Jump to content

[1.10.x-1.11.x] Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey [1.1 - TEST] [10May 2021]


Future Development Poll.  

231 members have voted

  1. 1. After the Sirius update. Focus on:

    • More exoplanets.
    • Homesystem (kerbol) revamp + outer planets.


Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, Grimmas said:

KSP2 is supposed to have other star systems in the first place. We don't yet know how many, or how detailed, and I'm sure there will be mods that add extra star systems, but the need for a mod like GU will be reduced compared to KSP.

Im sorry but GU looks much nicer than KSP2s 2 seconds of gameplay

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

indeed, particles are sadly not available to planetmakers at the moment (fingers crossed it will one day be fixed again)

Great work anyway!

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Im sorry but GU looks much nicer than KSP2s 2 seconds of gameplay

I agree it looks very nice. And I'm using it in my new career playthrough, where I'm working towards a self-sustaining MKS colony in another star system. But to say it looks much nicer than a product that hasn't even been released yet, based on all of two seconds of video footage? Jeez. Let's give them a chance to publish the game first :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2021 at 12:53 PM, Grimmas said:

KSP2 is supposed to have other star systems in the first place. We don't yet know how many, or how detailed, and I'm sure there will be mods that add extra star systems, but the need for a mod like GU will be reduced compared to KSP.

True but this does add kerbal verisons of Real Exoplanets (Basically a better version of Real exoplanets mod) Also For star crusher: Kip system is compatible is squished between two systems but mainly out of those stars SOI. Also Extrasolar has some configs for this mod?

On 4/14/2021 at 1:22 PM, SpaceFace545 said:

Im sorry but GU looks much nicer than KSP2s 2 seconds of gameplay

It does but like the above said, dont judge 2 seconds of gameplay.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rocketry101 said:

last thing: whats the thing called "The All" the looks like a wormhole orbiting Sagittarius A* (Or KAX A* in game)

I've only visited it once and in Sandbox but I think it's a neutron star.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rocketry101 said:

last thing: whats the thing called "The All" the looks like a wormhole orbiting Sagittarius A* (Or KAX A* in game)

It's whatever you want it to be :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Rocketry101 said:

Wish was worm hole...

In KSS wiki its mysterious description gives almost nothing, but aproaching it immidietly anihilates any vessel (at least I couldn't land on it). I think that its just...an anomally. In KSS The ALL was the center of the galaxy and it didn't obey the laws of physics. Bigger than any star, but gravity was really small. Kerbal mythology says that, by my understanding, The ALL is the reason the matter exists. So, the All is just...everything. The universe in the smallest form. Its making the universe possible and being the universe at the same time. On its "surface" there are stars, galaxies, or I just see them there. I think its up to you what it is. This is just my theory.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The All is One. And One is All. Gravity is desire. Time is sight. What was, will be. What will be, was. Embrace the Worm... err, I mean, the All. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jane Monroue said:

In KSS wiki its mysterious description gives almost nothing, but aproaching it immidietly anihilates any vessel (at least I couldn't land on it). I think that its just...an anomally. In KSS The ALL was the center of the galaxy and it didn't obey the laws of physics. Bigger than any star, but gravity was really small. Kerbal mythology says that, by my understanding, The ALL is the reason the matter exists. So, the All is just...everything. The universe in the smallest form. Its making the universe possible and being the universe at the same time. On its "surface" there are stars, galaxies, or I just see them there. I think its up to you what it is. This is just my theory.

So i read the description in Settings and its actually a singularity (The center of black holes)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Grimmas said:

That looks nice... and quite a bit laggy haha. You're secretly trying to kill our PCs, right? :-)

I do - made this on a 2013 laptop, so most people won't suffer as i do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SpaceFace545 said:

@StarCrusher96You are a wizard. Also is your stuff like black hole accretion disks and rings 2 dimensional or do they have 3 dimensional bulk?

2D - i made this with singularity and instantiator.

TUFX for postprocessing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SpaceFace545 said:

Is the kerbin system touched by this mod

No, it's not. Singularity and Instantiator add effects for things such as black holes and TUFX like StarCrusher96 said, is for postprocessing effects. If you mean Galaxies Unbound itself, that doesn't touch the Kerbin system but instead adds in other star systems.

Link to post
Share on other sites

But weirdly enough it does touch some other mods that touch the Kerbol system. I had GEP installed at one point and when I first added GU to that save I noticed that it turned Grannus into a different star that was quite a bit further away from Kerbol. :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, IsuckatKSP said:

No, it's not. Singularity and Instantiator add effects for things such as black holes and TUFX like StarCrusher96 said, is for postprocessing effects. If you mean Galaxies Unbound itself, that doesn't touch the Kerbin system but instead adds in other star systems.

Many people sugested that after the Sirius update, StarCrusher96 should focuse on revamping the stock system. I presume ading more planets, like in OPM.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2021 at 1:47 AM, StarCrusher96 said:

Gu rescale works :) i'm currently finishing other stuff for the release (biomes).

What is GU rescale, and could you please link me to it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, SpaceFace545 said:

What is GU rescale, and could you please link me to it?

It hasn't been released yet, but it'll allow you to play GU with the planets at a larger size.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheSpacePotato said:

It hasn't been released yet, but it'll allow you to play GU with the planets at a larger size.

Sigma Dimensions works just fine. I tested it thoroughly. Although on the loading screen it shows some errors, I didn't find anything bad for now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...