[1.11.x - 1.12.3] Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey™ [1.3.1]&[1.4.3] [27June 2023]

StarCrusher96

16 hours ago, TycoonTitian01 said:

Hello, sorry if this is redundant/im just being stupid, but does the stock scanning for rescources and SCANSAT work with this mod?

Those features just work. No need to be concerned with GU or other planet mods.

10 hours ago, TycoonTitian01 said:

hi I do not know if it is on my end, but my game gets to where the menu loads, but just has the things spin, and spin, and spin

Any of these could be the source of your issue:

• You don't have ModularFlightIntegrator (not optional, bundled with Kopernicus).
  • You have insufficient RAM so your PC is struggling to put other things into the page file to make room for KSP.
  • You edited GU's system config and turned on planets without turning on their stars, so the planets are orbiting nulls (no values/no data).

4 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Those features just work. No need to be concerned with GU or other planet mods.

Any of these could be the source of your issue:

• You don't have ModularFlightIntegrator (not optional, bundled with Kopernicus).
  • You have insufficient RAM so your PC is struggling to put other things into the page file to make room for KSP.
  • You edited GU's system config and turned on planets without turning on their stars, so the planets are orbiting nulls (no values/no data).

Thank you, I have unpacked all of the zip files within the folders and have ModularFlightIntegrator, so it may be that I have multiple graphics mods installed making my 15.87gb of ram wants to kill itself

On 4/30/2021 at 3:06 PM, falcoon said:

ScattererCelestialBody Infurus not found by name, or transformName. Effects for this body won't be available.
Can you disable the betelgeuse planet and try running the game again.

Edited by StarCrusher96

On 1/7/2021 at 11:21 AM, StarCrusher96 said:

Don't use CKAN or anything that does the work for you. 

On 2/4/2021 at 11:32 AM, StarCrusher96 said:

3. Maybe in the future. I do not consider CKAN a standard tool for distribution and i'm figuring things out as i do not completely understand it.

Hi, a user on the CKAN Discord asked us to add this mod (or I guess family of 4 mods) to CKAN. Would it be OK with you if we did that? You can be as involved or as uninvolved as you like, up to and including taking a look at the metadata before it's available to users and perusing the output of our tools that perform test installs in sandbox containers.

Edited by HebaruSan

3 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Hi, a user on the CKAN Discord asked us to add this mod (or I guess family of 4 mods) to CKAN. Would it be OK with you if we did that? You can be as involved or as uninvolved as you like, up to and including taking a look at the metadata before it's available to users and perusing the output of our tools that perform test installs in sandbox containers.

@StarCrusher96i also know you on discord your the one that helped me with the in start crashes we had a vc you typed wail i talked. My user i thing was one of the raven names or Sn11

7 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Oh that would be nice! I'd like to be involved ofc. I just got so little time to figure ckan out and i've been thinking about restructuring the mod for ckan use. Please contact me. 

4 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Oh that would be nice! I'd like to be involved ofc. I just got so little time to figure ckan out and i've been thinking about restructuring the mod for ckan use. Please contact me. 

Excellent, I've tagged you at the pull request, but in case you don't receive the notification, this is it:

18 hours ago, Sahadara said:

Has anyone tried visiting these systems with Far Future Technologies engines? Are they good enough to make the trip in less than several centuries?

You can probably do it, it will just take forever due to Nertea nerfing the ISPs to be more stockalike. There is a config on the GU discord that gives the engines their real ISP.

9 hours ago, VCamProbe said:

So I randomly just got this bug where I have no orbital line when I cross the home solar system so I have no idea where I am going when traveling outside of it

anyone got a fix?

That is a KSP glitch not much we can do about it

3 hours ago, ballisticfox0 said:

You can probably do it, it will just take forever due to Nertea nerfing the ISPs to be more stockalike. There is a config on the GU discord that gives the engines their real ISP.

Where in the discord might I find the config? Thanks for the info btw.

I'm back with some asteroid problems, they are spawning everywhere but majority spawn near Trappist1 watching console log, like 80% of them spawn there and then rest are spread all over, so getting an asteroid spawn in my system is rare and can take years.

I found the issue which is in the base configs for GU.

these were settings regarding max asteroids for sun

spawnGroupMinLimit = 30
spawnGroupMaxLimit = 35

and for Trappist1

spawnGroupMinLimit = 30
spawnGroupMaxLimit = 45

As far as I know these Kopernicus settings are global and not unique to the body, and since I already had 42 untracked objects throughout all the systems when I sped up time, 0 could spawn in Kerbol/Sun system, changing maxLimit to 70 for Sun made them spawn at a good rate.

For even distribution of asteroids between all systems spawngroup limit settings should be same for all objects.

Edited by Nether