[1.11.x - 1.12.3] Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey™ [1.3.1]&[1.4.3] [27June 2023]

StarCrusher96

2 hours ago, IsuckatKSP said:

Is this the official release of 1.1? Or is this still a test?

Also congratulations on the release :D

Gradually putting systems out, so i guess we're somewhere in the grey area between test - release. 

Sirius is also a totally new system.

10 hours ago, ballisticfox0 said:

Cer_Turi_V31.png

Made this a while ago, keep forgetting the forums exist

I think something is wrong about the temperature of Liolan.(Is it tau ceti e?)

Also are Liolan and Cernye mini neptunes or super solids?

8 hours ago, Space Nerd said:

I think something is wrong about the temperature of Liolan.(Is it tau ceti e?)

Also are Liolan and Cernye mini neptunes or super solids?

Yep I switched the temp and pressure thx for telling me.

Edit: Fixed

They're mini-neptunes.

Edited by ballisticfox0

9 hours ago, KawaiiLucy said:

What ecaxtly has happened to Kerbins clouds, has the low orbit cloud resolution been increased?

it has improved, but there are limits to how big GU can get, so also limits to the max tex resolutions. 

On 5/12/2021 at 11:05 AM, StarCrusher96 said:

Added Sirius.
- redownload and installation of all parts are required.

https://github.com/StarCrusher96/Galaxies-Unbound-A-Stellar-Odyssey/releases/tag/1.1

I downloaded this awesome mod a month ago and this update makes it even better! But I’ve started working on a save and in order to reset my KSP to install GU (my mod count is over a hundred currently) is there a way to make a copy of my save and import it back into KSP after I reset all of the data?

9 hours ago, DasBear1 said:

I downloaded this awesome mod a month ago and this update makes it even better! But I’ve started working on a save and in order to reset my KSP to install GU (my mod count is over a hundred currently) is there a way to make a copy of my save and import it back into KSP after I reset all of the data?

Go to your KSP install > open saves > copy the save to a folder or to your desktop

Reset your ksp install > open saves > copy the save to the folder

Done you might want to keep a copy as the game may destroy/move some of your ships

With the prerelease installed, I am noticing an issue with science: after installing the prerelease, when a kerbal goes on EVA from a rover while around the KSC, the EVA-ing Kerbal will be able to run a whole heap of experiments (plant life, something related to big and small icebergs, object analysis...). The experiment text on some experiments mention 'cells in the "tree" are similar to ones on Kerbin' and the body Blalo, so I assume this behavior is caused by something in how GU is setting up experiments, and I haven't noticed this behavior before.

Anyone else notice this in a career game w/ the prerelease GU?

Also, just a suggestion - it would be nice to decouple GU scatterer/EVE visuals, specifically for the stock system only, from the rest of the package and make it optional - if (for instance) you are using OPM alongside GU, packages like AVP have configs ready-made for OPM planets while GU does not. It's certainly possible to go pull out only the OPM planets stuff from AVP, but it would make more sense just to allow the user to install something like AVP (or whatever other stock visual pack) and GU, with GU stock visuals being an option if the user wants to go that route.

EDIT AGAIN: I do notice, however, that it appears you can just delete the _stock folders in the GU EVE/Scatterer folders; maybe that's the easiest option?

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly