[1.11.x - 1.12.3] Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey™ [1.3.1]&[1.4.3] [27June 2023]

StarCrusher96

1 hour ago, ImperfectMrDogeIV said:

(if this is a duplicate message the reason is because I never thought that the first one posted or i couldn't see it) 
Is there a way to significantly remove lag with out removing planets?

GU can't be more optimized. So i can't really help with this. 
The internet and these forums might provide answers.
https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/1rsb9k/are_there_any_optimization_mods_for_ksp/

Edited by StarCrusher96

11 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

LOAD_Pulsar_PLANET = False -> True

where do I find this in the mod folder? Also, how can I activate the other planets (like atlas and betelgeuse b) from the extra folder? I'm bad at config/pogramming stuff

5 hours ago, Minmus Taster said:

Hmm...the name is familiar but I can't put my finger on it.

The pulsar and its planets are named after undead mythology.

In other news, I spotted a secret "lore" planet. ;) It's described as being a fictional item in kerbalkind's sci-fi entertainment, but then it was found to actually exist. @StarCrusher96 deserves yet another special award for having this idea.

Spoiler

It's a super-Eve orbiting alone in deep(er) space.

SBkP8C9.jpg

Oh thank goodness, this mod is one of the last puzzle pieces to my upcoming project video. I think that calculus homework can wait, I'm taking an antimatter torch drive to Proxima Centauri :). Quick question, but are the star systems on a 3D grid instead of a 2D one? (e.g. Proxima Centauri is "below" the sun on the galactic plane, in the ingame -binormal direction)

4 hours ago, InfoTheGamer said:

Oh thank goodness, this mod is one of the last puzzle pieces to my upcoming project video. I think that calculus homework can wait, I'm taking an antimatter torch drive to Proxima Centauri :). Quick question, but are the star systems on a 3D grid instead of a 2D one? (e.g. Proxima Centauri is "below" the sun on the galactic plane, in the ingame -binormal direction)

Yes they are. All stars are positioned and angled after real life.

23 minutes ago, Grislibar said:

@StarCrusher96 Did something happen?  I hope that everything is ok and that you'll be able to bring it back soon.

Tired of 14y olds demanding me to fix things, when all they have to do is just follow instructions.  They forget I'm just 1 person who made this, this is also not my job.
I might move GU into more private corners for the happy few who are able to install and understand KSP mods.

Edited by StarCrusher96

13 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Tired of 14y olds demanding me to fix things, when all they have to do is just follow instructions.  They forget I just 1 person who made this, this is not my job.
I might move GU into more private corners for the happy few who are able to install and understand KSP mods.

Do what you got to do for your enjoyment of the game.  You're not getting paid for it, so don't worry about those who don't care.  As a software developer, I get it.  I would rather you take your time to fully flesh out things well than rush a buggy product.  If they're really that concerned about the speed that you are developing, then they can branch/fork the solution, develop their own fixes, then provide a pull request for you.  I'd offer to help you out, but I simply don't have the time to take on mod work in addition to my job and taking care of my family.

Sad trombone. The silent majority does not appreciate the vocal minority ruining these waters.

Please people, keep in mind that mod authors are not big software corporations that run on shareholder-driven schedules to meet financial goals. Mod authors are just folks who've spent an ungodly amount of time learning a ton of niche skills because they want to make something cool in KSP and share it with other people. That is the extent of your "rights" as a mod user -- to be grateful that someone just gave you something for free.

The vast majority of mod authors (I used a crap ton of mods) are genuinely appreciative of feedback at the right time and in the right way

Links are back online + minor update. 

From now on I've decided no longer to support installation issues. Only if there are gamebreaking issues, you can contact me via PM - DM. Other things will just be ignored (I guess you'll have to ask the 'GU-community'). Installationguide and clip are on page 1. 

Your former lackey.

Edited by StarCrusher96

I wanted to check if this kind of graphical behavior is typical with this mod? It's not game breaking just a little annoying. The picture of the mountains is with sigma dimensions to scale up the systems but the one where the ocean is invisible is with SD removed to ensure that wasn't the cause.

Oh and the ocean isn't always invisible but if the camera gets too close (not necessarily even under the surface) then it disappears.

Not a huge deal if it can't be fixed but I wanted to see if anyone else has had this.

11 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Sad trombone. The silent majority does not appreciate the vocal minority ruining these waters.

Please people, keep in mind that mod authors are not big software corporations that run on shareholder-driven schedules to meet financial goals. Mod authors are just folks who've spent an ungodly amount of time learning a ton of niche skills because they want to make something cool in KSP and share it with other people. That is the extent of your "rights" as a mod user -- to be grateful that someone just gave you something for free.

The vast majority of mod authors (I used a crap ton of mods) are genuinely appreciative of feedback at the right time and in the right way

THIS times a lot. As someone brand new to KSP and who does a lot of passion-driven free/volunteer work in a very different space, the responses to a lot of mod creators here is pretty gross. Instead of gratitude or Patreon contribs, they instead ask for ASAP fixes instead of figuring it out themselves...or reading the first post/readme in a release.

Thanks again, @StarCrusher96, and folks like you. The amount of heavy-duty nerding enabled by the KSP mod community has made the pandemic/general craptacularity of our present existence far more bearable for a cynical excrementslord like me.

with that, back to learning Premiere by editing KSP into terrible space movie trailers.

Edited by fumesoflycra