Jump to content

[1.10.x-1.11.x] Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey [1.0.2-3] [11 Jan 2021]


Future Development Poll.  

223 members have voted

  1. 1. After the Sirius update. Focus on:

    • More exoplanets.
    • Homesystem (kerbol) revamp + outer planets.


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, derbleifuss said:

Haven't checked the Clips yet; I just installed it like any other Mod by copying the Folders into GameData.

Here's the Screenshot for now. I repaced the GU_Visuals with SVE again after removing it didn't help and also got Pood's OPM VO. Getting it back the Way it should be for providing the correct Log Files will take a While, mostly because of the long Load Times.

bandicam 2021-04-05 21-03-49-559

Talking about SVE and OPM: What are your Plans for more Kerbol Planets, according to the Poll? I really like the Concept of OPM recreating the real beyond Jupiter/Jool Planets so it would be great having something similar in this Planet Pack and thus rendering OPM obsolete. Similarly, do the GU_Visuals add Clouds etc. to the stock Kerbol Planets? I'd like to replace SVE too but definitely prioritize the Kerbin System over other Stars.

 

EDIT: The Install Video is so quiet that I can barely hear it over my Jet Engine Laptop, so maybe I have to fix my Headset before it can help me :D

Looks good but i really advice to check the clips :p you can't got wrong if you follow them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, derbleifuss said:

Haven't checked the Clips yet; I just installed it like any other Mod by copying the Folders into GameData.

Here's the Screenshot for now. I repaced the GU_Visuals with SVE again after removing it didn't help and also got Pood's OPM VO. Getting it back the Way it should be for providing the correct Log Files will take a While, mostly because of the long Load Times.

bandicam 2021-04-05 21-03-49-559

Talking about SVE and OPM: What are your Plans for more Kerbol Planets, according to the Poll? I really like the Concept of OPM recreating the real beyond Jupiter/Jool Planets so it would be great having something similar in this Planet Pack and thus rendering OPM obsolete. Similarly, do the GU_Visuals add Clouds etc. to the stock Kerbol Planets? I'd like to replace SVE too but definitely prioritize the Kerbin System over other Stars.

 

EDIT: The Install Video is so quiet that I can barely hear it over my Jet Engine Laptop, so maybe I have to fix my Headset before it can help me :D

Couple things:

  1. The __LOCAL folder is almost certainly in there by mistake - possibly (from what I have been able to glean) an artifact of people making mods on Mac or Linux, zipping up a folder, and not looking for hidden folders getting ZIPped with others, or something like that.
  2. You don't have the latest version of Module Manager - almost certainly no significant effect from that, but worth updating nevertheless.
  3. Some other folders look suspect, or not, hard to know - For instance, what' s "Patch"?
  4. Poods OPM Visual Overhaul may or may not be up to date with latest versions of scatterer/EVE, can't remember on that one.
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

Couple things:

  1. The __LOCAL folder is almost certainly in there by mistake - possibly (from what I have been able to glean) an artifact of people making mods on Mac or Linux, zipping up a folder, and not looking for hidden folders getting ZIPped with others, or something like that.
  2. You don't have the latest version of Module Manager - almost certainly no significant effect from that, but worth updating nevertheless.
  3. Some other folders look suspect, or not, hard to know - For instance, what' s "Patch"?
  4. Poods OPM Visual Overhaul may or may not be up to date with latest versions of scatterer/EVE, can't remember on that one.

Patch is a very crude DIYed Module Manager Script to allow taking Surface Samples with the Drill-O-Matics and was supposed for some other abandoned Ideas of mine, mostly combining that Script with a Deploy&Retract Drill Animation and another Script to make resettable Experiments like the Mystery Goo repeatable with a High Tech Level Tech Tree Node. Guess it's fairly obvious that these Things should go to not make the Sample Drill overly OP at first but later allow for great Robotic Rovers at high Tech Levels, especially along with the BonVoyage Mod. If you know how to do these two Things, you're welcome to help me (I'm quite amazed what @StarCrusher96 did here at probably the same Age as me. Mind you, I'm borderline Computer Illiterate and more familiar with Mechanical and Electrical Things lol) If you're interested in it, here's the Drill-O-Matic Script:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yBcMiafsgf6RoVCs0f84_QstbftDjzDD/view?usp=sharing

And as I said, I'd like to replace Pood's OPM VO andOPM itself with this Mod if Saturn, Uranus and Neptun are added to the Kerbol System. I'm still sitting on the Edge of my Seat to see what the included Visual Overhauls for the stock Bodies will do and will provide more Logs if the Steps you described fail too.

Edited by derbleifuss
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pood's OPM VO doesn't work with GU I'm pretty sure but if it somehow does, I think that might be what's breaking your clouds.

I don't know though, I've never tried ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit: Never mind, already been answered to.

Edited by IsuckatKSP
Answer was already said.
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, derbleifuss said:

Patch is a very crude DIYed Module Manager Script to allow taking Surface Samples with the Drill-O-Matics and was supposed for some other abandoned Ideas of mine, mostly combining that Script with a Deploy&Retract Drill Animation and another Script to make resettable Experiments like the Mystery Goo repeatable with a High Tech Level Tech Tree Node. Guess it's fairly obvious that these Things should go together at first to not make the Sample Drill overly OP but later allow for great Robotic Rovers at high Tech Levels, especially along with the BonVoyage Mod. If you know how to do these two Things, you're welcome to help me (I'm quite amazed what @StarCrusher96 did here at probably the same Age as me. Mind you, I'm borderline Computer Illiterate and more familiar with Mechanical and Electrical Things lol) If you're interested in it, here's the Drill-O-Matic Script:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yBcMiafsgf6RoVCs0f84_QstbftDjzDD/view?usp=sharing

And as I said, I'd like to replace Pood's OPM VO andOPM itself with this Mod if Saturn, Uranus and Neptun are added to the Kerbol System. I'm still sitting on the Edge of my Seat to see what the included Visual Overhauls for the stock Bodies will do and will provide more Logs if the Steps you described fail too.

It's conceivable (but I don't know for sure) that any issues with Pood's OPM VO could cause general problems with scatterer/eve - might affect GU's stuff as well. Just one possibility among many. I am not the best diagnostician, to start with, and it's also pretty hard to say much without a log file (which I only know how to read in the crudest possible way). Others will be more knowledgable, hopefully.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AccidentalDisassembly said:

It's conceivable (but I don't know for sure) that any issues with Pood's OPM VO could cause general problems with scatterer/eve - might affect GU's stuff as well. Just one possibility among many. I am not the best diagnostician, to start with, and it's also pretty hard to say much without a log file (which I only know how to read in the crudest possible way). Others will be more knowledgable, hopefully.

I removed Pood's OPM VO for my Attempts to get the Galaxies Unbound Visuals working, as it is another Visual Mod that may (and probably will according to the Instructions) interfere. I took that Screenshot right after I saw the according Reply and before I closed my ongoing KSP Game, hence it shows the State where I played with SVE.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, StarCrusher96 said:

screenshot227.png
 

That reminds me a little of the Black Hole Murph in the Event Horizon Planet Pack. I guess these are for other Star Systems? Btw. I just remembered that I actually found Galaxies Unbound when searching for Kerbal Star System; the Kerbol Planets there seem nice and would be great in Galaxies unbound. Why did you kill KSS in the first Place though?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, derbleifuss said:

That reminds me a little of the Black Hole Murph in the Event Horizon Planet Pack. I guess these are for other Star Systems? Btw. I just remembered that I actually found Galaxies Unbound when searching for Kerbal Star System; the Kerbol Planets there seem nice and would be great in Galaxies unbound. Why did you kill KSS in the first Place though?

It's for one of the other systems indeed. KSS was terminated because i didn't handle things as professionally as i do now. GU is sort of a reincarnation of KSS (lots of celestials came back from the dead for GU).

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, derbleifuss said:

Haven't checked the Clips yet; I just installed it like any other Mod by copying the Folders into GameData.

Here's the Screenshot for now. I repaced the GU_Visuals with SVE again after removing it didn't help and also got Pood's OPM VO. Getting it back the Way it should be for providing the correct Log Files will take a While, mostly because of the long Load Times.

bandicam 2021-04-05 21-03-49-559

Talking about SVE and OPM: What are your Plans for more Kerbol Planets, according to the Poll? I really like the Concept of OPM recreating the real beyond Jupiter/Jool Planets so it would be great having something similar in this Planet Pack and thus rendering OPM obsolete. Similarly, do the GU_Visuals add Clouds etc. to the stock Kerbol Planets? I'd like to replace SVE too but definitely prioritize the Kerbin System over other Stars.

 

EDIT: The Install Video is so quiet that I can barely hear it over my Jet Engine Laptop, so maybe I have to fix my Headset before it can help me :D

sorry bad mic is bad

Edited by ballisticfox0
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ballisticfox0 said:

sorry excrementsty mic is excrementsty

Been there, done that. I just used the built in Microphone of my Laptop right after my Headset died, big Mistake:

EDIT: Why did you edit "excrementsy" into "bad"? I've got to remember that Word for the next Time YouTube's Age Restriction AI goes Nuts :D

 

54 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

KSS was terminated because i didn't handle things as professionally as i do now. GU is sort of a reincarnation of KSS (lots of celestials came back from the dead for GU).

That makes Sense. And it shows that you keep updating your Mods unlike many others. I just keep my Fingers crossed for Saturn, Uranus and Neptun being added to the Kerbol System. Did Voon have a Titan-Equivalent Moon btw? Tekto, orbiting Sarnus in OPM is one of my favourite Bodies. Everything I've read about KSS so far looks like it would be great in Galaxies Unbound, maybe with some Updates if necessary.

 

Stupid me should've hit "Submit Reply"; this Post has been sitting around completed but unsent for at least 20 Minutes; hence two Posts from me right after each other :D

Edited by derbleifuss
Link to post
Share on other sites

I realize GU doesn't yet support Parallax, so please just consider these GU fan art. Here are a couple of images showing Parallax terrain rendering with GU. First one is planet Narath on the left, second is moon Leyn on the right. Also, the terrain has collision, so those rocks and sand furrows etc.,  on the ground are "real" when you drive over them.

Narath_Leyn.jpg

Of note, is the detail that Parallax renders even from orbit. On the left, is moon Leyn without Parallax, on the right is Leyn with Parallax. Same location and time.

Leyn_orbit_composite.jpg

Parallax has plenty of settings for adjusting reflection, color and other factors, so it should be possible to achieve the desired results for GU. Thank you.

Edited by Observe
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, derbleifuss said:

Been there, done that. I just used the built in Microphone of my Laptop right after my Headset died, big Mistake:

EDIT: Why did you edit "excrementsy" into "bad"? I've got to remember that Word for the next Time YouTube's Age Restriction AI goes Nuts :D

 

That makes Sense. And it shows that you keep updating your Mods unlike many others. I just keep my Fingers crossed for Saturn, Uranus and Neptun being added to the Kerbol System. Did Voon have a Titan-Equivalent Moon btw? Tekto, orbiting Sarnus in OPM is one of my favourite Bodies. Everything I've read about KSS so far looks like it would be great in Galaxies Unbound, maybe with some Updates if necessary.

 

Stupid me should've hit "Submit Reply"; this Post has been sitting around completed but unsent for at least 20 Minutes; hence two Posts from me right after each other :D

apparently sh!t is changed to excrement

Edited by ballisticfox0
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

screenshot249.png

 

petition for a black hole texture with a smiley on it like on your profile pic as a easter egg or just for showing us here xD

Link to post
Share on other sites

Three questions: one: would a 2018 PC with 170 mods (most are small) with 16 GB ram and the GU Visuals run this? 
number2: Does the GU visuals add Configs to stock kerbal AND GU or only GU. If the answer is only GU would spectra OR AVP work for stock system visuals or would they cause a conflict (game breaking or not) number 3: Is this compatible with KIP-2995 system (as in would it conflict which means interfere with other star systems orbits or break this mod?)

Edited by Rocketry101
Link to post
Share on other sites

My PC is older than that and does run it. But some slowdown definitely noticeable. You may want to start by going into the config file and disabling all of the planets and planet-less stars. Then enable the planets just for the stars you want to visit, one by one, and see how it goes. But I'd wait with adding GU to your save until you're ready to go interstellar, tech wise. 

AVP is listed as not compatible. But you can get them to work together. I loaded them together once and my PC did not explode, at least. I think GU does add stock configs too, so you'll need to work around that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grimmas said:

My PC is older than that and does run it. But some slowdown definitely noticeable. You may want to start by going into the config file and disabling all of the planets and planet-less stars. Then enable the planets just for the stars you want to visit, one by one, and see how it goes. But I'd wait with adding GU to your save until you're ready to go interstellar, tech wise. 

AVP is listed as not compatible. But you can get them to work together. I loaded them together once and my PC did not explode, at least. I think GU does add stock configs too, so you'll need to work around that. 

Ahhh I see. I will add GU though because I have gone interstellar using real exoplanets and RSS so I am definitely ready for interstellar. Anyways can you send a screenshot possibly with Gu visuals adding stock configs? 

On 4/6/2021 at 12:55 AM, Observe said:

I realize GU doesn't yet support Parallax, so please just consider these GU fan art. Here are a couple of images showing Parallax terrain rendering with GU. First one is planet Narath on the left, second is moon Leyn on the right. Also, the terrain has collision, so those rocks and sand furrows etc.,  on the ground are "real" when you drive over them.

Narath_Leyn.jpg

Of note, is the detail that Parallax renders even from orbit. On the left, is moon Leyn without Parallax, on the right is Leyn with Parallax. Same location and time.

Leyn_orbit_composite.jpg

Parallax has plenty of settings for adjusting reflection, color and other factors, so it should be possible to achieve the desired results for GU. Thank you.

In the config file, it says you can adjust all quality things for parallax. What are the setting you cranked it to? Also where did you make those configs so it worked with this mod

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...