[1.11.x - 1.12.3] Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey™ [1.3.1]&[1.4.3] [27June 2023]

StarCrusher96

I think EVE is still not working. No hi-res, no city lights, no shadows..... I've never used EVE so I don't know what it's like exactly. but I'm pretty sure I don't see any lights at night :)

The config files are just missing. Why don't you want to include the default config files from EVE in your install process Starcrusher? Does it break something?

But the clouds do work ! No problem there.

Another (noob) question : how do you quickly post images on this forum? They have to be stored somewhere on an external URL?

I may have found some minor causes of the issues with disabling certain planets and whatnot - or not. I'm not sure how MM handles mismatched braces.

Anyway: in all of these .cfg files, there is a mismatched number of opening and closing curly braces {} --

GameData\GU\Celestials\_00\_AsteroidBelts\Ross154_Asteroids.cfg
GameData\GU\Celestials\_00\_AsteroidBelts\_EpsilonEridani_Asteroids.cfg
GameData\GU\Celestials\_System.AlphaCentauri\08_Narath.cfg
GameData\GU\Celestials\_System.EpsilonEridani\02-4_Borr.cfg
GameData\GU\Celestials\_System.EpsilonEridani\03_Æl.cfg
GameData\GU\Celestials\_System.Trappist1\Trappist_f.cfg
GameData\GU\Configs\GU_Patches\DOE\KK_DOE.cfg
GameData\GU\Configs\GU_Patches\Singularity\SingularityLich.cfg
GameData\GU\Configs\GU_Patches\Singularity\SingularitySgrA.cfg
GameData\GU\Configs\GU_Patches\Singularity\SingularityVanMaanen.cfg
GameData\GU\Configs\GU_Resources\GU_Settings\LqdHe3.cfg
GameData\GU\Configs\GU_SettingsFiles\RemoveLenseDirt.cfg

EDIT AGAIN: Link removed. Curly braces make little difference after all, too!

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

22 hours ago, Factor_X said:

I think EVE is still not working. No hi-res, no city lights, no shadows..... I've never used EVE so I don't know what it's like exactly. but I'm pretty sure I don't see any lights at night :)

The config files are just missing. Why don't you want to include the default config files from EVE in your install process Starcrusher? Does it break something?

But the clouds do work ! No problem there.

Another (noob) question : how do you quickly post images on this forum? They have to be stored somewhere on an external URL?

Because GU has a stocksystem revamp coming and these clouds are just placeholders until then. If you want cityLight, just grab them from somewhere else and install it.  (also my mod, my rules)

Answer to the last question: yes, you need to grab a link to the picture and post it here. I do post my pics on discord and take their medialinks.

Edited by StarCrusher96

First of all, real nice job.

In the past i conigure my own JNSQ, OPM,... setting to run together. I was also able to fit it together with GU (not with patch files, i start in the last weeks learning mm patch file handling).

Everytime i do a new planet setup, there is the decission: amoumt of planets vs. RAM and loading time ingame.

With GU there is a massive amount (of very nice ;-) ) additional bodies too and i read some comments about ram in the forum too.

Now i think about a tooling to setup the planets active or disabled for a load process. Because why should be x galaxies or planets loaded i don't want to do anything this game session.

Best case also with backup saving of vessels moved around, to reload the vessels also if a galaxy activated again.

=》 is my idea new, or did you plan any galaxy/planet enable/disable feature?

And if anyone with more experiance...is it possible to unload/load planets till runtime? 

2 hours ago, SparcMoonlight said:

First of all, real nice job.

In the past i conigure my own JNSQ, OPM,... setting to run together. I was also able to fit it together with GU (not with patch files, i start in the last weeks learning mm patch file handling).

Everytime i do a new planet setup, there is the decission: amoumt of planets vs. RAM and loading time ingame.

With GU there is a massive amount (of very nice ;-) ) additional bodies too and i read some comments about ram in the forum too.

Now i think about a tooling to setup the planets active or disabled for a load process. Because why should be x galaxies or planets loaded i don't want to do anything this game session.

Best case also with backup saving of vessels moved around, to reload the vessels also if a galaxy activated again.

=》 is my idea new, or did you plan any galaxy/planet enable/disable feature?

And if anyone with more experiance...is it possible to unload/load planets till runtime? 

Isn't that the whole point of GU? Check page 1 :D installtion is based on enabling and disabling things.

2 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Updated Installationclips by @ballisticfox0

Thank you for these - going through this process solved the issue with disabling Luhman/Kormann binary also breaking scatterer/EVE on Kerbin! You mention in the video that it would be nice to name files according to the in-game system names (the kerbalized version) - this would indeed make things A LOT clearer.

It might also be handy if files were organized by system rather than by type - for instance, if the folder structure didn't lump all planets together (under Celestials), but rather grouped things by star/barycenter, with a subfolder for planets within that system - something that would make it as easy as simply deleting a particular folder in order to disable a system (or specific body), if that's possible. For instance: pre-place all scatterer and EVE assets in PluginData folders, referenced from configs (with :NEEDS so that they're disabled if scatterer/EVE isn't present) provided in the main DL and in folders grouped by system; In order to disable an entire system and its visuals, then, all you have to do is delete a given folder from "GU/Celestials/<SystemNameHereAsFolderName>" - or, if you want to delete only specific planets, you could delete the folder "GU/Celestials/<SystemNameHere>/<BodyNameAsFolderName>" or some such.

Of course I'm not sure if that's exactly possible to do - but renaming things according to in-game names (at least) and reorganizing the folder structure would make things a lot easier for the end user, if it is possible.

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

I just installed the city lights from EVE.....and it's ugly. It's just a cheap effect, just an ugly yellow texture. I thought it was real lights and stuff.... Anyway. Better be off without it.

I validate all your choices Starcrusher. It all looks so fantastic and realistic.

But for the life of me, I don't know why....I thought your mod was rescaled. I mean....I thought that because of the presence of Kopernicus.

But these are just stock sized planets right? Or is it a rescale 2x or 3x ? (I can't remember what the vanilla game was like)

9 minutes ago, Factor_X said:

I just installed the city lights from EVE.....and it's ugly. It's just a cheap effect, just an ugly yellow texture. I thought it was real lights and stuff.... Anyway. Better be off without it.

I validate all your choices Starcrusher. It all looks so fantastic and realistic.

But for the life of me, I don't know why....I thought your mod was rescaled. I mean....I thought that because of the presence of Kopernicus.

But these are just stock sized planets right? Or is it a rescale 2x or 3x ? (I can't remember what the vanilla game was like)

They're stocksized. Next update will feature rescale options.

21 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Isn't that the whole point of GU? Check page 1 :D installtion is based on enabling and disabling things.

Maybe i understand the config enable/disable at installation guide wrong. Is it not only for the first setup ? 

To be sure, i can really start a game with e.g.  all planets true and play =》save the carrier =》Close ksp =》adapt config (any planet disable) =》load the carrier and it works? 

3 hours ago, SparcMoonlight said:

Maybe i understand the config enable/disable at installation guide wrong. Is it not only for the first setup ? 

To be sure, i can really start a game with e.g.  all planets true and play =》save the carrier =》Close ksp =》adapt config (any planet disable) =》load the carrier and it works? 

Yeah sure! but if your craft orbits a planet you just disabled, it will be moved to another body (which sometimes might be at the surface of a star.)
But you can as an example: Just load Alpha Centauri - do a whole exploration of the system, come back to Kerbin. Disable AC and enable Sirius, and just continue your exploration.

52 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Yeah sure! but if your craft orbits a planet you just disabled, it will be moved to another body (which sometimes might be at the surface of a star.)
But you can as an example: Just load Alpha Centauri - do a whole exploration of the system, come back to Kerbin. Disable AC and enable Sirius, and just continue your exploration.

Thank a lot for this fast answer and clarification. So time for me to learn more of ksp modding and start to create the vessel saver for unloaded planets (like the flight manager  for stage recover) ;-)

4 minutes ago, redivh said:

When I get close to a targeted star or planet it stops targeting it and I'm unable to re-target it.

If you enter X body's SOI you cannot target X body. That's how it works. Once you're in there, aim your ship to :radial: Radial In.

21 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

If you enter X body's SOI you cannot target X body. That's how it works. Once you're in there, aim your ship to :radial: Radial In.

This only seem to happen with this mod installed but not in the stock game.

Edited by redivh

2 minutes ago, redivh said:

but not in the stock game.

oh. That's way out of my ability to help or suggest, sorry. :(

14 minutes ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

Holee cow, I might have to make a video (or two) on this. How much more do you plan to expand on this? Depending on your answer I might wait

Wild estimate but check back at Christmas 2021. It's actively on the way to expanding by ANOTHER order of magnitude.

Just now, JadeOfMaar said:

Wild estimate but check back at Christmas 2021. It's actively on the way to expanding by ANOTHER order of magnitude.

If Christmas is expected update might as well make the video. But since the size of this pack is huge, this will become all upsilon bases video again, and will require hours of recording. Expect a video in March :)