[1.11.x - 1.12.3] Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey™ [1.3.1]&[1.4.3] [27June 2023]

StarCrusher96

23 minutes ago, TRAPPIST-1E said:

I've been testing and I've found that the lag seems to be coming from the large amount of EVE layers per planet; there are way more than even AVP on average

This is useful, I usually get about 25fps whilst playing. I guess if I change some of the EVE configs then I'll earn fps as I usually don't like removing planets for performance.

I'm having issues with loading this mod.

I have ~115 mods in my GameData folder, a i7-7700, a GTX 1060 3GB, 16GB of RAM and Win10 64-bit, and I cannot run the mod. It manages to load everything but crashes between the loading screen and the main menu. my GU folder comes with all star systems.

GameData folder, for reference.

Someone please teach me how to insert images directly into the response box

4 hours ago, TheRealMK245 said:

What is the system requirements for this mod? It looks really cool but im not sure if i can run it

If you just run a single system then it's fairly light, if you plan on running all of them then you'll need a pretty good rig.

20 hours ago, HenriJayy said:

I have ~115 mods in my GameData folder, a i7-7700, a GTX 1060 3GB, 16GB of RAM and Win10 64-bit, and I cannot run the mod. It manages to load everything but crashes between the loading screen and the main menu. my GU folder comes with all star systems.

16 GB of RAM really won't cut it if you're trying to load in the majority or all of this mod, plus others. I think my install with similar numbers and huge parts catalog will run my system to about 32GB active memory usage.

21 hours ago, HenriJayy said:

What do you mean by crash, does the game close or just go unresponsive?

Hi, i have the same issue than HenriJayy, when i launch the game with GU it just make the whole computer crash ( the unity crash handler window opens then after like 3 seconds i have no more display output until i reboot my pc ). ( Specs: i5 7600k (4c/4t), gtx 1650S 4GB with 472.12 nvidia game ready driver, 16G of ram 2400mhz )

logs:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/muhnt5gh2jyl44m/vexmae%27s_logs.zip/file

10 hours ago, Vexmae said:

Hi, i have the same issue than HenriJayy, when i launch the game with GU it just make the whole computer crash ( the unity crash handler window opens then after like 3 seconds i have no more display output until i reboot my pc ). ( Specs: i5 7600k (4c/4t), gtx 1650S 4GB with 472.12 nvidia game ready driver, 16G of ram 2400mhz )

logs:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/muhnt5gh2jyl44m/vexmae%27s_logs.zip/file

Interesting will take a look at those logs tomorrow morning 

I am having a really weird issue. I am running my game with the alien worlds, alpha centauri and trappist 1 systems, and they all load fine, but whenever i enter the SOI of another star from interstellar space, the game just freezes and crashes, and I don't know how to fix it (just note I did install it on an already modded install, so that's probably why, but I was too lazy to make a fresh ksp install)

here's the log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17p1XBHQv3JslWcpNqQDvntzJeE1L4Z1C/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Nicodo123

@StarCrusher96 I've read through the comments and wonder if this mod works with 2.5x rescale? (It´s primarily the planet scale I´m after). I've tried to edit the GU-GENERAL_Settings.cfg file and set scale to 2.5 instead of the default 1. Does not seem to change the planet scale, but oceans dissapear. (I have sigma dimensions). Is there anything else I need to do? I think I may have missed something.

4 hours ago, SebastianPahlsson said:

@StarCrusher96 I've read through the comments and wonder if this mod works with 2.5x rescale? (It´s primarily the planet scale I´m after). I've tried to edit the GU-GENERAL_Settings.cfg file and set scale to 2.5 instead of the default 1. Does not seem to change the planet scale, but oceans dissapear. (I have sigma dimensions). Is there anything else I need to do? I think I may have missed something.

Sigma seems to be to be broken in 1.12 try downgrading to 1.11

20 hours ago, ballisticfox0 said:

Sigma seems to be to be broken in 1.12 try downgrading to 1.11

Having the same results when downgrading. No rescale and oceans dissapearing

nIZIeuI.png

This is my gamedata folder

Ltou8Kt.png

Edit: Removed visuals mods and the oceans show up. But still no rescaling.

Edited by SebastianPahlsson

The science lore in this modpack is really cool (when it isn't generic placeholders, that is)
I especially enjoy how  basically every single report on Narath talks about how disappointing of a habitable world it is

I highly anticipate seeing what you think up for the other systems!

Edited by Dobelong

Hi everyone! I have a question, does the galaxy setting make everything orbit around the ''galactic core''? or do the systems stay static? Thanks!

Also...

2 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Rhan , the one and only :p

ezgif-3-266fd74d145d.gif

ezgif-3-54389c75d9ac.gif

gorgeous, I love how its not green foliage

10 hours ago, funnelton said:

Hi everyone! I have a question, does the galaxy setting make everything orbit around the ''galactic core''? or do the systems stay static? Thanks!

The systems do orbit around the galactic core but they move so slowly that unless you timewarp millions of years that they won't noticeably move.