[1.11.x - 1.12.3] Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey™ [1.3.1]&[1.4.3] [27June 2023]

StarCrusher96

39 minutes ago, LORDPrometheus said:

Been noticing quite a delay with loading any scene since I installed this mod last night. The save and install are fresh but heavy. Performance after loading is still good but it's taking 40+ seconds to load a rocket with 25 parts... 

Is this indicative of a mod compatibility issue or more or less the nature of such a large planet pack? Logs are clean

System:

32Gb RAM

Ryzen 7 3700x

GTX-3060Ti

I use a notebook with a Nvidia Mobile MX350 GPU, 16GB of RAM and Intel i7 core and it only takes about 20 seconds max for a 150 part rocket to load. Check for any mod incompatabilities because some mods can slow down performance if incompatible.

1 hour ago, LORDPrometheus said:

Been noticing quite a delay with loading any scene since I installed this mod last night. The save and install are fresh but heavy. Performance after loading is still good but it's taking 40+ seconds to load a rocket with 25 parts... 

Is this indicative of a mod compatibility issue or more or less the nature of such a large planet pack? Logs are clean

System:

32Gb RAM

Ryzen 7 3700x

GTX-3060Ti

Those specs are amazing, the problem is that GU is such as big mod especially  when you install the visuals

10 minutes ago, Rocketry101 said:

Those specs are amazing, the problem is that GU is such as big mod especially  when you install the visuals

Only visuals are planet shine and real plume honestly this could be one of the cases where upping the graphics will improve performance but my guess is the issue is mostly some form of most conflict. When I'm out of work I'll setup my mod list in a spoiler

15 hours ago, LORDPrometheus said:

Only visuals are planet shine and real plume honestly this could be one of the cases where upping the graphics will improve performance but my guess is the issue is mostly some form of most conflict. When I'm out of work I'll setup my mod list in a spoiler

If you want you can link me to your logs, i can check them for errors. 

logs can be found in the KSP folder 'logs', i need the compressed file there.

1 hour ago, StarCrusher96 said:

If you want you can link me to your logs, i can check them for errors. 

logs can be found in the KSP folder 'logs', i need the compressed file there.

I did a rebuild last night and seem to have eliminated most of the lag by cutting down the install and reducing the mod to only the most interesting stars and those with planets. Load times are still not ideal but within an  acceptable range now.

As for logs well I'm at work now but maybe later today. One other thing I did do was create a remoteTech patch for the antenna parts you added which is something I would suggest you look into even if that mod is no longer as popular as it once was. 

Edited by LORDPrometheus

1 hour ago, falcoon said:

I have just started new game with HomeSwitch Rahn. Everything seems to run nicely, except water is not visible when flying. Water is there tho, when landing on it, there is a splash sound and altimeter is correct.

Did I miss something during installation? (I do have EVE + scatterer)

https://prnt.sc/12916gc

Looks like GU scatterer wasn't installed correctly or you'll need to check if you have the normal epsilon eridani disabled in the gu general settings.

Edited by StarCrusher96

49 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Looks like GU scatterer wasn't installed correctly or you'll need to check if you have the normal epsilon eridani disabled in the gu general settings.

Epsilon eridani was enabled, I've turned it off, then I've deleted GUscatterer folder and unziped it again.  No efect, still no water.

15 hours ago, ballisticfox0 said:

Soon™

Does soon mean a few weeks or a few months? Don't mean to rush or nag at all I'm just wondering if I should hold off on starting a save to wait for this to release. Very excited for this.

Edited by Sahadara

3 minutes ago, Sahadara said:

Does soon mean a few weeks or a few months? Don't mean to rush or nag at all I'm just wondering if I should hold off on starting a save to wait for this to release. Very excited for this.

Probably leaning more towards the latter.

1 hour ago, falcoon said:

Epsilon eridani was enabled, I've turned it off, then I've deleted GUscatterer folder and unziped it again.  No efect, still no water.

Have you quicksaved(f5) and reloaded(f9)? I've seen some issues with kopernicus not loading Rhan's water

2 hours ago, ballisticfox0 said:

Have you quicksaved(f5) and reloaded(f9)? I've seen some issues with kopernicus not loading Rhan's water

Yea i did. Loaded the game multiple times with different settings. I guess I will just switch to Blalo 

@StarCrusher96 For Blalo Homeswitch, Alpha Centauri in GU general settings should be true or false?

24 minutes ago, falcoon said:

Yea i did. Loaded the game multiple times with different settings. I guess I will just switch to Blalo 

@StarCrusher96 For Blalo Homeswitch, Alpha Centauri in GU general settings should be true or false?

General rule is to disable them. But i made sure they won't conflict so it shouldn't matter :)

Im using the Blueshift Mod with this and am trying to go through the Jool Wormhole  and when my ship goes through it hits the G-Limit and explodes.  Is this a bug or do I need to keep G-Limits (both part and kerbal) disabled?  Also when I went through my orbital velocity is stupidly high to where there no way I could have enough deltaV to be able to land on the planet (The All).   I cant even time warp since my ship is constantly accelerating, also cant change vessels or save because of this.  Am I missing something?

4 hours ago, falcoon said:

@StarCrusher96 It may be related to GU after all. GU_Scatterer is causing the problem.

Clean install 1.11.2 + GU + scatterer, no other mods. Tested on Kerbin, Laythe, Blalo - the same behaviour.

Adding GU_Scatterer folder = no water
Removing GU_Scatterer folder = water is back

Hope it helps.

100 % sure it is not broken, GU doesn't touch Kerbin or Laythe's oceans, so it must be something else. I know water issues or shader issues happen when there are files not in the right place so i'd like to take a look.
Could you provide logs, a screen of your GameData and GU folder?

4 hours ago, KSPNoob said:

Im using the Blueshift Mod with this and am trying to go through the Jool Wormhole  and when my ship goes through it hits the G-Limit and explodes.  Is this a bug or do I need to keep G-Limits (both part and kerbal) disabled?  Also when I went through my orbital velocity is stupidly high to where there no way I could have enough deltaV to be able to land on the planet (The All).   I cant even time warp since my ship is constantly accelerating, also cant change vessels or save because of this.  Am I missing something?

I need to redirect you to the blueshift page for issues with it. You cannot land on the all as it is an exotic object, not a planet.  The point of anything in the vicinity of the All and Kax A* is that you are not in control because you ventured too close.

Edited by StarCrusher96

Does this mod alter asteroid spawn rates and locations a lot? I'm getting only 15% probability and all of them are spawning in non kerbol system, I am getting 0 asteroids near Kerbin.  I tested kopernicus only and that works fine, I don't have any other mods that I could think off that would alter asteroid spawns, so figured I'd ask.

Edit: I see in config files that it does change asteroid spawns only to be in the belts instead of Kerbin flybys,  I still got 0 spawns though fast forwarding 20 days watching tracking station.

Edit2: Seems I just needed sentinel to see them, I'm getting spawns now.

Edited by Nether

On 4/30/2021 at 1:51 AM, KSPNoob said:

Do you have the stock folder compressed/moved?

EDIT: nvm you don't have GU_clouds installed

Edited by ballisticfox0