Jump to content

[1.10.x-1.11.x] Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey [1.1 - TEST] [10May 2021]


Future Development Poll.  

231 members have voted

  1. 1. After the Sirius update. Focus on:

    • More exoplanets.
    • Homesystem (kerbol) revamp + outer planets.


Recommended Posts

I know it is a known bug but the fact I can't zoom out very far in the map view without exploding makes it impossible for me to visit distant objects. I've even tried tabbing to them but eventually even that destroys my ship. Is there a way or mod to set targets in vessel mode?

Link to post
Share on other sites

The OP says JNSQ compatibility coming soon.  In a slightly outdated vernacular, Mad Props Dude - skimming the GEP config it looks like a brutal undertaking.  Watching with interest and drooling like a Saint Bernard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Autolyzed Yeast Extract said:

I know it is a known bug but the fact I can't zoom out very far in the map view without exploding makes it impossible for me to visit distant objects. I've even tried tabbing to them but eventually even that destroys my ship. Is there a way or mod to set targets in vessel mode?

Cheats - ignore max temp.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, KawaiiLucy said:

@VCamProbe You need to disable systems for it to run "smoothly", you can follow the instructions in the original post on how to do it. And it is possible to play without eve and scatterer, it just won't look as good.

The issue I was dealing with was actually due to far future technologies and more specifically system heat was causing issues with the waste heat management, After removing far future tech it's stable around 45fps

For anyone else that needs help, I wanted to keep the science tools from far future tech, if you want to do the same all you need to do is go into the game directory delete everything in the fft folder besides the Part>Resources> fft-scanner files, that includes scanners file aswell. Also keep the FFTScienceDefs.cfg outside of the parts folder but keep it in the FFT main folder, that way you get actual science rewards from the parts. That lets you keep the gamma spectrometer and a few other things without any issues.

I couldn't find any other way to get the engines and containers to work without system heat so until that mod author or someone changes that I don't think theres anything that can be done.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VCamProbe said:

The issue I was dealing with was actually due to far future technologies and more specifically system heat was causing issues with the waste heat management, After removing far future tech it's stable around 45fps

For anyone else that needs help, I wanted to keep the science tools from far future tech, if you want to do the same all you need to do is go into the game directory delete everything in the fft folder besides the Part>Resources> fft-scanner files, that includes scanners file aswell. Also keep the FFTScienceDefs.cfg outside of the parts folder but keep it in the FFT main folder, that way you get actual science rewards from the parts. That lets you keep the gamma spectrometer and a few other things without any issues.

I couldn't find any other way to get the engines and containers to work without system heat so until that mod author or someone changes that I don't think theres anything that can be done.

it would be good if you ask in the FFT thread so this issue could be fixed

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Starhelperdude said:

it would be good if you ask in the FFT thread so this issue could be fixed

As far as I know the mod author isn't very active and I don't think he/she want's to deal with trying to get system heat not to buttheads with it lol, I can put something up there though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, VCamProbe said:

As far as I know the mod author isn't very active and I don't think he/she want's to deal with trying to get system heat not to buttheads with it lol, I can put something up there though.

Ummmm

Nertea is fairly active and will probably appreciate a bug report as long as you have logs and such. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Ummmm

Nertea is fairly active and will probably appreciate a bug report as long as you have logs and such. :)

yeah

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Ummmm

Nertea is fairly active and will probably appreciate a bug report as long as you have logs and such. :)

Hm okay, they just haven't responded to me before that's why I figured 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VCamProbe said:

Hm okay, they just haven't responded to me before that's why I figured 

 

I responded to you, it states in the OP that KSP-IE is not compatible with FFT and System heat is a dependency

but let's not annoy other users here and keep our talk here on-topic

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

are there any plans for an Spacedust integration in the future?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got a weird problem with engines.

Sorry if this has been brought up already - the thread is long and I got all blurry-eyed while trying to read through it.. :)

Both the arerospike and vaccuum bell engines are totally awesome for interstellar travel, but every now and then weird thing happens - the engine's reactor (not the engine itself) starts consuming a HUGE amounts or fuel. A "whole tank gone in  five seconds" huge.

When it happened for the first time I managed to fix it by reloading, but since then it's a show stopper, the only way to get rid of it is to terminate the mission and start over. Which kind of sucks when I'm two R/L das into a mission (I don't use the warp mode, so burns take hours)

Has anybody encountered this or is it some local issue (a mod conflict, probably, although I did take care and don't use any with known conflicts)

Also, as a side note (and probably also something mentioned here before (sorry)), the aerospike engine is not in the tech tree so it's missing from science/carreer modes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Chris Simon said:

I've got a weird problem with engines.

Sorry if this has been brought up already - the thread is long and I got all blurry-eyed while trying to read through it.. :)

Both the arerospike and vaccuum bell engines are totally awesome for interstellar travel, but every now and then weird thing happens - the engine's reactor (not the engine itself) starts consuming a HUGE amounts or fuel. A "whole tank gone in  five seconds" huge.

When it happened for the first time I managed to fix it by reloading, but since then it's a show stopper, the only way to get rid of it is to terminate the mission and start over. Which kind of sucks when I'm two R/L das into a mission (I don't use the warp mode, so burns take hours)

Has anybody encountered this or is it some local issue (a mod conflict, probably, although I did take care and don't use any with known conflicts)

Also, as a side note (and probably also something mentioned here before (sorry)), the aerospike engine is not in the tech tree so it's missing from science/carreer modes.

this is an Issue I've also experienced with other part mods like NFEs reactors which drain uranium super quickly after I go out of timewarp, maybe this problem has to do with something like kopernicus or it's just a general ksp issue, idk sadly

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

this is an Issue I've also experienced with other part mods like NFEs reactors which drain uranium super quickly after I go out of timewarp, maybe this problem has to do with something like kopernicus or it's just a general ksp issue, idk sadly

Yeah, good guess. I think some sort of time warp issue (like the heat) is a very likely culprit.

Sadly interstellar missions without a time warp would require me to build an actual stasis chamber for myself. :D

Let's hope somebody cracks this in future updates (be it this one or Kopernicus)

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, VCamProbe said:

So for some reason the folder GU_Scatterer will disable the kabrams sunflare effects on kerbol, Does anyone have a solution to this?

You have to use the GU sunflare. It is not a bug and there will probably never be support for other sunflares

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ballisticfox0 said:

You have to use the GU sunflare. It is not a bug and there will probably never be support for other sunflares

Strange because before this latest update with steam I was able to use different sun flares. Bummer lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...