[1.11.x - 1.12.3] Galaxies Unbound: A Stellar Odyssey™ [1.3.1]&[1.4.3] [27June 2023]

StarCrusher96

4 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Decided the Kerbol Revamp / Expansion will be its own mod (name undecided).
Already started finishing Kerbin (normals are a bit rough here).

Interesting! I am really exited for the Kerbol system overhaul, I often use homeswitches with GU since the stock system has become kinda boring but having new content in the original system is very interesting! 

Hello

I'm a new GU user , I love it ! I started a new carreer  with GU , all seems to work fine , except for Mun and Minmus : Mun stones , craters , green sandstones , etc. don't appear ; surface features of Kerbin , I found one Baobab but no giant quartz at this time , I don't know for the others planets , I'll see when I go . I just removed GU and munar stone and craters immediately appear near a rover standing on Mun . Maybe you can help me to understand

Jean Michel

5 hours ago, AWKM80 said:

Hello

I'm a new GU user , I love it ! I started a new carreer  with GU , all seems to work fine , except for Mun and Minmus : Mun stones , craters , green sandstones , etc. don't appear ; surface features of Kerbin , I found one Baobab but no giant quartz at this time , I don't know for the others planets , I'll see when I go . I just removed GU and munar stone and craters immediately appear near a rover standing on Mun . Maybe you can help me to understand

Jean Michel

This is a bug I've reported to KSPCommunityFixes that exists in the stock code.  It has to do with when you remove or retemplate stock bodies, sometimes they glitch and  you can't use their ROCs anymore.  You are seeing that here.

They are supposed to have a fix out soon.  @Gotmachine may have a timeline.  I do not.  But when they do, if you grab the KSPCommunityFixes mod, you'll find that no longer happens.

EDIT:  and if you are especially impatient, there's a beta build I am authorized to give out that's supposed to fix this.  But it's very beta and all that.

Edited by R-T-B

13 hours ago, tgk_0072 said:

Ok, i have a feeling my laptop will be burned by the "tem" i add this mod to ksp and launch it... but i "L.O.V.E" interstellar, sooooooo..... any idea how to reduce the file size on this holy dunkus mod?

"puns intended"

The mod is as optimized as it can be for its size. It's modular so no laptop will burn :) 
(there are mods with only a fraction of the celestials GU offers with similar Gb's)

Edited by StarCrusher96

On 2/23/2022 at 3:05 PM, R-T-B said:

This is a bug I've reported to KSPCommunityFixes that exists in the stock code.  It has to do with when you remove or retemplate stock bodies, sometimes they glitch and  you can't use their ROCs anymore.  You are seeing that here.

They are supposed to have a fix out soon.  @Gotmachine may have a timeline.  I do not.  But when they do, if you grab the KSPCommunityFixes mod, you'll find that no longer happens.

EDIT:  and if you are especially impatient, there's a beta build I am authorized to give out that's supposed to fix this.  But it's very beta and all that.

FYI The KSPCommunityFixes with this fix is now out.  The fix is called "ROCValidationOOR" and is on by default.

I updated SpaceDustUnbound to 1.0.1. Had some sneaky errors that I didn't even think of until using it with less GU systems installed than the max released! It now checks for the filepath of any installed GU systems before attempting to populate the spacedust definitions.

This doesn't work if you leave the system installed but disable it in the GU settings unfortunately.

https://github.com/Vexxel/SpaceDustUnbound/releases/tag/v1.0.1

19 hours ago, Vexxel said:

I updated SpaceDustUnbound to 1.0.1. Had some sneaky errors that I didn't even think of until using it with less GU systems installed than the max released! It now checks for the filepath of any installed GU systems before attempting to populate the spacedust definitions.

This doesn't work if you leave the system installed but disable it in the GU settings unfortunately.

https://github.com/Vexxel/SpaceDustUnbound/releases/tag/v1.0.1

That’s fine, disabling systems via the config file breaks the visuals atm so not much point to using it.

6 hours ago, Sky Kerman said:

So I downloaded EVE Redux and scatterer, I put in GU stock clouds, and all the atmospheres come out blue?

https://imgur.com/a/B0gukx2

That is Orus, not Bialo. How do I fix this?

https://imgur.com/6qHzZIL -Link to my files. (Sorry dont know why the link is black?)

You need to open GU_Stockclouds and merge the GU file with the one in GameData.
Most atmosphere in GU are blue ...

I'll need logs if you want me to investigate it.

Edited by StarCrusher96