[1.11.x - 1.12.3] Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey™ [1.3.1]&[1.4.3] [27June 2023]

StarCrusher96

@Norcalplanner That's what Kopernicus LoadOnDemand exists for. It's what makes it even possible to have all of GU activated/loaded in your install. But you'll still need a GPU with 4+GB of video memory in order to hope for smooth sailing. I finally have one and my PC chugs a bit (but this includes the performance hit from the Scatterer ocean shader).

I don't think I've actually landed or entered the atmo of any GU planet yet, so I can't say anything about performance anywhere other than Kerbin.

2 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

rando q of the day: when using multiple stars, are there locations where you are not within the SOI of anything? (implied in this question: I have never used multiple stars)

So all the stars orbit very, very, slowly around the sun. So for all intensive purposes the SOI acts like you are in the SOI of a planet just that the SOI is really big.

Interesting Question!

When setting up transfer window alarms with Kerbal Alarm Clock, it labels one of the star systems as TRAPPIST. Interestingly, I can't seem to find a system named TRAPPIST in the map mode.

What system are the TRAPPIST planets located in?

Edited by Fundati

5 hours ago, Fundati said:

Interesting Question!

When setting up transfer window alarms with Kerbal Alarm Clock, it labels one of the star systems as TRAPPIST. Interestingly, I can't seem to find a system named TRAPPIST in the map mode.

What system are the TRAPPIST planets located in?

Tarsis-1

@DiegoKeys Sorry, dude. If Parallax is involved, you've voided your warranty. StarCrusher hasn't begun to do anything with that, and with what I know of his PC, he's physically unable to start if he wanted to. Alternately, your drills might just be a bit too high. The point where the drill considers ground contact may be higher up than you think.

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@DiegoKeys Sorry, dude. If Parallax is involved, you've voided your warranty. StarCrusher hasn't begun to do anything with that, and with what I know of his PC, he's physically unable to start if he wanted to. Alternately, your drills might just be a bit too high. The point where the drill considers ground contact may be higher up than you think.

from what I've heard it is either a kopernicus or KSPIE bug

Is there a place to report/see all reported bugs?

I went to one of the planets around Tarsis-1 and the terrain was 'jumping' around and not lined up. Went back to KSC and that happened there too, all the terrain and the space center jumping around. I'll see if I can get a video next time it does it. Sometimes the KSC is super pixilated too.

12 hours ago, Fundati said:

Is there a place to report/see all reported bugs?

I went to one of the planets around Tarsis-1 and the terrain was 'jumping' around and not lined up. Went back to KSC and that happened there too, all the terrain and the space center jumping around. I'll see if I can get a video next time it does it. Sometimes the KSC is super pixilated too.

'Normal' bug related to KSP not being built for these vast distances. Scene change or using buttons overcomes it.  I'll add some bugs to the list on page 1.

Edited by StarCrusher96

1 hour ago, TruthfulGnome said:

absolutely beautiful mod however when trying to play it with Beyond Home i get these sunflares popping up at Janus, keep in mind i should not be able to see Destiny/Fate from the Kerbol systemunknown.png

But i decided you should see all stars while using GU. According to their stellar type they got the same light and flare curves as the GU stars. So if they're visual unlike before, it means they are meant to be visual irl.

Edited by StarCrusher96