[1.11.x - 1.12.3] Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey™ [1.3.1]&[1.4.3] [27June 2023]

StarCrusher96

38 minutes ago, KawaiiLucy said:

I don't know if it is already known, but some star system have their moons shown as unknown objects, and most of them don't have any at all (presumably because not yet included)

The unknown objects are kopernicus asteroids not planets.

A lot of stars don't have planets because they are ambient objects

Edited by ballisticfox0

Firstly congratulations on release, this pack has a lot of high-quality content. Secondly though, I seem to be having some fairly severe performance issues when using your pack. I've been using a replica Millennium Falcon with 342 parts as a benchmark, and while using only Kopernicus and MFI,  I get ~80-90 FPS while flying on Kerbin. When replicating the same scenario but with your pack installed, I'm reduced to ~30-40 FPS. My components are:
CPU = I7-9700K
GPU = RTX 2070 Super
RAM = 32 Gb's DDR4
Install Directory Drive = Samsung 970 Evo NVME
Not sure if this is normal or not, my I7 has never seemed to like KSP for some reason, it tends to impact one core disproportionately. One more thing as well, I've tried a few planets, and I seem to recall all of them having very pixelated terrain textures, the one I remember specifically being Syro. Perhaps I did something wrong, thanks in advance!
Edit : I also forgot to mention that I don't even have terrain scatter turned on.

Edited by The CanineCraver

@The CanineCraver

hi! Thanks and i've also noticed some people do get a drop in fps and other don't. So currently it's being investigated and as soon as something's been found i'll inform everybody. (Also keep in mind this is a prerelease for this very reason - to weed out stuff like this). Terraintex tends to pixelate when hyperediting to places, i can't judge whether you did that or it's indeed something with the textures i provided but zooming out to scaledspace and back fixes that. If it persists, pls provide a screenshot and i'll be able to fix it more easily.

Edited by StarCrusher96

1 hour ago, Jiraiyah said:

Hm,,, this mod is adding clouds to kerbin and stock? how would this play side by side spectra mod?

Like with  hemeac said GU is not compatible with other visual configs (AVP, Spectra, etc). GU provides it's own visuals for the stock system

https://imgur.com/a/h1Zl8u5