conspicuous omission to the list of compatible and incompatible planet packs is JNSQ. Starting with a stock 1.11 install, GU and JNSQ both work fine alone, but together they cause the game to stall while trying to load the main menu.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I think we just forgot to add JNSQ :P

Add one question:

4.If I read the source code and reference to part of the source code (not just copy but change something such as classes) and use my thing in my Mod, is it allowed? (换成中文标表述:如果我翻阅并借鉴(借鉴指截取部分有用的代码并将其修改以适配我自己的Mod)源代码,并把借鉴后的结果用在我自己的Mod里,这是不是协议所允许的?)

32 minutes ago, Peter JY said:

Add one question:

4.If I read the source code and reference to part of the source code (not just copy but change something such as classes) and use my thing in my Mod, is it allowed? (换成中文标表述:如果我翻阅并借鉴(借鉴指截取部分有用的代码并将其修改以适配我自己的Mod)源代码,并把借鉴后的结果用在我自己的Mod里,这是不是协议所允许的?)

I'm sorry but editing or deriving new content from GU is not allowed. 
This mod is licensed by Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0)
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/

You can change things only if that means you are not sharing it with anyone else. If you do, you're violating the license and there will be consequences.

please respect this.

Edited by StarCrusher96

52 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

I'm sorry but editing or deriving new content from GU is not allowed. 
This mod is licensed by Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0)
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/

You can change things only if that means you are not sharing it with anyone else. If you do, you're violating the license and there will be consequences.

please respect this.

Oh, I’m sorry to hear that :( . I’ll try to make it only by myself. Thanks a lot.

GU SRX engine has been getting some tuning. Delta-V should be much better, and it will work fine up to 100x time warp with Persistent Thrust.

Sample attempt at a Brachistochrone burn to Dres. Dres Direct in under 14 days.

Spoiler

This is my first ever such burn attempt and I overshot Dres pretty badly.

dGCtlyG.jpg

YzPLwNA.jpg

Been playing around a bit with GU, it's GORGEOUS! Thanks for putting it together. The gravitational mechanics around the black holes is fun to play with.

I have a noob query. Is all interstellar travel direct transfer? Just seems that short of a warp drive (a la KSPIE and Blue) the capture burn is nuts to get into another system, even with Persistent Thrust (was doing this with the SRX). Which I guess...makes sense...

sigh. 

12 hours ago, fumesoflycra said:

Been playing around a bit with GU, it's GORGEOUS! Thanks for putting it together. The gravitational mechanics around the black holes is fun to play with.

I have a noob query. Is all interstellar travel direct transfer? Just seems that short of a warp drive (a la KSPIE and Blue) the capture burn is nuts to get into another system, even with Persistent Thrust (was doing this with the SRX). Which I guess...makes sense...

sigh. 

Thanks!

Yeah interstellar travel isn't easy. Getting somewhere in GU (keep in mind the distance between stars is still 1/100th) requires some creativity. The easiest solution is assembling a ship with a massive amount of deltaV. Kill your orbital speed relative to sun, point at the destination and BURN! Turn around halfway and start breaking.
However there are some good mods that provide alternate ways of transportation (warp, jumppoints,...). 

I'm planning optional wormholes that get you close to certain systems. For example a wormhole around ross128 might lead you 2ly from Betelgeuse. 

Edited by StarCrusher96

On 1/8/2021 at 11:42 AM, furnace3dgaming said:

It appears your kopernicus is just not working. There are no mentions of GU planets so it looks like kopernicus isn't installed correctly or you got the wrong one. You need a Bleeding Edge 1.11 kop.

Edited by StarCrusher96

1 hour ago, ImNawuto said:

Why do I get less then 30 FPS when using this mode? I am not even travelling to the added planets and star systems, the FPS is generally even on Kerbin less than 30.

I'm sorry. You've added a 10fold of celestials than the base game. If you don't got proper pc specs. Expect at least a drop in fps. Also as explained in the installationguide. You choose yourself how much of the mod is being loaded. 

3 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

I'm sorry. You've added a 10fold of celestials than the base game. If you don't got proper pc specs. Expect at least a drop in fps. Also as explained in the installationguide. You choose yourself how much of the mod is being loaded. 

my specs are = gpu is rtx 2070 super, ram is 16GB, CPU is i5-8600k, idk if thats not enough.

my usual FPS is about ~140 , I dont have a lot of vessels, I am still in the SOI of Kerbin.

Edited by ImNawuto

42 minutes ago, ImNawuto said:

my specs are = gpu is rtx 2070 super, ram is 16GB, CPU is i5-8600k, idk if thats not enough.

my usual FPS is about ~140 , I dont have a lot of vessels, I am still in the SOI of Kerbin.

You'll never have 140 with any planetpack :o most planetmods stay around the 50's range (and i'm being very optimistic now). GU ranges between 25 and up. I have solid 40 most of the time and my laptop is ancient.

Edited by StarCrusher96

18 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

You'll never have 140 with any planetpack :o most planetmods stay around the 50's range (and i'm being very optimistic now). GU ranges between 25 and up. I have solid 40 most of the time and my laptop is ancient.

with outer planets, and real exoplanets I still get above 100 FPS when I used it if I remember correctly, not using them anymore.

even so my pc can't handle this specific mod due to KSP's optimization?

Edited by ImNawuto

6 minutes ago, ImNawuto said:

with outer planets, and real exoplanets I still get above 100 FPS when I used it if I remember correctly, not using them anymore.

even so my pc can't handle this specific mod due to KSP's optimization?

There's a general thing about a change in FPS after KSP 1.10. Whether that's KSP, kopernicus or anything else related. I do not know. We planetmakers just provide worlds.