[1.11.x - 1.12.3] Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey™ [1.3.1]&[1.4.3] [27June 2023]

StarCrusher96

5 hours ago, Sahadara said:

I wanted to check if this kind of graphical behavior is typical with this mod? It's not game breaking just a little annoying. The picture of the mountains is with sigma dimensions to scale up the systems but the one where the ocean is invisible is with SD removed to ensure that wasn't the cause.

Oh and the ocean isn't always invisible but if the camera gets too close (not necessarily even under the surface) then it disappears.

Not a huge deal if it can't be fixed but I wanted to see if anyone else has had this.

GU doesn't touch Kerbin unless you're doing a homeswitch. So might be interesting to have your logs checked out.

@StarCrusher96 A heads-up, your installation instructions still talk about compressing/decompressing folders for EVE/Scatterer files. However in the latest release version there's no compressed files present, so this had me confused for a good bit. As it stands now it seems this part can now be disregarded entirely, correct?

My jaw dropped upon entering the tracking station with the whole package installed; there's more coolness here than I suspect I will ever get around to doing, and it's top quality too!

1 hour ago, Morphisor said:

@StarCrusher96 A heads-up, your installation instructions still talk about compressing/decompressing folders for EVE/Scatterer files. However in the latest release version there's no compressed files present, so this had me confused for a good bit. As it stands now it seems this part can now be disregarded entirely, correct?

My jaw dropped upon entering the tracking station with the whole package installed; there's more coolness here than I suspect I will ever get around to doing, and it's top quality too!

1. Go to the GU folder and find the GU-GENERAL_Settings.cfg
-> Here you will decide which part of the mod will be loaded. By changing from True to False you decide how big the mod will get. 
-> All planet-systems have been enabled by default.

--- These are the ones i wrote but i guess you've seen the clip? 

I'll ask if someone's able to film a new one to get rid of the confusion. Thanks tho for noticing. 

1 hour ago, StarCrusher96 said:

1. Go to the GU folder and find the GU-GENERAL_Settings.cfg
-> Here you will decide which part of the mod will be loaded. By changing from True to False you decide how big the mod will get. 
-> All planet-systems have been enabled by default.

--- These are the ones i wrote but i guess you've seen the clip? 

I'll ask if someone's able to film a new one to get rid of the confusion. Thanks tho for noticing. 

Yeah I looked through the whole thing - following instructions to the letter is principal advice #1 for installing mods, so when they didn't match the package I got confused. I'm simple like that I know.

Part of the new Sirius system will be: Isus and Apophis (binary)
After the formation of Sirius B, these 2 objects migrated inward towards the 2 stars. But only as recent as 10 million years ago, by gradual purtubations of Sirius B. The binary got captured into a closer eccentric orbit around Sirius A causing both objects to heat up and melt away their icy layers. Apophis has at this point already lost most of its ice/water and temporary atmosphere. Within another 10 million years, Isus will too. At periapsis, Isus develops a comet like tail. (once particles are back)

screenshot34.png

Edited by StarCrusher96

I've personally tested Spectra with GU and it is not compatible (not surprising as it IS stated on page 1). I personally favor Spectra over the stock system configs, and I'm yelling into the wind to see if anyone has experience merging configs or messing with Spectra. 

11 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Well that's your answer. Those are the compatible mods as of this moment. More will come.

6 hours ago, OrdinaryKerman said:

Visual configs for GU are in the Github releases page (below GU_A-Stellar-Odyssey.<version number>, there are the visual configs, GU_Visuals_EVE and GU_Visuals_Scatterer)

ah ok thanks, that will be AWESOME 

if i could make mods i would gladly help you

Hi StarCrusher96,

this mod is just mind blowing, splendid job.

I have a question about other mod support, I wanted to play GU with Kerbalism unfortunately they don't play nicely together. Mainly power generation, when I put a satellite in orbit with solar panels it constantly loose power.
I use clear 1.11.0 with Breaking grounds, GU_Parts, GU, Kerbalism and Kopernikus BE.

I ask if you think about support for such mésalliance or it is to early to say? Just want to know if there is a possibility and I should wait or better not. :)

2 hours ago, xerdos said:

Hi StarCrusher96,

this mod is just mind blowing, splendid job.

I have a question about other mod support, I wanted to play GU with Kerbalism unfortunately they don't play nicely together. Mainly power generation, when I put a satellite in orbit with solar panels it constantly loose power.
I use clear 1.11.0 with Breaking grounds, GU_Parts, GU, Kerbalism and Kopernikus BE.

I ask if you think about support for such mésalliance or it is to early to say? Just want to know if there is a possibility and I should wait or better not. :)

As a general rule for Kerbalism compatibility - or any other mod that redesigns many core game systems like that - support should be made from within Kerbalism itself, NOT from all the other mods that it breaks.

Edited by Morphisor

@xerdos
I have already been working on it (mainly radation), but believe me, it's a lot of worlds to cover. I'm not 100% familiar with Kerbalism's other features but i do think GU will need its own 'profile' in order to work well with Kerbalism. I guess a little bit of patience will be needed to get this sorted out. I don't mind if people already start working on patches themselves btw :p 

Edited by StarCrusher96

2 hours ago, throwaway9w3094 said:

oh yeah and one last question

i dont wantt to pressure you and i get that you have priorities, but when do you think it will support avp or other visual mods?

Read the Main post, they aren't and probably won't be supported as GU has its own visual pack.

i dont wantt to pressure you and i get that you have priorities, but when do you think it will support avp or other visual mods?

Remove the 'Stock'-folder in GU_Clouds and AVP should work (i think). If it doesn't, GU clouds are decent enough.
As for other visual mods, i'm not really up to date with how they work, but if they do more than just adding clouds (so i mean: changing planet-textures, sunflare-editing,...), i'd not consider them compatible any time soon.

Edited by StarCrusher96

Hey there :) Just in case - is your star pack compatible with Sigma Dimensions? I seem to be getting some error messages on startup, but upon getting into a bunch of errors related to Dimensions... But upon startup, I don't see any issues - planets in Tracking Station look ok-ish and there seem to be no issues with how the atmospheres/surfaces are displayed...

Actually, just had another thought... How exactly are stars spaced in your pack? Are the distances real-life (so ~3.4 ly to Kiribani, etc), or are they compressed to KSP's regular 0.1x? I kinda want the increased challenge from the 3.5x scale system I usually use, but I also don't want to get truly 30 ly spacing between closest stars ^^'